Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,255,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i would like you to stop signing for stuff and start paying for stuff.
i would like you to stop invading countries that did nothing to you.
i would like you to stop labor busting, 21 million illegals looking for work, our government does not know how they got here nor where they work, know anything about that?
Sounds Mostly conservative view points
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
OK, I'll call your bluff, WHAT would be your perfect world?

NB: Some asinine drivel about a world free of Kool-Aid drinkers will only prove it to be you who cannot focus in your own little shadow.
I would be happy to answer that if you would like to start it.
But does my stance on the death penalty and gay marriage allow me to answer as a conservative?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
What will it take for you to shut up and admit that the majority of this country voted for change? When you will quit attacking the majority who wanted change? (I'm just using your words in your last sentence).

I can understand discussion in order to solve problems and create solutions, but you (in general) don't want to discuss anything; you (in general) simply don't want Obama as President. Maybe if you (in general) just admit that, everything else will become clear to you. It is very clear to me that this is what it is all about. Why not just cut to the chase and admit that and set yourself free. This goes for all the Obama haters.

The man has been hated since election night and the hate has been turned up umpteenth notches since Inauguration day and it has not let up. So, don't say that it's about "what he's doing." He was hated before he did anything at all. The only thing that he did that riled the right-wing up is that he was elected instead of McCain/Palin and because of that, we have to listen the crying, whining, and sky is falling every single day, over and over and over and over and over again. Listen, McCain/Palin are NOT going to be in office this four years no matter how much you (in general) cry and throw yourself on the floor. I don't know how else to put it. This is how our Democratic process in this country works. For those of us who didn't vote for Bush the last two terms, we still lived here and lived through it and now someone else is in office and life is still going on.

And as far as how we're going to pay for it, I don't know. How do we finance the war in Iraq, how do we finance the massive banking bail-out, how do we finance corporate tax breaks, how do we finance tax cuts for the very rich? I don't know, yet it's being done. When it comes to private citizens asking for a little of their tax money to be used for their plight, then suddenly, it's all about how we can't afford it. Don't you find that a bit disturbing? I know that I do.
So rather than answer he on what you would like to see you tell her to shut up.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:36 AM

38,759 posts, read 22,552,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Judging by the answers you just know they are all probably 36 going on 12 and still living with mommy and daddy.

What they want is for someone to wipe their azz from cradle to grave, without the hinderance of personal responsibility.
They believe the majority of people are unable to function, or make decisions on their own, and are only capable of playing computer games, or enjoying their leisure time, and the federal government should take care of all their bothersome grownup responsibilities for them. They truly believe that all answers and all solutions come from total federal government control of our lives. Think Soviet Union with a higher standard of living.

Those people who are able to make decisions and function w/o government, are simply winners in life's lottery, and should be overtaxed to pay for the rest of the unfortunate masses.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,275,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Yes, there are a couple righties on here who don't resort immediately to insults. Then you've got the ones who can't seem to help themselves. And it's weird, because almost every post of theirs is just childish rambling & insults w/nothing in between. And when you question them about it, they either ignore you completely or just reiterate the rambling they just did previously. I think you know who I'm talking about.
I know - and there are a lot more of them than there are of the smart ones.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Seriously, was my paragraph to long for you to understand? Give me a break. If that's the only problem then I'm happy.
It just makes it hard to read a huge block of text.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They believe the majority of people are unable to function, or make decisions on their own, and are only capable of playing computer games, or enjoying their leisure time, and the federal government should take care of all their bothersome grownup responsibilities for them. They truly believe that all answers and all solutions come from total federal government control of our lives. Think Soviet Union with a higher standard of living.

Those people who are able to make decisions and function w/o government, are simply winners in life's lottery, and should be overtaxed to pay for the rest of the unfortunate masses.
This is a cherished right wing fantasy, but it's really not true of most left wing people. You all seem to have never gotten past 1996, when welfare was sharply cut back.

These welfare people you're constantly fretting about, I dont think they're a very large population of the country, and I doubt many of them even vote (or can vote, if they've been convicted of a felony). And I do have to say -- I think a lot of these complainers on here have black welfare recipients in mind -- not the many, many white ones.

Obama carried the richest, best educated sections of the country in November -- still does in fact.

So really, you're going to have to do a little thinking to get a better generalization of "left wingers" or "Obama supporters."

Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Were you complaining when Bush and the Republican congress were spending money left and right and running up the deficit?
Hell yes!

I think Bush was a terrible president, but 0bama is even worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Probably not, because those of your ilk (teabaggers) didn't seem care about spending until Obama came into office...how transparent. How can you expect to be taken seriously when you demonstrate that kind of hypocrisy?
You classify me like this, simply because I see that there should be some stopping point to raising taxes???? Raising the tax burden on people to fund never ending failures by big government is not the only answer in life.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I am just wondering what all of you Left Wingers really want? What is your perfect world? What is the final plan? AND just how much should taxes be to pay for all your "dream programs"? or how do you think it will all be paid for?

I sit and watch all the name calling and the bitterness and passion you people have for this cause. OK so lay the cards out...what is it that you want and who should pay for it. What will it take for all of you to just shut up, be happy and quit attacking?
Jenny,you have posted many attack threads and attacked individual posters quite a bit. Why are you "misleading" yourself?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is a cherished right wing fantasy, but it's really not true of most left wing people. You all seem to have never gotten past 1996, when welfare was sharply cut back.

These welfare people you're constantly fretting about, I dont think they're a very large population of the country, and I doubt many of them even vote (or can vote, if they've been convicted of a felony). And I do have to say -- I think a lot of these complainers on here have black welfare recipients in mind -- not the many, many white ones.

Obama carried the richest, best educated sections of the country in November -- still does in fact.

So really, you're going to have to do a little thinking to get a better generalization of "left wingers" or "Obama supporters."
Polls have been showing your 0bama supporters are dropping like flies. They wanted change from Bush, they were tired of the war, unhappy with his big, oppressive government, and his incompetence and deceitful practices, and they see that 0bama is even worse, on all counts.

I have never met a left-wing person who did not agree that the answer to every problem could be resolved with a new bloated program run by the federal government, and funded by increased taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies