Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 06:50 PM

6,764 posts, read 6,807,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to wonder why I bother to date or even befriend any women who are less than 9s and 10s. Every time I give a 8 or less a chance they turn out to be either crazy or a seething mass of jealousy
I don't have a rating system like that, but you have a point. My girlfriend has an acquaintance who has an attitude like you've never seen, and is easily the ugliest and fattest in the group she hangs out with.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,404,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Maybe you do, but obviously you have not met every woman in the world. I do not like lumping people together or making generalizations. It sounds like you have made these observations from observing two women. Your recent threads show that your mind changes like the wine. I have been told that I was a number before, and I walked away and never looked back. The idiot thought he was complimenting me....
My observations started about 25 years ago with the first '10' that I knew very well, my sister. She was despised by other girls and loved by guys for both her personality and her looks. Now I see the same thing happening to her daughter.

It's entirely possible that I'm simply more comfortable with very good looking women and that's why they're more comfortable and friendly to me.

And by the way, I used the 1-10 rating system for the benefit of this forum, which loves to rate and categorize people

Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM

645 posts, read 1,456,069 times
Moderator cut: snip
I would like to think that i'm a 9 or 10, and I am hella mean sometimes. It's not about looks, it's just anyone can have a bad attitude, cute, ugly pretty beautiful ect..

Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 PM

213 posts, read 418,005 times
Quote:
My observations started about 25 years ago with the first '10' that I knew very well, my sister. She was despised by other girls and loved by guys for both her personality and her looks. Now I see the same thing happening to her daughter.

It's entirely possible that I'm simply more comfortable with very good looking women and that's why they're more comfortable and friendly to me.

And by the way, I used the 1-10 rating system for the benefit of this forum, which loves to rate and categorize people
LOL your sister is a 10 - obviously your rating scale is very subjective Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by wigirl920; 05-10-2010 at 08:02 PM..

Old 05-10-2010, 08:11 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,043,127 times
Quote:

So why are you single then?

Call me crazy, but I've never understood people giving advice when they themselves cannot personally back it up.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:22 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,429,020 times
Quote:

It sounds like your rating system is a bit subjective. Tell me do you differentiate between what is considered attractive to you and what is seen as generally attractive in the wider society?

Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,098,352 times
Quote:
I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to wonder why I bother to date or even befriend any women who are less than 9s and 10s. Every time I give a 8 or less a chance they turn out to be either crazy or a seething mass of jealousy and hatred toward better looking women

It's like they've been dealt a less than perfect hand so they've decide to go through the rest of their life being angry. Either that or they overcompensate by demanding even more

Looking back over the girls I've dated and/or been friends with you'd think I'm incredibly shallow But I realize now that I picked those girls for another reason entirely! They were the nice ones, the sweet ones, the ones who were easy to get along with and didn't hate every other woman that crossed their path.

This probably doesn't apply to all 10s but it's easy to spot the ones who are really nice. They're the ones with few if any female friends. That's because they're despised and shunned not only for their looks but also for their charisma with guys. Since they haven't been able to make friends with other girls they're forced to make friends with guys, so naturally they become more comfortable with guys, and guys like them even more then they normally would.

These are the same women who don't like to be fawned over for their looks and often deemphasize their looks by wearing less make up. Since they need male friends they want guys to treat them like human beings, not trophies.

I've also found that these women have a certain vulnerability about them. You can plainly see how they've been hurt by the way they've been treated by other women. It makes me sad But on the bright side as long as you don't act like a lovesick puppy around them they'll make a guy an excellent friend and perhaps more
OK when I first read this I had to check to see if it was posted on April 1st.

Then I carefully read it again, and can only assume this was posted to get a hornets nest going...what is it nearing, like ten pages? Bravo!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 PM

And to further prove this guy is just full of it and posting to stir up a hornets nest lets look at this post about 10's by him on 2-6-2010 at 3:21

"When I was younger I would pick out the hottest girl I could find and unless her personality reminded me of a horror movie I would try to work around it. Needless to say I ended up going out with girls who were shall we say...less than stable. But hey, at least they were a lot of fun to look at

How things have changed. These days it takes almost nothing for a physically beautiful woman to totally ruin my opinion of her. Naturally I still find an attractive woman attractive, and I'd love to find the 'whole package' embodied in one person. But the reality is 9 times out of 10 things go downhill the moment a pretty girl opens her mouth. Maybe it's just me but it seems that if you're blessed with good genes, you should be able to find FEWER things to complain about, not MORE."

THAT'S TOTALLY OPPOSITE OF THIS THREADS CONCLUSIONS

Old 05-10-2010, 08:49 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,404,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It sounds like your rating system is a bit subjective. Tell me do you differentiate between what is considered attractive to you and what is seen as generally attractive in the wider society?
I'm taking other people's opinion of my sister's and niece's looks. Obviously being family I don't personally find either of them 'attractive'.

Quote:
Then I carefully read it again, and can only assume this was posted to get a hornets nest going...what is it nearing, like ten pages? Bravo!
I'll take a bow even though this post was a serious question to an honest observation. If it happens to be controversial so be it! We want lively debate on this forum, yes? I don't mind taking a few scraps for the greater good

Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 PM

BTW that took me all of 5 minutes to find. When you make up stuff on the net, make sure you haven't spoken on the subject previously, oppositely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships