Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 06:48 PM

2,953 posts, read 1,001,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Figure that 1/3 of these Russian men will die or come home maimed. It could go higher as they are untrained, undisciplined, unmovitated and equpped with little but small arms - basically cannon fodder facing superior weapons and forces. 100,000. Maybe 300,000.
Check out Deny's piece from today. Looks like half of them are s**t-faced drunk just getting on the busses to go to two-week cannon fodder school. Airborne Rangers these ain't gonna be. The dufus platoon from Stripes had more lethality than these bullet-headed drunken Russian oafs. As an aside, why do so many Russians look mentally retarded? Those shaved round undersized domes, the close set eyes and slack jaws. They look a little like the Street Outlaws boys from Oklahoma only without the automotive knowledge or good humor. I dunno ... I think it's the cesium that's in everything in Russia. Genetic defectives.

But I digress ... In three weeks the Russian army's new 12th Motorized Atrocities Brigade is going to be crossing a muddy wheat field to go commit some atrocities in the next village and they'll take their first burst of 30 mm from a Ukrainian BTR and they'll be squealing, pooping and digging straight down like terrified armadillos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 07:06 PM

29,590 posts, read 19,777,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
If we were to count up the puppets, I’d wager that Russia has a bit of catching up to do with the US/CIA

You guys need to read a couple of books, for crying out loud. The ignorance is palpable.

You might want to start with John Perkins, “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man”. Mr. Perkins describes in details never before revealed how nations and their governments are subverted, first with bribes, then by assassins, and then, if necessary, military action to eliminate the uncooperative, and replaced with those who will cooperate.

Some of the more notable examples of this took place in the 1950’s in Iran. A very popular Iranian President refused to relinquish Iran’s oil reserves to be plundered, so he had to go bye bye, and that he did. He was replaced by the Shaw of Iran, a brutal western puppet dictator who for years murdered any political opposition, who by all accounts was a psychopathic killer. There are dozens, if not hundreds more. Saddam Hussein was another CIA installed dictator, as was Gaddafi of Libya, Mubarak of Egypt, Noriega of Panama, and so many others, I don’t have the time to list.

But the book gives very specific, historically verifiable examples, that of course, don’t quite match the official narrative at all.

Oh I know very well what the CIA has done over the years with installing puppet regimes and organizing the fall of unfriendly ones. I'm just stating what Putin wants.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:12 PM

20,027 posts, read 22,980,796 times
Quote:
If you knew history, you wouldn’t need to ask that question. Finland made an agreement with Russia after WW II. In exchange for retaining their sovereignty, and not be swallowed up as a Soviet satellite, it agreed to remain neutral and join no military alliance, FOREVER. That’s why Russia has a vote. Of course, the vote is in spirit only.

Due to its close proximity, past history of participating in the Nazi invasion of Russia, and its promise to forever remain neutral, NATO membership would be a virtual death sentence for Finland should a larger war break out. Their people are absolutely clueless to the implications. As a NATO member, they would instantly become numero uno target for annihilation, while the Russians have guaranteed Finland’s immunity to Russian military action, so long as they remain neutral, and that agreement has been honored by the Russians for 70 years.

Finland would be crazy to join NATO, and they have nothing to gain, and everything to lose.
Finland is joining NATO. Russia can thank Putin for Finland trashing the 'post WWII agreement', which quite frankly is irrelevant after the fall of the U.S.S.R.- if you knew history and all..

Old 09-23-2022, 07:28 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Check out Deny's piece from today. Looks like half of them are s**t-faced drunk just getting on the busses to go to two-week cannon fodder school. Airborne Rangers these ain't gonna be. The dufus platoon from Stripes had more lethality than these bullet-headed drunken Russian oafs. As an aside, why do so many Russians look mentally retarded? Those shaved round undersized domes, the close set eyes and slack jaws. They look a little like the Street Outlaws boys from Oklahoma only without the automotive knowledge or good humor. I dunno ... I think it's the cesium that's in everything in Russia. Genetic defectives.

But I digress ... In three weeks the Russian army's new 12th Motorized Atrocities Brigade is going to be crossing a muddy wheat field to go commit some atrocities in the next village and they'll take their first burst of 30 mm from a Ukrainian BTR and they'll be squealing, pooping and digging straight down like terrified armadillos.
This guy has a very sober view of Russia and is expert on Russian military capabilities, operations & strategy.
He verified these new recruits will only receive two weeks of training.

https://twitter.com/KofmanMichael/st...21104273428480

Quote:
Appears the initial mobilized wave will receive 2 weeks of training. This is an incredibly short amount of time especially given the process is more de facto phased general mobilization. It suggests Russian mil desperation to stabilize their lines by throwing people at the front.
This wreaks of desperation from Putin.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:41 PM

8,220 posts, read 3,769,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post

Several questions for you:

1. Who is Deny?

2. How old are you?

3. Ok, never mind, I'll resist. Lol.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:50 PM

47,104 posts, read 26,232,889 times
Quote:
Finland would be crazy to join NATO, and they have nothing to gain, and everything to lose.
That's - sorry, but that's stupid. You're not, so why type it? The Baltic states would have been long since Ukrained, had they not joined NATO. You know it. Finland has decided to join the club. Smart move.

"Nothing to gain"? Russia respects power, and only power. They would love nothing more than being surrounded by small, naive countries.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:58 PM

47,104 posts, read 26,232,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This guy has a very sober view of Russia and is expert on Russian military capabilities, operations & strategy.
They're supposed to be reservists with previous military experience, so not starting entirely from scratch. That being said - yes, the losses will be disproportionate. If you're called up 1-2 years after leaving your unit, you're still reasonably able to fall into the routines that training left you with - particularly if the unit itself is pretty much intact. ("Sergei has the machine gun, Ivan spots for targets, we practiced this fire-and-movement hook.") 5 years, you may have retained some individual skills, but you're not with the unit any more. ("Sure, I remember how to aim and fire this, but - who are these guys?") That has to be re-trained, and that takes time. 10 years? You can guard something. And that's not useless, but you're dead on the battlefield.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:08 PM

57,398 posts, read 26,455,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post

https://twitter.com/KofmanMichael/st...21104273428480

This wreaks of desperation from Putin.
Two week training after never have served in a war zone, unknown physical condition and willingness to fight. I would certainly not want to be a Russian officer with this crew.

I see there is a traffic jam leaving Russian into Finland, this is Russia's Vietnam.

Army training was 2 months of basic training, 2 months of advanced training for infantry.

I doubt Russia has the training facilities or officers for this.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-23-2022 at 09:22 PM..

Old 09-23-2022, 08:08 PM

79,212 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
They're supposed to be reservists with previous military experience, so not starting entirely from scratch. That being said - yes, the losses will be disproportionate. If you're called up 1-2 years after leaving your unit, you're still reasonably able to fall into the routines that training left you with - particularly if the unit itself is pretty much intact. ("Sergei has the machine gun, Ivan spots for targets, we practiced this fire-and-movement hook.") 5 years, you may have retained some individual skills, but you're not with the unit any more. ("Sure, I remember how to aim and fire this, but - who are these guys?") That has to be re-trained, and that takes time. 10 years? You can guard something. And that's not useless, but you're dead on the battlefield.
I just view the "We'll call up 300,000 troops" thing to be almost like a relic of the past if you're EFFECTIVELY fighting with MODERN weaponry.

The accuracy and lethality is just so over the top these days it's almost like the transition from the Napolean era of warfare to WW1 where the machine guns and artillery changed everything.

If it were the eastern front 1940's then sure, wow, 300k men but if you don't have effective equipment and training you're just going to end up like the Moskva where they had all these anti-missile weapons yet just sat there and took it like they were a freakin' cruise ship.

That really sums up the Russians problems for me in a nutshell. All these great systems and tech but when they come time to work these days? Nope. Just on paper.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:08 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Russia’s Historic 100 Million-Ton Wheat Crop Piles Up at Home
Quote:
Farmers across the country are finishing up the bountiful harvest after good growing conditions throughout the summer. The huge supply in the world’s top shipper would usually help to bring down world prices. But so far this season, government export taxes and logistical issues from its war in Ukraine are keeping more grain than usual at home.

“Storage has been an issue for a few months for some farmers,” SovEcon Managing Director Andrey Sizov said by phone. “We haven’t seen anything like this since 2017-18.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies