Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt George View Post
Maybe I'll get him out of hiding when I get there?
Oh he gets out fishing a lot, but we haven't seen him in forever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,004,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Yeah! I don't think he really moved here - I believe he's a waiter in Naabraaska, and the only seafood he sees is prebreaded frozen shrimp. Actually, I don't think he has a phone, and he can't drink more than one small glass of beer with anyone - he probably has to sneak off in the corn field to drink it, cuz his wife (if he actually is married) will nag him incessantly for being sooo embarrassing because of how his 3 sentence vocabulary breaks down to one word - whaaa . . .

Even worse!!! I'm beginning to believe all his photos have been sent to him by Messing About! LOL
OMG, you're funny. Pat's gonna come over and kick your a$$ haha

Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,778,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Even worse!!! I'm beginning to believe all his photos have been sent to him by Messing About! LOL
Hey!!! I resemble that remark.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 AM

4 posts, read 5,079 times
Are any of you fisherpersons concerned about contaminaion from the BP oil spill? I saw a news report recently that warned of fish in the gulf with sores and other maladies. And swimmers with rashes and sludge in the water still. And BP is no longer involved with any clean-up efforts. Any first hand info would be appreciated.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:56 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averagetom View Post
Are any of you fisherpersons concerned about contaminaion from the BP oil spill? I saw a news report recently that warned of fish in the gulf with sores and other maladies. And swimmers with rashes and sludge in the water still. And BP is no longer involved with any clean-up efforts. Any first hand info would be appreciated.

I fish all the time and did continually through the oil spill, and have since. We have seen no signs of any oil here, nor any of the issues you state. I catch fish weekly and all appear completely healthy. I have no doubts that there are problems in places, and it was an economic hardship throughout - including here where many tourists cancelled or postponed their visits (having impacts on virtually all businesses here). Other places closer to the spill have and will have issues - things will eventually recover. There was a bigger spill not reported much off the cost of Mexico, and things have fully recovered since that one.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:26 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,027,614 times
I have not seen sores or other maladies on any of the hundreds or maybe 1000's of fish we've caught since the spill.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:38 PM

403 posts, read 935,973 times
My husband is down in Englewood exploring the beaches and stumbled across this. What the bejezus is this?! And are there a lot of these in the ocean? I don't think I can ever step foot in the ocean again. Isn't anyone responsible for hauling it away?

Fishing Charlotte Harbor Area-utf-8-b-rg93bmxvywqznklnrzk1nzizmi5qcgc-.jpeg

Old 04-24-2012, 02:48 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,374,769 times
Looks like a dead fish!

The tide will take it away!!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:49 PM

403 posts, read 935,973 times
I didn't know fish that big existed.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,778,590 times
Hey gang...a co-worker and friend of my wife suddenly lost her husband to a heart attack.
The surviving wife is have a big yard sale on Friday/Saturday that will feature a 12' skiff with 25hp Tohatsu motor and trailer; lots of rods/reels & gear; tons of power tools and even commercial landscape equipment. If anyone is interested, there will be an add in the Thursday Charlotte Sun and also on craigslist. The location is off of Edgewater and 41. If you are looking for gear, you might check it out and help her out. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte