Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,355,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I am just wondering what all of you Left Wingers really want? What is your perfect world? What is the final plan? AND just how much should taxes be to pay for all your "dream programs"? or how do you think it will all be paid for?

I sit and watch all the name calling and the bitterness and passion you people have for this cause. OK so lay the cards out...what is it that you want and who should pay for it. What will it take for all of you to just shut up, be happy and quit attacking?
I find it interesting that you are totally blind to the copious name calling and bitterness that emanates from your side of the aisle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 AM

61,255 posts, read 87,638,082 times
i would like you to stop signing for stuff and start paying for stuff.
i would like you to stop invading countries that did nothing to you.
i would like you to stop labor busting, 21 million illegals looking for work, our government does not know how they got here nor where they work, know anything about that?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,777,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
All you right wingers do, is snivel about taxes. Your opposition to most ideas comes from one basic thing, you might have to fork over some taxes. Talk about greed.

Well, we all have to pay taxes. In fact, my property taxes are almost due and though I can afford it, I'm going to take a hit...but the difference between myself and those on the right, is even though I'm paying taxes for services I don't even use, such as public schools, I'm happy to do it because I know it helps out many of my fellow citizens and it's for the greater good.

To put it in a nutshell, the left cares about their fellow Americans, the right cares about themselves..
You should have stayed on vacation, Uppy, as your discourse is as vague as it ever was. Talk about stupidity, naivity, and dullness.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:00 AM

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
I am just wondering what all of you Left Wingers really want? What is your perfect world? What is the final plan? AND just how much should taxes be to pay for all your "dream programs"? or how do you think it will all be paid for?

I sit and watch all the name calling and the bitterness and passion you people have for this cause. OK so lay the cards out...what is it that you want and who should pay for it. What will it take for all of you to just shut up, be happy and quit attacking?
Castro's Cuba, but w/o all the hurricanes?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,361,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i would like you to stop signing for stuff and start paying for stuff.
i would like you to stop invading countries that did nothing to you.
i would like you to stop labor busting, 21 million illegals looking for work, our government does not know how they got here nor where they work, know anything about that?
Succinct and reasonable.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 AM

68,379 posts, read 54,619,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You probably will not get a serious answer. because their perfect world is only a shadow in which they can not focus or define.
OK, I'll call your bluff, WHAT would be your perfect world?

NB: Some asinine drivel about a world free of Kool-Aid drinkers will only prove it to be you who cannot focus in your own little shadow.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,599,761 times
Well OP, if that isn't just the pot calling the kettle black. I would like gay marriage to be legal in all states. You people on the right keep harping about how it's not a big issue, so why spend so much time on it. That's right, if it's not a big issue, then you shouldn't have a problem w/it getting passed. I would like to see our military get out of countries where we are there strictly for political reasons & start helping out countries that truly need it. I would like to start seeing people do their part, any little bit helps, in helping the environment. I'm tired of people who gripe about the littlest things. Is it really that hard to recycle, reduce, reuse? I want healthcare for all. For those against it, something is very wrong w/you. I would like to see less development & urban sprawl, more building up & preservation of habitats. As far as taxes go...there's only 2 things guaranteed in life: death & taxes. I have no economic solution because..well, I'm not an economist. I would like the religious people to worry about their own churches, not what people on the outside are doing. I would like politicians to stop being swayed by corporations & the religious right. Start thinking for themselves. I would like the right to take a bit of their own advice & stay out of people's business. You're for smaller government, but only in terms of money. I've never understood that, when it comes to social issues, the right have their nose smack up in people's butts. Talk about hypocritical. You want small government, then own up to it in ALL aspects, not just the ones that end up w/ money in your pocket.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM

38,558 posts, read 22,429,512 times
Quote:
All you right wingers do, is snivel about taxes. Your opposition to most ideas comes from one basic thing, you might have to fork over some taxes. Talk about greed.
And if 0bama and Pelosi represent your views, then the single answer to every perceived problem is increased government control, and massive federal programs funded with trillions of dollars of taxpayer money.

Quote:
Well, we all have to pay taxes. In fact, my property taxes are almost due and though I can afford it, I'm going to take a hit...but the difference between myself and those on the right, is even though I'm paying taxes for services I don't even use, such as public schools, I'm happy to do it because I know it helps out many of my fellow citizens and it's for the greater good.

To put it in a nutshell, the left cares about their fellow Americans, the right cares about themselves..
We do not have a problem with collecting taxes for essential government programs, but we do believe there should be a stopping point. When people are paying out 40% of their income in state, federal and local taxes, only a liberal calls them greedy when they complain about a $9 trillion deficit because they feel they are being overtaxed.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,996,503 times
Quote:

JennySquirrel,
Do you really expect a valid, sincere, civil response from the Left when your tone is so contemptious and your questions full of sarcasm? If this is a serious inquiry looking for meaningful answers and thoughtful dialogue than you need to speak like an adult and exercise some civility and respect.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,453,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
You should have stayed on vacation, Uppy, as your discourse is as vague as it ever was. Talk about stupidity, naivity, and dullness.
The right, rednecks down in Texas particularly, are for the most part the more selfish of the two competing ideologies. I think that's pretty obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies