Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 01:51 PM

25,786 posts, read 17,549,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Most of the pain in the world could be avoided if the USA would stop sticking their nose in everyone's business. Why is the US in Syria now?
LOL!
You think Syrian problems have something to do with America's being there?
Have you realized America is not in Ukraine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2022, 01:57 PM

25,786 posts, read 17,549,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Syrian oil production for example is virtually non-existant starting 10 years ago. Even before that it was about 1/20th of US oil production.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/syria...e%20year%20ago.

Can you explain this whole "stealing oil" when they barely produce any?

Is the US also stealing their Penguins and Polar Bears?
I had to laugh at that.

You can't argue facts with those guys.
They are but clowns. Meaningless accusations are their makeup. I have a couple that I can still see, but only a couple.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:01 PM

13,865 posts, read 5,076,902 times
Quote:
Syrian oil production for example is virtually non-existant starting 10 years ago. Even before that it was about 1/20th of US oil production.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/syria...e%20year%20ago.

Can you explain this whole "stealing oil" when they barely produce any?

Is the US also stealing their Penguins and Polar Bears?
He also said we were stealing Syria's grain. The US exports grain to the world. The minute amounts of grain Syria produces couldn't be of interest to us.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:08 PM

13,865 posts, read 5,076,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973PINTO View Post
i may have asked before but dont remember the answer .. why is Ukraine not bombing Moscow ?
I don't believe Ukraine has the tools to bomb Moscow. Their air force is pretty nonexistent, and they don't have long-range missiles that can carry that far. They have asked for them, but NATO has declined so as to not escalate the conflict.

Maybe it's time to rethink that policy. I've said it before - if Ukraine had nukes none of this would be happening.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:09 PM

102,434 posts, read 108,813,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's a blunt lie, just like it was with Kosovo, Iraq, Libya etc.
The US is simply stealing oil and grain from Syria.
Whenever the West talks about human rights in another country, you know it is because they want to invade, cause a civil war, and/or steal its resources. It's always the same modus operandi. Human rights etc. have long become a lie-based weapon and business.
Neuling's back, everyone! Hi, Neu!

Old 10-26-2022, 02:21 PM

79,159 posts, read 61,300,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
He also said we were stealing Syria's grain. The US exports grain to the world. The minute amounts of grain Syria produces couldn't be of interest to us.
I have updated by status noting the US taking all of Syrians native Penguin population...which we then keep well oiled and grain fed.

It was the perfect plan, and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that pesky poster.

Next up, I'm going to hijack the Icelandic Lemon crop and make shoes of their crocodiles.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:22 PM
bu2

24,236 posts, read 15,070,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Reminds of a memoir I read recently written by a former North Vietnamese foot solider.
https://www.amazon.com/Red-Plateau-j...t%2C250&sr=1-1

The prevailing wisdom (or at least what I've read) is the attack on Khe Sanh was a diversion designed to draw US troops away from cities.

However, the author of the book says that wasn't true. The North's elite divisions had been sent to Khe Sanh to launch a ground assault.

However, their military leadership completely underestimated the US airpower and the North lost a staggering number of solders.
The whole Tet offensive was a disastrous military defeat for the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong. The cream of the Viet Cong was basically wiped out.

But it was a propaganda victory. That was when US support for the war started dragging. 4 years later, we left and 3 years after, the South Vietnamese army collapsed.

The Russians have already faced their Tet offensive, except it was a military defeat for them. As with us in Vietnam and the Russians and us in Afghanistan, the Russians will get tired of the war, if they don't get beaten first, as the French were in Vietnam. Controlling a large populous country with significant opposition is a very, very high cost proposition.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:30 PM

3,460 posts, read 1,845,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
The war would still be going on whether we helped them or not. They drove them back from Kiev before massive western aid came in.

Its Putin's decision that has created this and only Putin or a putsch in Moscow or a Ukrainian victory can end this.
I disagreed, Ukraine forces knew that aid was coming so they had good morale. They were simply using weapons and training they received well before the invasion. Russia under-estimated how prepared Ukraine forces have become since 2014. Bad intel on their part. There's no such thing as war by infantry anymore, if Russia wanted to obliterate Kiev he would've done so already. And he under estimated or didn't think the West would dare to get involved since they were supposed to be business partners.

This all looks badly for Europe leaders because at one point they were ready to do more oil and NG deals with Russia and I think the US decided to push Europe into a proxy war with Russia over oil again.

Iraq was about oil and now Ukraine is about oil again. When the price of oil spikes, businesses all love price hikes. When the price of oil goes down, the prices of goods and services rarely go down.

Old 10-26-2022, 02:40 PM

12,723 posts, read 7,647,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The US is simply stealing oil and grain from Syria
Hah, why not just type "I don't know what I'm talking about but have strong biases" and be done with it?

Old 10-26-2022, 02:44 PM

102,434 posts, read 108,813,048 times
Quote:
I'm puzzled as to why the Russians would think that they could attack despite being outnumbered and think things would turn out well.

Just seems like the people at the top have done a disservice to the average Russian grunt with their tactics, equipment and overall planning.
It was said, that the Defense Ministry was overly-optimistic in his advice to the president, regarding Russia's military capabilities. The decision to invade, according to some inside Russia, was based on erroneous information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies