Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 09:35 AM

13,865 posts, read 5,080,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seya View Post
Well, aren't I just the political sage of the century? It's abundantly clear that my unparalleled insight into global affairs rivals that of Nostradamus himself. Buckle up, because you're about to get a front-row seat to the brilliance that is my analysis.
So, the Ukrainian offensive, a masterclass in flawless execution, right? I mean, who needs a strategic plan when you can just throw around high-tech gear and watch it all go up in smoke? It's like a fireworks show, but with a few more casualties and a lot less celebration.
(Because, let's face it, nothing says "successful military operation" like wrecked equipment and soldiers strewn across the battlefield. Military strategy is overrated anyway.)
Oh, and let's not forget the USA, the unsung hero of bureaucracy and government funding in Ukraine. I can picture it now – Uncle Sam generously writing checks to keep the bureaucratic cogs turning smoothly. Because nothing says democracy like outsourcing your government's financial stability to a benevolent foreign power.
(Ukraine, a "fail state" from the get-go? Well, color me shocked. Who knew a nation could face challenges before the war even started? Clearly, my understanding of geopolitics was just too optimistic.)
And the population decline – from 40 million to 28 million. A slight hiccup, really. I mean, who needs demographics when you can have war? It's the latest trend – shedding a few million people to stay on the cutting edge of conflict.
(Forget about the intricate socio-economic factors at play. It's probably just a coincidence that the population drop aligns with the war. Who needs correlation when you can have a good ol' causation assumption?)
Russia's strategic control over the choicest 20 percent of Ukrainian territory – classic power move. It's almost as if they strategically chose the most economically potent regions. But hey, who needs the whole pie when you can just take the most delicious slices?
(Why take all of Ukraine when you can control the real estate that brings in the big bucks? It's called strategic restraint, darling.)
And Ukrainian debt, the gift that keeps on giving. The West benevolently paying off debts, because nothing says responsible global finance like shouldering another nation's financial burdens. It's like international charity, but with interest.
(The West, selflessly managing Ukrainian debt, because why not? It's not like they have their own financial issues to deal with. Who needs fiscal responsibility when you can be a global financial superhero?)
As for Zelensky, it's almost like I'm watching a rerun of a tragic puppet show. Gadafy, Hussein, and now, Zelensky – the USA's puppet trinity. Because if there's one thing the USA doesn't like, it's losers. I can already smell the Shakespearean tragedy brewing.
(And the summer offensive being their "last chance"? Oh, please. Because wars are just like Broadway shows – you get one shot, and if you miss it, curtains close.)
In conclusion, my astute observations are clearly unparalleled. When the Ukrainian people finally realize they've been duped, well, that'll be the real showstopper. Brace yourselves for the grand revelation – the West played them like a fiddle, and the plot twist is almost too delicious to bear. You're welcome for this enlightening journey into the depths of my geopolitical genius.
Funny. Your "astute observations" don't include any evidence that Russian forces are gaining ground, no evidence that Ukrainians are losing the will to fight and no sign that the people hate Zelensky the way they hated Hussein and Ghaddafi. The best you can say is that they're in a stalemate, so the question becomes: who is going to be the first side that grows tired of the battle and backs down? Those that are fighting for their freedom and their homes, or those that are fighting for Putin's dream of a restored Russian Empire? I've said from the beginning that Russia will grow bored and leave, the way they did Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2023, 12:08 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Isn't the Great Reset going to be all about doing more with less humans?

There will be a time in the near future where we will have a surplus of useless humans roaming around the planet due to AI/Tech.

The global elite want to thin the herd one way or another - and that's the scary part - I'm sure these sociopaths have calculated that a new World War is the path to go.
The Russo-Ukraine war was created by Russia, not the world elites. I think that's the way history has always been and will continue.
We can see clearly that world population will decline and can see where it will decline first. After all, the only way to create a healthy 20 year old person is to give birth to him 20 years ago. The only people that will be 20 in 2043, will be born this year.

The Great Reset, IMO, will be a dud. I am not hopeful that future generations of 200+ years will live in a comfortable world. I am fairly certain Russia (and some others) will lead the way to irrelevance and even eventual obscurity.
The mathematical curve of exponential rise looks just like the curve of exponential decay. So the coming population bust will hit very hard and very fast.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:34 PM

26,922 posts, read 22,820,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Capitalist US attracts immigrants from every portion of the globe. In fact, we need a wall just to keep them out. Russia doesn't have that problem.
You mean USED to attract immigration from every portion of the world. Now it's a huge inflow from the third world countries.

Russia has the same problem, although the latest decision to conscript these people into the Russian army might stem the flow of.

Quote:
There is nothing that can be done about the decline of Russia. Russian men are being killed or are leaving the country and Russian women see no reason to have children.
Plenty of women there still want to have children, they just don't feel that they can afford them.

Quote:
If not for immigration, Capitalist US would suffer a declining population just like the rest of the world. As it is, Capitalist US will be among the last to lose significant population. But eventually it will happen here, too.
It may take a while.
With gradual replacement of whites that is currently taking place, the amount of population in US won't even matter.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Funny. Your "astute observations" don't include any evidence that Russian forces are gaining ground, no evidence that Ukrainians are losing the will to fight and no sign that the people hate Zelensky the way they hated Hussein and Ghaddafi. The best you can say is that they're in a stalemate, so the question becomes: who is going to be the first side that grows tired of the battle and backs down?

My guess would be - the Ukrainians.

I mean their gov. won't get tired of it, it will keep on fighting "till the last Ukrainian," since it's this war that keeps them in power.
But Western financing ( and Ukrainian manpower) can't last forever, both have their own limitations, particularly with that Israel war, that came out of nowhere it seems.

Quote:
Those that are fighting for their freedom and their homes, or those that are fighting for Putin's dream of a restored Russian Empire? I've said from the beginning that Russia will grow bored and leave, the way they did Afghanistan.

This has little to do with "restoration of the Russian Empire," and same can be said about US in Afghanistan - once America didn't want to finance the Afghan war any longer, it left Afghanistan.

Ukrainian war is financed by US.

Old 11-15-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
The Russo-Ukraine war was created by Russia, not the world elites. I think that's the way history has always been and will continue.
We can see clearly that world population will decline and can see where it will decline first. After all, the only way to create a healthy 20 year old person is to give birth to him 20 years ago. The only people that will be 20 in 2043, will be born this year.

The Great Reset, IMO, will be a dud. I am not hopeful that future generations of 200+ years will live in a comfortable world. I am fairly certain Russia (and some others) will lead the way to irrelevance and even eventual obscurity.
The mathematical curve of exponential rise looks just like the curve of exponential decay. So the coming population bust will hit very hard and very fast.

The Russo-Ukrainian war was created by American government and Polish government up to a certain degree.

No one else was interested in this war.

Old 11-15-2023, 01:14 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,059,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The Russo-Ukrainian war was created by American government and Polish government up to a certain degree.

No one else was interested in this war.
Except that Russia is the one that invaded.

Old 11-15-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post

In response to American/NATO meddling in Ukrainian affairs.

The only thing that distorts the picture somewhat, is that Putin didn't do it right away back in 2014.

But I already addressed this issue before on numerous occasions.

Old 11-15-2023, 03:22 PM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Yeah.
I was kinda hoping no one would tell him. He does SO want it to be an American conspiracy of some sort. Everything is, you know.

Old 11-15-2023, 05:31 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,770,972 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBqrvqOtXZQ

Old 11-15-2023, 07:47 PM

8,996 posts, read 11,885,467 times
Quote:
Russia has now moved its troops on the left bank of the Dnipro to "a more advantageous position" - a bit closer to Russia.
Ukraine, meanwhile, is expending its presence on the left bank.

Russia's Black Fleet now has very limited ability to rearm itself. The equipment needed to load missiles onto ships was located in Sevastopol, with is no longer safe for Russia ships.

Russians fighting on the side of Ukraine killed a colonel of Moscow’s FSB security service in an ambush in Russia’s Bryansk oblast. There have been so many mysterious fires, explosions and assassinations inside Russia that they no longer attract much attention.

Germany’s defense minister on Sunday announced Berlin would double its 2024 military aid for Ukraine. Germany, it seems, has lots of experience with Russia and Russian sympathizers.

Most of the aide provided by The US has never actually left the US. That's because the aide provided is in the form of military weapons, which are manufactured in America by Americans. Hopefully, the aide will continue.
It is my own feeling that Russia and Iran played Hamas and tricked them into attacking Israel so that attention would be diverted away from Russia's embarrassing performance in Ukraine. Russian weapons sales to other countries have ..... "tanked".

If Speaker Johnson has it his way, aide will come for a very long time and will be in the form of Russian money, which has been held since the start of the war.
Poetry - Russia starts a war, loses it, and has to pay for it with the last of their money.
This guy is not on Ukraine's side. Funding for Ukraine has run out. He can schedule a vote to restore funding for Ukraine at any time, but he has not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies