Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 03:12 AM

428 posts, read 475,863 times

Advertisements

Just see the divorce rates and the lose-lose situation for men after divorce.
Its certain that you would lose your half property, hard earned money and your kids.
You have to pay .
1) Alimony
2) Child support

I mean this marriage contract is created to favor women in every possible way. And what if the child is not your's ?
What if you are paying child support for someone's else kid ?
More than 30 % of the men are paying child support for someone else kid's.
So i think every men should get a PRENUP and PATERNITY TEST after having kids. Marriage contract is a scam for men.

Why would any men want to get married anyway ?

Old 08-03-2013, 04:40 AM

89 posts, read 131,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
It's not like women are forcing men to marry. Men are the ones who propose, so obviously men do want to get married... more so than women.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:55 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,545,203 times
Let us know how this works out for you.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:21 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,090,252 times
Quote:
Its certain that you would lose your half property, hard earned money and your kids.
You have to pay .

If my husband and divorced he would not lose half of HIS property...it's OUR property and it would be divided 50/50.

If you don't want to get married, then don't. Who is holding a gun to your head?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:24 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,038,446 times
New member, posting just like another new member, on the same topics, which are beaten to death and tend to be inflamatory.

Not sure I want to keep feeding this one.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:41 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,080,955 times
Quote:
You have to pay .
1) Alimony
2) Child support

I mean this marriage contract is created to favor women in every possible way. And what if the child is not your's ?
So i think every men should get a PRENUP and PATERNITY TEST after having kids. Marriage contract is a scam for men.

Prenups have nothing to do with that. If you start talking about alimony or child support it can easily be voided in court. And if you cannot trust her to not cheat on you with another man, to get a child with him instead, then you probably shouldn't get married at all.

Also, you don't lose any of your money. The money you earn in your marriage is not yours. It is martial assets who is owned by both. The exception to this is UK where all assets are shared, and it is normally shared in favour of the woman. Before you complain you should remember the laws could have been like in the UK. If I lived in the UK I would not get married.

There is one case I would get paternity test and that is if I get the "oops, I got pregnant" case. But apart from that if you plan to get kids at a certain time, then you should trust her that the child is yours.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,630,476 times
1. people are opting out of marriage or any obligation towards each other anyways, it's just the state that tries to impose more and more "common laws" or "marriages under different name". If you want to know, fighting the introduction of common law marriage is the most crucial thing, not prenuptial agreement itself, which can be overturned in most cases.
2. paternity testing should be done by the father as an obligatory thing. You may have no courage to say this with your other nickname and you chose to open up a new thread, but that's just it. Paternity testing should be mandatory by law for the benefit of everyone, but the state rather sees the benefit for trapping any guy to pay unknowingly for someone else's children. You should rather push for mandatory testing at birth, since it would stop this practice.

Most new couples will rather have mutual benefit for having a child out of wedlock anyways. They can claim all the benefits that the single mother would get (and those are numerous) while living as de-facto married couple. A child that is born will not be automatically assumed to be the guy's child and he'll have to agree to it. He will also do the test secretly and the results are there at the guy's disposal within a few days max. They can also repeat the test if something went wrong. This way the father can automatically fight the fraud even if he signed the papers a few days before that, and walk away safely. The rest is the concern of the parties who did the mess and he shouldn't be the victim because it's convenient for the mother or the state to ruin his life.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Don't forget to run a credit and background check also.

Actually anyone male or female with previous kids and a decent amount of assets should have a Pre-Nup.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:07 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,308,274 times
I would never get married without a prenup. I also don't plan on having kids. So a man asking for a paternity test isn't an issue.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:13 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,800,760 times
Quote:
You have to pay .
1) Alimony
2) Child support

You people crack me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.