Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 07:10 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,059,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
LOL..you just described the US and all our ME war adventures.
Your not wrong but that doesnt change Russia in Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2023, 07:13 AM

79,264 posts, read 61,361,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Because why bother to actually look and see what is actually happening right? Ukraine is done and they know it now.
You seem pretty upset despite assured victory. *shrug*

Old 11-16-2023, 07:21 AM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Strange logic going around here:
Ukraine is corrupt, so it is OK if Russia invades.
The US invaded countries, so it's OK if Russia does.
Russia thought they would win in three days. It's been over 18 months and they have lost most of what they gained, but they are still winning.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:30 AM

6,063 posts, read 2,853,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Unless there is sarcasm I'm missing, Ukraine is now required to add dyes to military gasoline, because oligarchs keep stealing gas meant for the military to sell elsewhere.

Seems like a corrupt country where the elites are concerned about profits more than beating Russia.

https://rmx.news/defense/ukraine-to-...to-curb-theft/
If I'm already buying gas illegally on the black market from some sketchy Ukrainian guy...why would dye dissuade me from buying that gas?

The gas is still going to get syphoned off and sold to whoever wants/needs it, if I were to guess.

Old 11-16-2023, 09:12 AM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
If I'm already buying gas illegally on the black market from some sketchy Ukrainian guy...why would dye dissuade me from buying that gas?

The gas is still going to get syphoned off and sold to whoever wants/needs it, if I were to guess.
It takes someone to enforce the law, doesn't it?
FWIW, they dye farm diesel here in the US. Truckers would use it if they could because it is taxed less and is cheaper, but it's hard to get for most truckers. Still, once in a while, I would hear the DOT is checking fuel tanks.

Urals oil is listed at $68 today. Denmark has stepped up and announced they will be stopping Russian tankers as they sail through Danish waters. Denmark will be tasked with inspecting and potentially blocking Russian oil tankers sailing through its waters under new European Union plans, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday.
If the tanker is properly insured it will be allowed to pass. Most Russian tankers are not properly insured, so if one of them causes a spill, it is every man for himself.

Old 11-16-2023, 09:13 AM

6,692 posts, read 12,202,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Russia thought they would win in three days. It's been over 18 months and they have lost most of what they gained, but they are still winning.
This. This seems to be the thought of many Americans (or hopefully they are just Russian trolls disguised as Americans). Zelensky and his oligarch might be corrupt, but that makes it ok for the Ukrainian women, children, elderly, as well as the men fighting the the front lines to be slaughtered?

Btw, recently my wife's friend who has been fighting with the military over there has not been funding for supplies/equipment, so what's happened to all the billions Joe Brandon has been sending? (that's a rhetorical question)

Old 11-16-2023, 10:28 AM

5,309 posts, read 3,882,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Lets say your right and Russia does ultimately take over. Can anyone way they really won? There have been what, 300k casualties, thousands of vehicles, hundreds of airplanes and helicopters, a lot of their military leadership, at least 10s of thousands of people who left Russia so didn't have to fight, all the sanctions put on them by much of the world, not to mention the sea power that was destroyed.

If that is winning a war I would hate to see what happens when a country loses one.
300K Russian losses? Blinken tell ya that nonsense? Sanctions? Woops backfired on the West. Russia doesn't want all of Ukraine. Who wants to try to govern people who hate your guts? They'll take what they got and maybe even Odessa. Sea power destroyed? I don't know what reality you exist in. FYI The West is not the world.

Old 11-16-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You seem pretty upset despite assured victory. *shrug*
Who is upset? Tough dealing with some of you is all. No matter what is happening right in front of your face you deny it.

Old 11-16-2023, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post

You keep harping about the 3 days nonsense. Who told you that? Rachel?

Old 11-16-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
This. This seems to be the thought of many Americans (or hopefully they are just Russian trolls disguised as Americans). Zelensky and his oligarch might be corrupt, but that makes it ok for the Ukrainian women, children, elderly, as well as the men fighting the the front lines to be slaughtered?

Btw, recently my wife's friend who has been fighting with the military over there has not been funding for supplies/equipment, so what's happened to all the billions Joe Brandon has been sending? (that's a rhetorical question)
Tough one to figure out huh? No wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies