Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:14 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,305,691 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering what all of you Left Wingers really want? What is your perfect world? What is the final plan? AND just how much should taxes be to pay for all your "dream programs"? or how do you think it will all be paid for?

I sit and watch all the name calling and the bitterness and passion you people have for this cause. OK so lay the cards out...what is it that you want and who should pay for it. What will it take for all of you to just shut up, be happy and quit attacking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 08:16 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,577,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I am just wondering what all of you Left Wingers really want? What is your perfect world? What is the final plan? AND just how much should taxes be to pay for all your "dream programs"? or how do you think it will all be paid for?

I sit and watch all the name calling and the bitterness and passion you people have for this cause. OK so lay the cards out...what is it that you want and who should pay for it. What will it take for all of you to just shut up and be happy and quit attacking?

I will be happy when all who supported George W. Bush and still listen and give credibility to Dick Cheney will take up charitable liberals offer to relocate to North Korea. One free plane ticket will be provided to you

Old 09-03-2009, 08:18 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,268,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I will be happy when all who supported George W. Bush and still listen and give credibility to Dick Cheney will take up charitable liberals offer to relocate to North Korea. One free plane ticket will be provided to you
I think you are one of those that the OP is referring to..

Old 09-03-2009, 08:19 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,577,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I think you are one of those that the OP is referring to..
Well, then its appropriate I answered, isnt it?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,244,848 times
Quote:

I sit and watch all the name calling and the bitterness and passion you people have for this cause. OK so lay the cards out...what is it that you want and who should pay for it. What will it take for all of you to just shut up, be happy and quit attacking?
You probably will not get a serious answer. because their perfect world is only a shadow in which they can not focus or define.
The liberals that will respond will do so with venom and stupidity as we have already seen.
For a liberla to have a perfect world he/she must have a conservative to hate and spew their hate to

Old 09-03-2009, 08:27 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,174,812 times
Very noble question Jenny. Unfortunately, you will not get any noble answers.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:46 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,449,817 times
Quote:

All you right wingers do, is snivel about taxes. Your opposition to most ideas comes from one basic thing, you might have to fork over some taxes. Talk about greed.

Well, we all have to pay taxes. In fact, my property taxes are almost due and though I can afford it, I'm going to take a hit...but the difference between myself and those on the right, is even though I'm paying taxes for services I don't even use, such as public schools, I'm happy to do it because I know it helps out many of my fellow citizens and it's for the greater good.

To put it in a nutshell, the left cares about their fellow Americans, the right cares about themselves..

Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,756,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Very noble question Jenny. Unfortunately, you will not get any noble answers.
How is it a 'noble' question? Jenny has earplugs in when it comes to who is really doing the attacking.
What do I, as someone on the 'left' want? Fairness, understanding and some little acknowledgement that a humane country does not let some large proportion of its citizens suffer needlessly when there are alternatives. I would also like some little recognition of the fact that some huge proportion of the population suffers from 'I got mine, now get lost' syndrome but scream the loudest when it looks like someone else is gonna get 'some.'
What do you consider 'dream programs' OP? Medicare, SCHip, free public education, voluntary military service?
24/7 police and fire protection? The 'best' healthcare system in the free world?
What would you have denied the populace of earlier generations? No workplace safety laws? Ever heard of the Triangle Fire? No food inspections? Any idea how many people died from trichinosis? No vaccinations? Know anyone who suffered with polio?
Which of these would you have voted against?

I don't believe that there is a 'perfect world', at least not here on this plane of existence, however, I believe that there can be a just world or at the very least one in which we handle ourselves with a little decorum and humility intead of constantly acting as if we are auditioning for a spot on 'Jerry Springer.'

Last edited by TigerLily24; 09-03-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 AM

2,736 posts, read 6,134,012 times
Quote:
I am just wondering what all of you Left Wingers really want? What is your perfect world? What is the final plan?
I'd like to see the guns off the streets.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,694,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
All you right wingers do, is snivel about taxes. Your opposition to most ideas comes from one basic thing, you might have to fork over some taxes. Talk about greed.

Well, we all have to pay taxes. In fact, my property taxes are almost due and though I can afford it, I'm going to take a hit...but the difference between myself and those on the right, is even though I'm paying taxes for services I don't even use, such as public schools, I'm happy to do it because I know it helps out many of my fellow Americans and it's for the greater good.

To put it in a nutshell, the left cares about their fellow Americans, the right cares about themselves..
I think the question was what do you want and how do you plan on paying for it. Who will pay will we all pay and how much.
That sounds like a reasonable question. Or is that something that you think most americans would have a hard time understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies