Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
That's easy. You just avoid the feminist 2s who think they're 10s
I think you are overestimating yourself a bit. From what I've seen, I can't imagine even a 0.5 agreeing to it. But you can always go ahead and buy one in the 3rd world, I suppose.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:15 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
What the hell? Are you a 10? I don't think women should be rated at all. We are people not cars..or things. I do not like men that look at women in the way that you are doing on this thread. I am not a number; I am a person.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Watch out, smel, he's gonna call you a "feminist 2". Because the idea that you are a person and not a car is extremely radical and totally offensive to men like the OP.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmmmm....I'd give myself a 5. I'm not hideous...Nor so hot...I would even want myself....But us average women aren't all angry and emotionally unstable. I am friends with some pretty damn hot chicks. And one is bi-polar. One was unwanted by her real mom then was adopted by an alcoholic. So you really need to look at each women for what they are and why.
Fair enough. But I think I'm going to have to leave that to other guys.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
That has not been my experience. The best friendships I have had with women, are with women I am not attracted to, in fact I do not think I have ever been platonic friends with a girl I was physically attracted to. In my experience, there is an entire level of awkwardness and drama that comes with even trying to befriend someone I am physically attracted to that makes it impossible and the OP's last sentence is the entire root of this problem.

"But on the bright side as long as you don't act like a lovesick puppy around them they'll make a guy an excellent friend and perhaps more."

If someone is socially compatible and is physically attractive there is almost always going to be a push for "perhaps more" and if they do not want "perhaps more" it will often ruin the relationship after much drama and fanfare.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 05-09-2010 at 09:30 PM..

Old 05-09-2010, 09:20 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Just when this site was starting to bore me to tears, a couple of interesting threads are started!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:22 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmmmm....I'd give myself a 5. I'm not hideous...Nor so hot...I would even want myself....But us average women aren't all angry and emotionally unstable. I am friends with some pretty damn hot chicks. And one is bi-polar. One was unwanted by her real mom then was adopted by an alcoholic. So you really need to look at each women for what they are and why.
I'll second that.

I've noticed that average looking women develop other qualities that are respected by women and men. Very attractive women/girls can be catty and gossip about others.

It's been quite some time since I based friendship on looks. My mother was very clear about looks being less important than character and she was right.

As for men--kindness, courtesy and integrity transform average men into princes.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:23 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That has not been my experience. The best friendships I have had with women, are with women I am not attracted to, in fact I do not think I have ever been platonic friends with a girl was physically attracted to. In my experience, there is an entire level of awkwardness and drama that comes with even trying to befriend someone I am physically attracted to that makes it impossible and the OP's last sentence is the entire root of this problem.

"But on the bright side as long as you don't act like a lovesick puppy around them they'll make a guy an excellent friend and perhaps more."

If someone is socially compatible and is physically attractive there is almost always going to be a push for "perhaps more" and if they do not want "perhaps more" it will often ruin the relationship after much drama and fanfare.

Fantastic post. The best friendships are ones without any physical attraction.

I am quite weary of these threads though where a question is proposed, but yet the OP already defines his version of the answer as if it is the almighty truth.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:24 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,903,762 times
They aren't. Its just that you're more willing to put up with crap from a 'good-looking woman' than an 'average-looking woman'.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Fair enough. But I think I'm going to have to leave that to other guys.
Ok...suit yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships