Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2022, 11:36 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The topic of this thread is "Atheism As A REJECTION OF--Not Disbelief In--An Evil God".
The topic of this thread is not how others see you in this forum...and besides, that's on you. It's called karma.
Says the champion of telling everyone all about his life...including scores upon scores of individual work situations and occurrences...how long he spent where...and tons of other meaningless spew (to go along with the Christianity/Christian slander & defamation)...at a posting rate that is epic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 01:23 PM

16,683 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Knock off the personal bickering and discuss the topic.

Atheism As A REJECTION OF--Not Disbelief In--An Evil God

Old 06-05-2022, 01:32 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Says the champion of telling everyone all about his life...including scores upon scores of individual work situations and occurrences...how long he spent where...and tons of other meaningless spew (to go along with the Christianity/Christian slander & defamation)...at a posting rate that is epic.
this is simple.

"rejection of an evil god" is flat out wrong. But, if its help bash religion, just don't slow it down.

We see that other tactic also a bunch too. The first time I encountered it was with a guy named nofrozzendoo or something.

He seemed to know the science good enough to know when I presented the list and we are in a system of alive more than not alive he went right to "I am only talking about the thread title." I said, I get it, you already said stuff about it, lets get straight between me and you. He went with I am only talking about the thread title.

That's when I knew it was over. These people are not in the game for the same reason. But some of them clearly can't see outside of the box they are in.

they avoid, mock, and dehumanize when needed. And if we even hint of a reply in kind they pounce; blame us for the whole sha bang. I used wonder how Hilter could ever get in power. Until I got here. It doesn't matter what is more reliable.

That poster posts are the number one example of dish it out and cry to mommy because they can't take it. lmao,

If it doesn't support the agenda shun it, out law it, misprision it, and if need be kill it.

otherwise this simple.

"rejection of an evil god" is flat out wrong. But, if its help bash religion, just don't slow it down.

Old 06-05-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Knock off the personal bickering and discuss the topic.

Atheism As A REJECTION OF--Not Disbelief In--An Evil God
Atheism is as logical a concept as the idea that one would "Lack Belief" in Reality.

There is no "Evil God" to reject or have Disbelief (inapplicable term in this context) in.

So, the thread does not make sense from the get-go...well, not to anyone working with any reason or common sense.
So...it figures that it would "drift" off topic...since there actually is no topic to speak of.

Old 06-05-2022, 02:10 PM

16,683 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Atheism is as logical a concept as the idea that one would "Lack Belief" in Reality.

There is no "Evil God" to reject or have Disbelief (inapplicable term in this context) in.

So, the thread does not make sense from the get-go...well, not to anyone working with any reason or common sense.
So...it figures that it would "drift" off topic...since there actually is no topic to speak of.
In that case, there is no reason for you to be posting if the topic makes no sense. Glad you won't be dragging any more threads off topic.

Old 06-05-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
In that case, there is no reason for you to be posting if the topic makes no sense. Glad you won't be dragging any more threads off topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
this is simple.

We see that other tactic also a bunch too. The first time I encountered it was with a guy named nofrozzendoo or something.

He seemed to know the science good enough to know when I presented the list and we are in a system of alive more than not alive he went right to "I am only talking about the thread title." I said, I get it, you already said stuff about it, lets get straight between me and you. He went with I am only talking about the thread title.

That's when I knew it was over. These people are not in the game for the same reason. But some of them clearly can't see outside of the box they are in.

they avoid, mock, and dehumanize when needed. And if we even hint of a reply in kind they pounce; blame us for the whole sha bang. I used wonder how Hilter could ever get in power. Until I got here. It doesn't matter what is more reliable.

That poster posts are the number one example of dish it out and cry to mommy because they can't take it. lmao,

If it doesn't support the agenda shun it, out law it, misprision it, and if need be kill it.

otherwise this simple.

Right...the "off topic" excuse. The "Thread title".
What's the topic? The 7 out of 10 "FFR...Insult & criticize Religion/Spirituality and the Religious/Spiritual" topics that get any action?
Any real exchange about Religion/Spirituality gets very little action...but insult & criticize it and try to get FFR gets plenty.
Just look at the Thread History...it's always a small handful of people ragging and complaining about Religion & the Religious/Spiritual, wanting FFR
I stay on topic...I contest the insults & criticism, and support why the criticism and insults are not meritorious or valid, and are not sensible.
I guess we have to agree with the insults/criticism and FFR to be "on topic"...is that how it works?

Old 06-05-2022, 04:32 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Right...the "off topic" excuse. The "Thread title".
What's the topic? The 7 out of 10 "FFR...Insult & criticize Religion/Spirituality and the Religious/Spiritual" topics that get any action?
Any real exchange about Religion/Spirituality gets very little action...but insult & criticize it and try to get FFR gets plenty.
Just look at the Thread History...it's always a small handful of people ragging and complaining about Religion & the Religious/Spiritual, wanting FFR
I stay on topic...I contest the insults & criticism, and support why the criticism and insults are not meritorious or valid, and are not sensible.
I guess we have to agree with the insults/criticism and FFR to be "on topic"...is that how it works?
Yup, in terms of atheism being the rejection of an evil god ....

that's why the tiles are carefully worded. It keeps the focus on the agenda .... FFR p-word agenda. They do it intentionally and that's why I don't respect them.

I just posted in another thread, this "rejection of an evil god" and other things we see here is bore out of revenge.

We all agree that some religious beliefs are irrational and that religion can hurt people doing what it does.

But those things come from fear and ignorance to me. More often than not.

What we see here are actions taken for revenge. Its not about teaching people how to think. Otherwise all discussions and observation are brought to bare.

Their Revenge often finds joy in hurting people. That is a completely different minds set than what religious people are doing.

They join together in the name of revenge and they are proud of it. They believe with their whole body they are justified. Sound familiar? a statement of belief about god just feeling good and justified? no matter the cost?

Yet, people that are seeking to find the best truths, like religion doesn't make bad/good people and atheism is not a rejection of an evil god, are not wanted unless we sit down and shut up, we are not welcome.

They have no way of seeing that from far away they sound exactly like the ones they are fighting. Because these ex-Christian just changed beliefs, they did not change how they believe.

How we belief is far more important than what we believe. The one atheist here is trying to fill his soul with something. The post make seem like they a cling to the buddha like its something.

When all they have to do understand that revenge is bad and believing in somethin more is more reliable. Self help and science support both.

Its ok to say "I believe there is far more than we understand going on." and at the same time say "My experience with religion was really really really bad." they are both true.

but revenge clouds the visions.

Old 06-05-2022, 05:44 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Yup, in terms of atheism being the rejection of an evil god ....

that's why the tiles are carefully worded. It keeps the focus on the agenda .... FFR p-word agenda. They do it intentionally and that's why I don't respect them.

I just posted in another thread, this "rejection of an evil god" and other things we see here is bore out of revenge.

We all agree that some religious beliefs are irrational and that religion can hurt people doing what it does.

But those things come from fear and ignorance to me. More often than not.

What we see here are actions taken for revenge. Its not about teaching people how to think. Otherwise all discussions and observation are brought to bare.

Their Revenge often finds joy in hurting people. That is a completely different minds set than what religious people are doing.

They join together in the name of revenge and they are proud of it. They believe with their whole body they are justified. Sound familiar? a statement of belief about god just feeling good and justified? no matter the cost?

Yet, people that are seeking to find the best truths, like religion doesn't make bad/good people and atheism is not a rejection of an evil god, are not wanted unless we sit down and shut up, we are not welcome.

They have no way of seeing that from far away they sound exactly like the ones they are fighting. Because these ex-Christian just changed beliefs, they did not change how they believe.

How we belief is far more important than what we believe. The one atheist here is trying to fill his soul with something. The post make seem like they a cling to the buddha like its something.

When all they have to do understand that revenge is bad and believing in somethin more is more reliable. Self help and science support both.

Its ok to say "I believe there is far more than we understand going on." and at the same time say "My experience with religion was really really really bad." they are both true.

but revenge clouds the visions.

I take exception to some of this. It's true that atheists technically have no business on this thread because it involves two God/god's--the real God/higher power that kickstarted life on earth AND the Christian pagan god, Yahweh (stolen by the Hebrews from the civilization that is credited with creating it) and if one is an atheist one doesn't believe in either one. For those who are deistic, agnostic or believers the topic is very relevant because one would want to be informed as to whether or not the God/god they believe in is good or evil based solely on how this entity interacts with them. Deists like myself don't believe either one interacts in any way with this world. Agnostics are on the fence about whether this entity is evil or good because they're not even sure whether the entity exists or not. I am here to tell the agnostic and believer that from where I stand the rule of "no action is criminal action" applies, as in "They knew abuse was going on but they declined to report it for fear of getting involved". Failing to report the abuse is a criminal action. In the case of God/god the real God is unaware or uncaring about evil going on down here and that makes him a criminal entity in my opinion and therefore evil. I reject this evil God because he rejects me. The Christian pagan god Yahweh doesn't exist in my opinion by virtue of him being a god created by the Canaanites. However, in the minds of Christians Yahweh does exist, yet if we just grant to Christians that this is a real god, this god still betrays them by its total neglect of them. This neglect is fully demonstrable in poll after poll which shows it not responding at all to prayer. Science recognizes that there has never been a scintilla of evidence that anything supernatural has happened in this world, therefore the supernatural remains a non-sequitur with regard to its validity.

Therefore the REAL God is evil by virtue of its neglect of us when we need it. The Christian pagan god is evil by virtue of it being real in the Christians' minds, and this not-real-except-in the-minds-of-Christians god is evil by virtue of it in like manner not displaying any interest in the people who worship it and need it.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I take exception to some of this. It's true that atheists technically have no business on this thread because it involves two God/god's--the real God/higher power that kickstarted life on earth AND the Christian pagan god, Yahweh (stolen by the Hebrews from the civilization that is credited with creating it) and if one is an atheist one doesn't believe in either one. For those who are deistic, agnostic or believers the topic is very relevant because one would want to be informed as to whether or not the God/god they believe in is good or evil based solely on how this entity interacts with them. Deists like myself don't believe either one interacts in any way with this world. Agnostics are on the fence about whether this entity is evil or good because they're not even sure whether the entity exists or not. I am here to tell the agnostic and believer that from where I stand the rule of "no action is criminal action" applies, as in "They knew abuse was going on but they declined to report it for fear of getting involved". Failing to report the abuse is a criminal action. In the case of God/god the real God is unaware or uncaring about evil going on down here and that makes him a criminal entity in my opinion and therefore evil. I reject this evil God because he rejects me. The Christian pagan god Yahweh doesn't exist in my opinion by virtue of him being a god created by the Canaanites. However, in the minds of Christians Yahweh does exist, yet if we just grant to Christians that this is a real god, this god still betrays them by its total neglect of them. This neglect is fully demonstrable in poll after poll which shows it not responding at all to prayer. Science recognizes that there has never been a scintilla of evidence that anything supernatural has happened in this world, therefore the supernatural remains a non-sequitur with regard to its validity.

Therefore the REAL God is evil by virtue of its neglect of us when we need it. The Christian pagan god is evil by virtue of it being real in the Christians' minds, and this not-real-except-in the-minds-of-Christians god is evil by virtue of it in like manner not displaying any interest in the people who worship it and need it.
You have still NEVER explained where you got all this information/knowledge about this "Real God" you believe in...that you know so certainly that you not only make objective claims about it, you are even able to assess it and pass judgments.
How do you know the God you believe in has all these attributes and abilities?
How do you know what this God is and isn't capable of doing and what has been done by this God?
How do you know the mindset of this God, even to the degree of knowing (his) attitude toward things?
How do you know this God is male?
How do you know what this male God does & doesn't do?

This entire thread is predicted upon you knowing all these things about this God, and you make critiques based on it all being objectively true.

Now...you say it isn't the Abrahamic God of the Bible, and that that Deity/Book has nothing to do with what you claim to know about this "Real God".
At some point you have to address these questions...and the Anti Christian Atheists on this board have let you slide, and have not interrogated you and attacked you like they do everyone else that makes God claims (especially God claims as extensive & detailed as yours), because you insult and mock Christianity.

Old 06-05-2022, 11:43 PM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:

Then you do not understand the logic.

My disbelief (applicable according to my dictionary definitions) in all gods is a conclusion based on logic, science and mathematics, and has nothing to do with rejecting one evil god (which would entail that god actually existing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality