Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 05:36 AM

463 posts, read 866,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
I am so ...stoked? Really happy, don't know what they call it these days...

I bought an experimental aircraft....will now be flying over the harbor looking for fish. Not kidding, will post pics.

That wasn't you out over the harbor doing all the stunts yesterday was it?
Cool black plane doing all kinds of loops and rolls and stalls. He was right over us . Fishing was tough the last two days. We were every where from the Myakka to the gulf. Caught a little of everything just slow bites and small fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 07:08 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,137 times
Quote:
I am so ...stoked? Really happy, don't know what they call it these days...

I bought an experimental aircraft....will now be flying over the harbor looking for fish. Not kidding, will post pics.
What did you buy? My hubby did builders assistance for the RV's and has an extensive aviation background. He's built many many experimentals. In his younger days before working for Northrup he was on the Reno air race team. He built **** Red and Tsanami. When he retired from Northrup he opened his own builders assistance business in PA. We had a great time helping all those guys.

Last edited by nphomeowner; 03-16-2012 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: LOL the *** must have edited out. Italian??

Old 03-18-2012, 11:46 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,025,654 times
pcozad1, Nah wasn't me. Need to make the thing airworthy first.

nphomeowner, It's just a paramotor (powered paraglider). I have no aviation experience (except R/C) so I'm starting slowly. I hear they are the safest way to kill yourself....I mean fly.

Still waiting on my boat motor parts........

Old 03-19-2012, 03:10 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,137 times
Small world, my hubby is into R/C also. He's a member of the Charlotte County R/C club.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:48 AM

1,721 posts, read 2,785,732 times
I boated and fished out of stump
Pass trolling the. Eschew and reefs for the past seven years I bought a canal house in p. 2010 and had to sell my. Ost sue to a bridge I have to get under so after a strike shortly after moving I finally have my small boat I got ready to fish and got some. We gear I just have to learn all the stops and holes. Is in the harbor

Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,025,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Small world, my hubby is into R/C also. He's a member of the Charlotte County R/C club.
Wish I still had my planes, decided to sell them rather than risk breaking them on the move down here 3 years ago...

Old 03-19-2012, 11:59 PM

22 posts, read 45,977 times
Default Fishing Boat

We live in Alaska but are considering a move to Florida. My husband fishes for halibut and salmon up here in his 25 ft. aluminum boat with a hardtop and twin 115 (I think) Yamaha 4-stroke motors. We were in Florida in January and saw only fiberglass boats. My husband literally loves this boat for ocean fishing and would want to take it to Florida, but I'm thinking there must be some reason we saw no aluminum ocean-going boats. Is it just the way they look, or some other reason. Also, this is my first post, so I'm not even sure I'm doing it right. Thanks for any info

Old 03-20-2012, 05:21 AM

463 posts, read 866,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adn222 View Post
We live in Alaska but are considering a move to Florida. My husband fishes for halibut and salmon up here in his 25 ft. aluminum boat with a hardtop and twin 115 (I think) Yamaha 4-stroke motors. We were in Florida in January and saw only fiberglass boats. My husband literally loves this boat for ocean fishing and would want to take it to Florida, but I'm thinking there must be some reason we saw no aluminum ocean-going boats. Is it just the way they look, or some other reason. Also, this is my first post, so I'm not even sure I'm doing it right. Thanks for any info
Aluminum is just not popular down here but there is not any reason he can't bring that boat here.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 AM

14 posts, read 30,113 times
Quote:
If you need a mechanic on board and some help I'll be glad to chip in for the ride
The boat is in great shape, I just need an offshore radio, I currently have a hand held with limited range. I also need to find a way to install a second starting battery. I may have to move them to under the console where my trolling motor batteries are located. I only have one for starting and it is also used for the accessories, ie .....pumps, livewell, lights etc......I don't want to be out there and end up with a dead battery. Been there before, luckily I was inside the PGI's and was able to use my trolling motor to get me back to the Ponce de Leon area where I met seatow for a jump. That jump would have cost me $420.00 if I didn't have the membership. I tried using one of my trolling batteries to get it started, but not enough amps.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM

14 posts, read 30,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
Hey guys, been a while since I've been on here and just wondering if any of you guys are catching any Reds of any size right now?
Yes they are around.......West and East walls.....Have to work for them, but they are there. I also hear Pirate Harbor area doing well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte