Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,841,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Felson View Post
how is having a big enough set to walk away insecure?

so since the woman kept the lie going for years the man shouldn't have a choice in the matter?

how about whenever a woman has a baby we put our all our names in a hat and whoever gets picked is the daddy, is that what you want?
I'm not saying anything about walking away from a lying woman, but I definitely question your set if you walk away from a kid that knows you as father and I don't need to question whether you know what you're talking about if you think that it would be so easy.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,841,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Please. Sharing genetic information IS important for SOME people. It's not something that a woman should get to decide for her partner. Yeah it's TOTALLY the guys fault. I like how you fail to mention how "reprehensible" that the REAL FATHER is not (and may not have had the opportunity to) be involved because of the slag mom. Again, how is that the guys fault?

Sharing genetic information is important to me too, I can understand that. I think what many are failing to understand is that it does not bear on the relationship that develops between a father and his children and that the commitment to your kids would remain if you were unfortunate enough to learn that they were not yours biologically.

If you think you could just extinguish your relationship and walk away you're far more reprehensible than an absentee sperm donor.

Why do you think I'm placing any fault on a guy who gets bad news from a paternity test? It's not his fault at all.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:04 AM

723 posts, read 2,197,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Sharing genetic information is important to me too, I can understand that. I think what many are failing to understand is that it does not bear on the relationship that develops between a father and his children and that the commitment to your kids would remain if you were unfortunate enough to learn that they were not yours biologically.
Look I said it earlier, I dunno (in relation to the OP) what I would do if I found out that my child wasn't mine. The wife would be gone in a heartbeat, but would I leave the child? It depends. Maybe, maybe not. How bad is the heartache. Could I wake up every morning knowing that my little sunshine is the result of a tryst between the love of my life and some random joe? I highly doubt it. I'd want to move as far away from the situation as possible.It's a commitment based on a lie. The choice to continue that commitment is mine and mine alone.

Quote:
If you think you could just extinguish your relationship and walk away you're far more reprehensible than an absentee sperm donor.
I agree. I don't think it is the BEST or ONLY option, however the courts in this country have forced the hand of false paternity. They do not give fathers a choice. If they want to absolve themselves of responsibility (because it was based on a false premise, and yes, telling me that the child is mine when it isn't is a false premise), they have to end the relationship with the child immediately or be responsible for years and years of support. How fair is it that you have to pay thousands of dollars for someone else's kid based on a lie?

Quote:

Why do you think I'm placing any fault on a guy who gets bad news from a paternity test? It's not his fault at all.
Obviously this is the case if you feel that it's his responsibility to continue a relationship based on a lie. Around the age of 16-18 a guy will know whether or not he is capable of caring for someone else's child (whether it be by adoption, step parenting, false paternity). Saying "any guy who leaves sucks" is placing the blame on the father. Why not say, "any woman who causes such a ripple in the family and whose lied to so many people" when that's the crux of the issue?

It's not as if there is a certain amount of time that one spends with the child where anything that happens in the relationship is automatically forgiven-as in on the kids 10th birthday the father says "well, regardless of if you're mine or not, i'll always love you. but not a day before!" (which is alluding to the whole "bonding" thing). People take this kind of thing different. Some won't care, some will be angry, some will be pissed off beyond belief. There is no socially acceptable reaction to this type of issue that won't injure some party greatly than the other, but the fact that the father is the default injured in this type of transaction is garbage.

Last edited by Xeon1210; 02-10-2012 at 11:13 AM..

Old 12-28-2012, 02:56 PM

491 posts, read 571,431 times
qs" If a woman cheats on her husband and has a baby with another man he needs to be a man and forgive her and take care of the child. No matter how many times it happens a REAL man should be able to put up with her maybe she just likes having fun on the side. And what if you never find out? No harm no foul. You raised a child with her. After all it's not like she loves any of the men she had kids with. She loves you so much she wouldn't give the other men your honorable duties."es

Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
qs" If a woman cheats on her husband and has a baby with another man he needs to be a man and forgive her and take care of the child.

After all it's not like she loves any of the men she had kids with. She loves you so much she wouldn't give the other men your honorable duties."es
Please tell me this is a joke.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Please tell me this is a joke.
I noticed you didn't quote the entire statement. I guess you agree a man should forgive no matter how many times it happens

Old 12-28-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I noticed you didn't quote the entire statement. I guess you agree a man should forgive no matter how many times it happens
Uhh...ok...

Quote:
qs" If a woman cheats on her husband and has a baby with another man he needs to be a man and forgive her and take care of the child. No matter how many times it happens a REAL man should be able to put up with her maybe she just likes having fun on the side. And what if you never find out? No harm no foul. You raised a child with her. After all it's not like she loves any of the men she had kids with. She loves you so much she wouldn't give the other men your honorable duties."es
Edit: Please tell me this entire post of yours is a joke. You put no blame on the Woman for being a slag and think that it somehow benefits a man to raise a child that his wife had in an affair, and if he doesn't then he's not a REAL man?

Pass me some of whatever you're smoking.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 PM

qs" How it her fault she got pregnant? He came inside of her. And maybe if he showed more love and affection and treated her like she is equal to a man she wouldn't be forced to cheat. Actually women don't cheat they're just need a little love which sometimes involves a child which her husband should be proud of. If he doesn't find out who cares? Men should trust women completely"es

Old 12-28-2012, 03:33 PM

lol ok i'll return to this thread when there is some serious discussion going.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:36 PM

qs" What? If men can't trust women 100% then leave them alone to find men who will. Almost all women have been hurt by men in the past so they have plenty of reasons to distrust men."es
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships