Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 06:47 AM

25,799 posts, read 17,567,944 times

Advertisements

The Russians were hoping the Ukrainian army would charge helter-skelter through the minefields and obstacles they planted. It didn't happen. Instead, the Ukrainians are carefully picking their way through while clearing the mines as best as can be done.

Meanwhile, the are starving the Russian army by blocking their supply routes, stretching them thin by feinting attacks at various points along the 600 miles front, and attacking their command and control points with well planned artillery shots.
The naval war, if it can be called that, goes well for Ukraine, who has no real navy to lose. They have yet to sink the Grand Prize, which would be a Russian submarine, but maybe they will figure out a way. Since submarines must return to port every now and then, that may present an opportunity.

Crews quarters are almost always at or below the waterline on ships. I spent nine years in the navy, and from my standpoint it would be really hard to get a good sleep knowing the Ukrainians have drones which stay at sea, just waiting for an opportunity......

BUT THEY'RE DROPPING CLUSTER BOMBS!...
That's the latest cry from anti-Ukrainian Ruskateers. And it's true - Ukrainians are. But they are dropping cluster bombs on their own country. If Russians don't want to step on one, they could just go to some other country - like Russia, for instance.
Ukrainians know they will have to clean them up later. Maybe they can use Russian POWs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2023, 08:49 AM

3,720 posts, read 2,463,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
And Ukraine rearrested him for the crime of posting YouTube videos.

As they say "truth is the first casualty in war."
Yes, and it also shows that Journalism is dead in America.

24/7 lies and propaganda about Ukraine-Russia and the US in this matter.

*fingers crossed* that Gonzalo Lira made it to Hungary.

Old 08-05-2023, 09:08 AM

26,745 posts, read 15,301,549 times
So....Russian Wagner forces in Belarus we are told is meant to destabilize NATO and is a direct threat to NATO, but NATO pushing eastward multiple times into multiple countries including into Ukraine is not meant to destabilize Russia.

Does anyone actually believe the inconsistent Orwellian rhetoric?

https://news.antiwar.com/2023/08/03/...tabilize-nato/

Last edited by michiganmoon; 08-05-2023 at 09:19 AM..

Old 08-05-2023, 09:18 AM

3,720 posts, read 2,463,261 times
Quote:
So....Russian Wagner forces in Belarus we are told is meant to destabilize NATO, but NATO pushing eastward multiple times into multiple countries including into Ukraine is not meant to destabilize Russia.

Mary Sarotti on Youtube is worth watching.

She wrote the recently released book "Not one Inch" but you can info on NATO and this conflict from her many interviews on Youtube.

NATO has grown into its own as an organization practicing mission creep - lead of course, by the US.

Old 08-05-2023, 09:59 AM

762 posts, read 518,558 times
Quote:
So....Russian Wagner forces in Belarus we are told is meant to destabilize NATO and is a direct threat to NATO, but NATO pushing eastward multiple times into multiple countries including into Ukraine is not meant to destabilize Russia.

NATO was not "pushing" eastward. Eastern European nations were pulling NATO eastward. No NATO member was forced into NATO, with the process itself being long and complicated. To help illustrate that fact, please list a single NATO member that wants out of the alliance. We'll wait right here while you bring something back to that effect.

So in short, NATO pushing eastward is a blatant lie.

Old 08-05-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
“Only Russians are capable of sacrificing themselves to save humanity, just like Jesus did.”

Angels and artillery: a cathedral to Russia's new national identity

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ary-disneyland

The Russian Orthodox Church is a dangerous puppet of the state, the new post-Soviet civil religion.
Very nice, and after mass at that there church, they could go watch a nice movie.

Hey, what's playing? What else, a movie about Soviets in WW2 but of course.

Old 08-05-2023, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
NATO was not "pushing" eastward. Eastern European nations were pulling NATO eastward. No NATO member was forced into NATO, with the process itself being long and complicated. To help illustrate that fact, please list a single NATO member that wants out of the alliance. We'll wait right here while you bring something back to that effect.

So in short, NATO pushing eastward is a blatant lie.
So, using your same logic, Belarus invited Wagner in. Russia did not push westward into Belarus, Belarus pulled Russia westward.

Yet the industrial military complex gives us the Orwellian logic that Russia in Belarus is a threat to NATO, but NATO in Ukraine and other former Soviet states is NOT a threat to Russia.

History repeats itself: In 1961 JFK putting nukes in Turkey (which back then shared a land border with the USSR) was NOT a threat to the USSR. But the USSR in 1962 putting nukes in Cuba was a threat to the USA. Same old Orwellian BS to grow the military budget bigger and sabre rattle.

The US has a ring of military bases around China, which is NOT a threat to China. China wanting to make a military base inside of Cuba is a threat to the USA.

Old 08-05-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
So, using your same logic, Belarus invited Wagner in. Russia did not push westward into Belarus, Belarus pulled Russia westward.

Yet the industrial military complex gives us the Orwellian logic that Russia in Belarus is a threat to NATO, but NATO in Ukraine and other former Soviet states is NOT a threat to Russia.

History repeats itself: In 1961 JFK putting nukes in Turkey (which back then shared a land border with the USSR) was NOT a threat to the USSR. But the USSR in 1962 putting nukes in Cuba was a threat to the USA. Same old Orwellian BS to grow the military budget bigger and sabre rattle.

The US has a ring of military bases around China, which is NOT a threat to China. China wanting to make a military base inside of Cuba is a threat to the USA.
No, I'm not using "my" logic, I'm just using logic in general. For instance, exhibit A...

ST. PETERSBURG, July 23. /TASS/. Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said that he is "starting to get tense with the Wagner group because they want to march on Warsaw".

"Maybe I shouldn't say it, but I will. The Wagner group has started to stress us: ‘We want to go to the West. Let us go.’ I said, why do you want to go to the West? ‘Well, to go on a tour to Warsaw, to Rzeszow'," Lukashenko said at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

https://tass.com/world/1650683

Old 08-05-2023, 10:37 AM

7,711 posts, read 5,599,325 times
This is weird… and funny:

Quote:
The Chinese embassy in Moscow on Friday criticized “brutal and excessive law enforcement by Russia” after five Chinese citizens were denied entry into the country.
https://www.politico.eu/article/chin...rder-incident/

Old 08-05-2023, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
No, I'm not using "my" logic, I'm just using logic in general. For instance, exhibit A...

ST. PETERSBURG, July 23. /TASS/. Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has said that he is "starting to get tense with the Wagner group because they want to march on Warsaw".

"Maybe I shouldn't say it, but I will. The Wagner group has started to stress us: ‘We want to go to the West. Let us go.’ I said, why do you want to go to the West? ‘Well, to go on a tour to Warsaw, to Rzeszow'," Lukashenko said at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

https://tass.com/world/1650683
NATO is in a proxy war with Russia. If we're going to talk about words. An official at the European Council said the Baltic Sea was now a NATO lake. Joe Biden has said US troops would be fighting in Ukraine soon, of course that was passed off as a stutter, US offolicials talking about US weapons killing Russians with joy, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies