Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:23 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,584,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I've looked at the thread title and read the post a couple of times and fail to see the correlation between the two since your score criteria seems to do a big turn midstream. Guess I'm just tired after a long day's working night - maybe I'll see the light tomorrow!
It wasn't you, I read it and thought the same.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 AM

12,572 posts, read 15,584,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to wonder why I bother to date or even befriend any women who are less than 9s and 10s. Every time I give a 8 or less a chance they turn out to be either crazy or a seething mass of jealousy and hatred toward better looking women

It's like they've been dealt a less than perfect hand so they've decide to go through the rest of their life being angry. Either that or they overcompensate by demanding even more

Looking back over the girls I've dated and/or been friends with you'd think I'm incredibly shallow But I realize now that I picked those girls for another reason entirely! They were the nice ones, the sweet ones, the ones who were easy to get along with and didn't hate every other woman that crossed their path.

This probably doesn't apply to all 10s but it's easy to spot the ones who are really nice. They're the ones with few if any female friends. That's because they're despised and shunned not only for their looks but also for their charisma with guys. Since they haven't been able to make friends with other girls they're forced to make friends with guys, so naturally they become more comfortable with guys, and guys like them even more then they normally would.

These are the same women who don't like to be fawned over for their looks and often deemphasize their looks by wearing less make up. Since they need male friends they want guys to treat them like human beings, not trophies.

I've also found that these women have a certain vulnerability about them. You can plainly see how they've been hurt by the way they've been treated by other women. It makes me sad But on the bright side as long as you don't act like a lovesick puppy around them they'll make a guy an excellent friend and perhaps more
A pretty precise statement for which a solid conclusion cannot not be made due to infinite variables.
With that being said, as I read your post, I gathered this: The 10s you described are what you consider to be the perfect woman for you. You prefer these type of women not just because they are comfortable hanging with guys, but because you fear the pack mentality that may or may not exist with the "lesser" women who do not hang out with guys. Several women hanging out together lack the "vulnerability" you speak of & desire. With this basis of fear you have concluded these "10s" have somehow been ostracized by those lower on your scorecard. To be quite honest I would be highly suspicious of a girl who claims her reason for hanging out with guys because she felt/was ostracized by her friends.
It boils down to this: you are more comfortable with a woman who hangs out with guys than you are with ones that don't. Nothing wrong with that, its called preference. However, its not reason enough to draw such a hair-brained conclusion.

P.S. Makes you sound like a predator.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,593,640 times
I've seen other threads asking the opposite, the premise good looking women aren't as friendly, implying they don't think they need to be nice.
Good looking isn't necessarily confidence. Maybe you bring out their better qualities.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,566,319 times
Um op, you have stated the exact OPPOSITE thing in other threads.

Oh I forgot, that's when you thought the "older""uglier" 25 year old liked you.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...gly-girls.html

Do you base all your assumptions on women on these two women that you incessantly make threads about? It seems like it.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:39 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,531,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genx View Post
and mine as well! the OP sounds quite immature and idiotic in his generalizations. he must be a very young man who has not experienced life much to be able to categorize women into such narrow-minded boxes. this is among the most ridiculous threads i've read on CD. his posts make TVSG seem like a relationship guru.
While I happen to agree with pretty much everything you said, did you really need to bring TVSG into this thread? That's a pretty low blow!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:46 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,219,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I don't know bla bla
Your parents should write a book on how to sucessfully raise a jack as$.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:47 AM

213 posts, read 417,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
While I happen to agree with pretty much everything you said, did you really need to bring TVSG into this thread? That's a pretty low blow!
i'm all for efficiency - killing two birds with one stone

Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,691,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I wonder how she rates Russian men? "Wodka anyone?"
You wonder how I rate Russian men? I don't rate any men. Russian men have a different culture than American men, but it's mostly surface. And incidentally, there is no "w" sound in Russian.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:21 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,034,686 times
In defense of pretty women who automatically get labeled as high maintenance, perhaps the men should realize that a work of art takes judicious and wise refining. While grooming won't bless you with looks you don't already have, they can enhance what you're mother gave you and take it to soaring levels. I'm not even referring to plastic surgery or anything of the sort, but rather fitness, skin, hair, and clothes & makeup. People should realize that us girls do all that "maintenance" so we don't have to attempt to salvage ruins in the future.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,334,537 times
Why are good-looking women nicer than average-looking women?

I don't know but the next time I see one, I'm going to ask her what makes her so damn nice and who does she think she is showing up us average-looking women!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.