Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 11:08 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I don't see it as a cop out, but as a sad truth. The newer neighborhoods have newer stuff. WC hasn't invested in any new playground equipment. I don't know why not.

And we've had people of all sorts use our park. Football practice, soccer, etc. Even when official WC practice was going on, we've had to kick folks off the field, and they would be upset! They didn't even live here, and were holding regular practices. Geez.

I'm not sure what the HOA can do about the loitering teens, except call the BCSO. There is no way to physically keep them out. They've added lighting recently, which helps expose part of the area at night, but no where near enough, probably. And just for the record, WC has it's share of 'punks', they don't necessarily come from adjoining neighborhoods...
Why not put up a LARGE sign at the park entrance that says "PRIVATE PARK for Westcreek Members only." I've seen this in rural areas.
BTW: What happened to the off duty BCSO officers that the HOA hired to watch the park?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:09 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
I would agree with that

I don't understand why people would even think they could go into another neighborhood and use their facilities. I also wish they would make the streets in WC private. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 90% of the problems we experience are from rustic oaks and the townhomes in front.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:20 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,425,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Why not put up a LARGE sign at the park entrance that says "PRIVATE PARK for Westcreek Members only." I've seen this in rural areas.
BTW: What happened to the off duty BCSO officers that the HOA hired to watch the park?
I think the signs out there say it already, but these are the people that probably need a giant sign written in crayon before they get the message. I wonder if the HOA would be receptive to having one put up - of course, it's just more coloring fodder for the idiot taggers, and most people won't care anyway.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the BCSO out there in awhile...I wonder if they got cut back too?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,040,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I think the signs out there say it already, but these are the people that probably need a giant sign written in crayon before they get the message. I wonder if the HOA would be receptive to having one put up - of course, it's just more coloring fodder for the idiot taggers, and most people won't care anyway.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the BCSO out there in awhile...I wonder if they got cut back too?
How about doing it in spray paint with bubble letters or Old English font? They seem to be able to read that crap.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,593 times
Guys,

Don't waste the sherriff's time by calling them because some teenager is sitting on the playground equipment, they're doing nothing wrong.

How about asking them to move - 'hey guys, would you mind moving so the little ones can play'. They're not out there to cause trouble and they'll probably move. If they don't, make them uncomfortable, eye contact, or even sitting next to them (you have right to sit there as well).

I used to get upset when I saw kids from the townhomes trooping up the street with basketballs in hand knowing they were heading to the park. Then it came to me one day that if they're shooting hoops they're not up to other things - I'd rather have them shooting hoops.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 AM

109 posts, read 518,103 times
I think that the real problem is that San Antonio just doesn't have enough parks. Unfortunately my subdivision doesn't have a playground so yes I'm guilty, I walk my kiddos over to the neighboring subdivisions and let them play there, rather than drive 10 miles to a public park. Usually we're the only ones there.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 PM

276 posts, read 970,268 times
Did we have a wind storm last night?? Lots of tree branches and leaves on the ground today.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:14 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,425,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
Did we have a wind storm last night?? Lots of tree branches and leaves on the ground today.
Wind was pretty strong, starting about 11 pm or so here. Lots of strong gusts, blew plenty of things over, including the still unrepaired fence on Westcreek Oaks.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:17 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,398,571 times
The fence looked like it was up when I drove by this afternoon. There were people standing by it and I'm assuming they were the ones that put it up. I wish I could just put up a stone or brick fence on my own. I hate these wooden fences and a stone or brick fence will seriously F up these idiots that keep running into them.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,902 times
I too would like a concrete (wood grain looking) fence. One thing that it would do is to provide a mooe consistant look rather than having different colored stains. I know that only one stain has been approved but it's obvious that it isn't being used. My fear about the concrete fence would be 'tagging". We all know that this would happen. However I am not sure if pressure washing cleans it all off. It that's the case then I say go with it. I have no idea on the price but I feel that over the life of the concrete fence many wood feences could be built.
I dont know what going on with the current wood fences. The quality is not there. The fences should hold up much better. Whatever the fence is constructed of it needs to be done by a reputable company that will do quality work and stand behind it.
*One thing that needed to be done is to inform those who will share the fence with the HOA that they need to keep their trees, bushes, etc trimed. The weight of branches can take a fence down.
As I have said prior I am out and about the San Antonio area daily. I see more and more subdivisions with concrete fences. Does anyone know if a concrete fence builder has ever been approached by the Board or HOA Staff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio