Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many San Diegans Plan to move out of the area in the next year?
Move out of San Diego 10 20.83%
Move out of Southern California 5 10.42%
Move out of California? 36 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,565,781 times

Advertisements

I didn't intend to be sarcastic about parking in the garage. But I definitely understand why you thought that! There isn't enough parking at our new place to park anywhere else . . . so the HOA is pretty good about enforcing it.

Back when we lived in a real house, we always laughed at the people who parked their cars in the driveway because the garage was full of crap. We've never really bought stuff we don't need. And we donate surplus good stuff to Goodwill. Or only exception to that rule is family heirlooms and the like. We hold onto them until we are old enough to appreciate them. And if that day doesn't come soon - we'll find another family member to pawn them off on!

If you really need extra space, just rent a storage unit!! Or buy a bigger house. If you can't afford that - then quit buying stuff!

Old 03-05-2009, 11:49 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,591,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
government work? dare i ask that?
The state of California is broke, as is the city of San Diego.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,983,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Back when we lived in a real house, we always laughed at the people who parked their cars in the driveway because the garage was full of crap.
LOL! Yeah, that is pretty funny!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:40 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,253,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
The state of California is broke, as is the city of San Diego.
then i will sell burritos and fish tacos on the street. anything.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:00 AM

349 posts, read 1,548,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theh View Post
I'm going to guess either you've never lived anywhere else and therefore don't know any better, OR you secretly LOVE San Diego and are just trying to scare away newcomers.
That's exactly what I thought when I read this. Just about everywhere in this country is much hotter in the summer and much colder in the winter than San Diego. Too funny.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:06 AM

349 posts, read 1,548,612 times
Mantaray: haven't had time to read all the posts but don't worry about eastern chula vista. It's still clean, new, manicured and not "run down", please.

Those who put down CV have old impressions of it or are mostly familiar with the less appealing parts they see off the freeway or they are turned off by the hispanic population. Eastern CV is nicer than many parts of San Diego, believe me. I've seen neighborhoods north of the 8 (Clairemont, Linda Vista, Mira Mesa) just to name a few that were ugly and run down and I would never want to live in. But, does that mean the whole area is bad? I'm sure there are nice parts of those areas as well. Eastern CV is very nice. Recently I looked into La Costa and I preferred the amenities in eastern CV to that area.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:16 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,565,781 times
Default Already enough burrito boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
then i will sell burritos and fish tacos on the street. anything.
Too funny. After my interview trip, we decided that San Diego already had enough burrito joints - my husband ended up selling his portable burrito kitchen before we moved here.

And beleive me - he makes the most awesome breakfast burritos around. New Mexico style with red or green chile. San Diego is really missing out on some good grub.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:41 PM

30,954 posts, read 37,174,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Sit tight...Barack Obama is on the job. He'll take this country out of this Republican-induced recession by the end of the year and Republican-leaning San Diego like every other city will benefit.
I agree with Sassberto on this one. I think you're living in a fantasy world. I admit I didn't vote for Obama. But for anyone to expect such wonders from any politician is ludicrous.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
was this post actually serious?

Heavily partisan politics, one thing I definitely DO NOT miss about the Bay Area .
Yeah, I live in the Bay Area. I feel the same way. Is SD any better in this regard?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No kidding, I voted for Obama too but we can hardly blame a global recession on one man when the playing cards for what is happening now were dealt as early as the late eighties.
Actually, I would say it goes back even farther than that, to the late 1970s. Read the book The Two Income Trap. The authors mention in the book that there was a 1978 Supreme Court decision that allowed the banks to get around the heavy regulation of credit cards. That was the genesis of the credit bubble.

And by the way, the authors of the book were liberals from Harvard, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego