Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many San Diegans Plan to move out of the area in the next year?
Move out of San Diego 10 20.83%
Move out of Southern California 5 10.42%
Move out of California? 36 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:28 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,139,491 times

Advertisements

SD is an amazing place to live. Every place has it's downs.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:21 PM

643 posts, read 1,394,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaray View Post
are you saying that cv crime is getting a lot worse? Are people not taking care of their home? The portion of cv i've been scoping out is the otay ranch/eastlake eastern part of cv. Are all those new homes and beautiful new parks really deteriorating and becoming crime-ridden? Or does she live closer to downtown cv? This sort of information is really important for me.

I can't find anywhere else in metro sd that has the number of new homes with parks intersperced and outdoor shopping/town center and extensive bike trails. Is there somewhere else in the metro that i've missed that has all that? There's no way i could afford to live in a condo near westfield horton plaza and the bay downtown or in the (balboa) park west area where i could walk to horton or bike along the bay. I'm assuming prices there are much higher than eastern cv.

Where are the town centers in north county? Carmel mountain ranch town center? No bike trails around the homes in that area that i can tell. Maybe a condo in university city where i could walk to university town center. But if i hopped on my bike in that area, would i get creamed by traffic? If i could even get a 2 or 3 br condo between $350k and $550k. I don't know. I do know that wherever i move in the us, i'm not sacrificing quality of life. I'm going to have to have some kind of town center within a 2 mile or so walk and ample bike trails which i can easily access from where i live without getting in a car. If somebody has other recommendations in metro sd, i'm all ears.
santee

Old 02-27-2009, 12:58 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
There is one thing I have to say about San Diego.

Something that really used to bug me about the city was the competetive flashing of wealth everywhere. The people driving Hummers that they would never take off road. The way most people tried to have the absolute perfect haircut and outfit all the time. The fixation on money and status.

I do like a cosmopolitan city. But in San Diego it was going a little too far, to the point of total arrogance and blatent rudeness.

A long time ago I wrote some posts talking about how much that aspect of San Diego bothered me. I could tell it was unsustainable. It was like a bunch of pigs eating all they could before the food gets taken away. But instead of food, it was cars, houses, boats, etc.

But now, with the economic slowdown, i'm starting to see a change. It seems like San Diego is shifting back to being more laid back. The flashing of wealth, and the attitude that goes along with it is starting to mellow out a little. I sense that competetive energy slowing down.

So in this way, this economic crisis is having some good effect here.

The funny thing is. A lot of those people who used to drive Hummers and BMW's, and live in huge houses, were living way being their means. And now, their over-indulgent lifestyle has contributed to this worldwide financial crisis. Southern California is one of the biggest culprits in this thing.

I'm glad I just rode a cheap motorcycle and stayed in a tiny place while I lived n SD and didn't get sucked into the over-indulgence. I don't have very much debt at all

Hopefully we can all learn a lesson from this.
you say this about pretty much every place you live, your past posts speak for themselves.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:29 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,970,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
santee
WOW! Good looking out! I totally missed that. Trolley Square at Santee Town Center, the trails around there and the new park, Santee Lakes, on the trolley line. That's EXCELLENT!

Old 02-27-2009, 12:14 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabaster12 View Post
The winters are extremely cold, which I find strange,
Wow, if you participate in the CD Forums long enough, I guess you'll find any opinion. That one takes the cake though.

"The winters are extremely cold"....compared to where? Bangkok maybe? Hell?

I am sure there are complaints about San Diego and I am not terribly familiar with the city myself, however, hearing "extremely cold" and far-SoCal in the same sentence is a head scratcher to me.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:18 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
I don't get the complaining- of course i have lived in a lot of other places- so SD measures up very well. If you don't have a good paying job, you probably won't "like" most of the desirable parts of the country, they are all "relatively" expensive. You can still get a nice home in SD under $650. Try that in the Bay Area, Santa Barbara, New York, D.C., etc. It is all relative.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:10 PM

643 posts, read 1,394,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
WOW! Good looking out! I totally missed that. Trolley Square at Santee Town Center, the trails around there and the new park, Santee Lakes, on the trolley line. That's EXCELLENT!
No prob i cant forget my home town. but now im in mississippi

Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
you say this about pretty much every place you live, your past posts speak for themselves.
Actually you are lying.

I said this about Orange County a long time ago. And I said this about one certain neighborhood in Denver. I don't recall saying it about any other place. I've lived in a lot of other places that were not like this though.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:30 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
I'm not going any where and neither is my family. We were here long before you carpetbaggers got here and we'll be here long after you've all left.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:42 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,970,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
No prob i cant forget my home town. but now im in mississippi
Ooooh, my sympathies.

But it must have been nice growing up right next door to Mission Trails Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego