Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times

Advertisements

My son & I anchored at marker 1 this afternoon. Got 5 spanish macks right away, then things turned off. Maybe the black tip shrk that cruised by chased all the fish off (?). Went over to the 22ft hole and bounced a live pinfish off the bottom. One nibble. Then my 3yr old wanted to "go fast" again, so we took off and headed home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 02:44 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
Let's see if this works
That's a louisiana redfish right there! How did it taste?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 AM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
That's a louisiana redfish right there! How did it taste?
Like Rodney Allen Rippey used to say IT To Bigga eat.
Nothing over 27" can be kept here.We caught four over the limit and a bunch under nothing made it home but my wife is still smilling and ready to go again.Been fishing here for around three years( first time out was with Harbor Hopper and Big House) and this is the first over sized reds we have caught.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:51 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
ill be glad to get back out
down now repowering and adding a trolling motor

Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 AM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
I want a trolling motor so bad. My problem is the bow rail would need to be cut out for the room I need to mount it. I would hate to have it look messed up plus its one more thing to get in the way. I thought about a transom mount but I know I would fight it all the time trying to push a boat especially in the wind is alot harder than pulling.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing Charlotte Harbor Area-boat-13.jpg  

Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Like Rodney Allen Rippey used to say IT To Bigga eat.
Nothing over 27" can be kept here.We caught four over the limit and a bunch under nothing made it home but my wife is still smilling and ready to go again.Been fishing here for around three years( first time out was with Harbor Hopper and Big House) and this is the first over sized reds we have caught.
It's been too long Pat!! We gotta go out again. I owe MA a trip out on my boat. I know your free mid week sometimes - I'll call you soon - if you DM me your number.

Oh, a friend of mine had dinner at your restaurant the other day. He was telling us a story about how great this place was where he went for dinner with his family, and he was like you'll never guess where it was. He told me all about what they each had, and how great it was, and that we should all go back. (turns out I've had lunch there several times). In the end, he told me it was BPS (and I told him my friend manages the place)!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:46 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
@BH...who says alcohol kills brain cells. You remember!

Old 05-07-2013, 05:02 PM

700 posts, read 1,819,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
Mike, boat looks great!!!!! What a shine! I see you now have a trolling motor. Replacement O/B looks new!!! Boat looks brand new! Hope to see you out there! You work fast!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:34 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
chris I found a good 2001 200 merc not new but newer then the evinrude went to te east coast to get it ive got a little more wiring to do tach ect and install batteries and a chargrt for the minkota

Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
Quote:
I want a trolling motor so bad. My problem is the bow rail would need to be cut out for the room I need to mount it. I would hate to have it look messed up plus its one more thing to get in the way. I thought about a transom mount but I know I would fight it all the time trying to push a boat especially in the wind is alot harder than pulling.
I've used my trusty old 55lb transom mount MinnKota on many boats where a bow mount was a tough fit. Much much much better than nothing. It maneuvers easier than you think...but you'll have to fish from the back. It has saved me many times just being able to point the bow into a huge wake without firing up the outboard while drifting. It has gotten me home 5 miles after an outboard problem a few times. I've even mounted it on the front of pontoon and deckboats thanks to it's 52" shaft and handle that easily reverses to the rear.

The good thing about them is they are cheap, about $200 for a 55lb. I've had mine for 15 years and have used it on at least 50 different boats, including friends boats and broken down boats that I just bought and needed to get back to a ramp. They remove in seconds and don't have to be hard-wired. Mine is not even a saltwater model..they cost much more and I don't find it necessary if taken care of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte