Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM

421 posts, read 681,722 times

Advertisements

OP, if guys look down after they stare at you that means that they either flirting or they like you but lack the confidence to approach you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 04:58 PM

943 posts, read 1,009,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Haha.....um.....nevermind.

So yes OP ask any men out?
Well, NO I haven't asked any men out, but in my defense, consider my work schedule, please...I will have some opportunties this coming week, I was thinking of asking a friend to come along, for moral support yah know...the more days that go by, the more nervous about it I get, you guys are making me nervous, cut it out.
Yesterday I started to talk to a guy in the store, I just turned around and opened my mouth with a smile, and he sort of darted away with a nervous look on his face!
So, does that count ?

Old 02-21-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
OP, if guys look down after they stare at you that means that they either flirting or they like you but lack the confidence to approach you.
I was thinking of starting off with a genuine compliment, and then if they are willing to talk for a minute, just ask general questions, and be friendly.
I don't plan on at any point making this a platform of picking someone up...its just to put myself out there, and see what its like to even get to the part where you might exchange numbers or something pleasant.

Oh, and about the comment about their confidence, I agree, I have certainly felt that way myself a few times, thats why I'm doing it...because I no longer want to be waiting like a shrinking violet for someone to approach me when obviously they were checking me out.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:06 PM

102,602 posts, read 109,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I was thinking of starting off with a genuine compliment,
I LOVE colorful ties! I'll compliment a stranger on his tie just for the heck of it. More people should commit random acts of kindness and give out sincere, no-strings-attached compliments. They're a day-brightener.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:17 PM

I agree Ruth...I think myself and a lot of other people are afraid of making just simple comments because things can get misinterpreted and lot of other things...but, I won't let myself get burnt by it - if it does get rejected, I'll just keep on movin.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:51 PM

102,602 posts, read 109,539,296 times
Quote:
I agree Ruth...I think myself and a lot of other people are afraid of making just simple comments because things can get misinterpreted and lot of other things...but, I won't let myself get burnt by it - if it does get rejected, I'll just keep on movin.
It's all in how you do it. No one's ever taken it to be a come-on when I've given a compliment. Not too much eye contact, friendly smile (no sexual overtones), posture like I'm saying it in passing, like I'm walking by, not fully stopped in front of the person face-to-face. Very casual, just kinda light-hearted. Never had a problem. But then, I don't have a "hot" appearance, that might cause a guy to get the wrong idea. I'm not that type.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,194,455 times
Quote:
Well, NO I haven't asked any men out, but in my defense, consider my work schedule, please...I will have some opportunties this coming week, I was thinking of asking a friend to come along, for moral support yah know...the more days that go by, the more nervous about it I get, you guys are making me nervous, cut it out.
Yesterday I started to talk to a guy in the store, I just turned around and opened my mouth with a smile, and he sort of darted away with a nervous look on his face!
So, does that count ?
Haha that counts.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:45 PM

818 posts, read 925,146 times
OP you need to video your whole experiment and post them here. It should be interesting.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:11 AM

33,012 posts, read 27,732,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Men flock only around the top 15-20% of women. Most of the rest are invisible. Don't kid yourself.

I enjoy being a contrarian, so I never flock around the top 15-20% of women; I tend to flock around the 50-75% range. Currently I'm having fun at (approximately) the top 30% level, so I might adjust my sights higher.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:21 AM

52,802 posts, read 53,393,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Men flock only around the top 15-20% of women. Most of the rest are invisible. Don't kid yourself.

Horsepucky.... it was a phrase my mom like to say.

I always like women that weren't that typical range that you talk about, plenty of men are like me.... not all men follow the stupid flock in terms of the same old same old in terms of "the hot chick"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships