Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 09:24 AM

7,711 posts, read 5,599,325 times

Advertisements

Russians attack Zaporizhzhia Oblast with projectiles loaded with chemical substance

The article states that the chemical substance was “likely chloropicrin.” Chloropicrin was used as a poison gas in World War I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 09:30 AM

25,800 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Maybe I'm an American posing as a Ukrainian bot? ........
Holy Cow! ......... I might be one, too!
Is it possible this is like the character in Blade Runner, and I am a bot and not aware of it?!

Old 08-07-2023, 09:43 AM

762 posts, read 518,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Holy Cow! ......... I might be one, too!
Is it possible this is like the character in Blade Runner, and I am a bot and not aware of it?!
They need to run the voight kampff test on you, Listener.

My native language is actually russian, so perhaps I'm an orc, posing as a ukr-bot, posting as an american.

Old 08-07-2023, 09:58 AM

8,218 posts, read 3,771,999 times
Quote:
I'm aware of the NATO timeline. Are you aware 1999 was before 2000? That's why 2004, get it? No? Oh well.
Lol, I explained to you the main reasons that started/led to the rift. In return you decided to post something of no value.

Who cares what was said in a random interview, which also happened to be just before the elections? Besides even that interview had its nuances:

"...in the case that Russia's interests will be reckoned with, if it will be an equal partner"

And then from the article:

"In practice, Russia and NATO have had a strained relationship since Russia acquiesced to NATO's expansion into Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic last spring. Such programs as Partnership for Peace, a planned military cooperation effort, and a joint Russia-NATO council have achieved little. When NATO attacked Yugoslavia last spring, the Russian military and political leadership reacted with anger and bitterness, freezing the relationship. When the fighting ended, Russia further aggravated NATO by sending its soldiers into Kosovo ahead of NATO peacekeepers.

While tensions have eased, Russian officials expressed irritation that a recent NATO meeting was held in Ukraine, and Russian officials have steadfastly opposed NATO inclusion of any former Soviet republics, some of which have expressed interest in joining

"...Russia could join if NATO reduced its military focus and became more of a political organization"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-8cae673790cd/

Old 08-07-2023, 10:16 AM

26,747 posts, read 15,301,549 times
Quote:
Let me restate my position:
No
No
No
I could not care less what some poll says. Not interested. Ukraine should be armed and enabled as long as they choose to be.
I do not have the slightest interest in how much money is made by an American arms manufacturer. Don't care. Not interested.

I hope Ukraine, aided by USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan and others fights long enough to drive the Russian economy into impoverished oblivion.
So you have no limit for USA money to Ukraine, no limit on time for US commitment, no limit on US weapons, not even nuclear that we can give to Ukraine, and you are willing to literally have Ukraine fight to the last Ukrainian.

Wow.

The industrial military complex loves all of that.

Are you willing to encourage Ukraine to push into Crimea if they can ever knowing it is a nuclear red line from Russia?

Old 08-07-2023, 10:23 AM

26,747 posts, read 15,301,549 times
Quote:
For enders, it's just some random CNN pole, who gives a flying frag?
We live in a democracy, at least supposedly. The majority of the people in multiple polls are now saying that they want no more funding of Ukraine. This is a big deal as it could pressure politicians to follow the will of the people.

I'm a little surprised that you think the will of American people should be completely ignored.

Old 08-07-2023, 10:33 AM

14,845 posts, read 8,259,779 times
Quote:
Ukraine should be armed and enabled as long as they choose to be.
When you say "they choose". Who is choosing? Zelensky? The guy who ran as a peace candidate but then arrested Medvedchuk, shut down pro-Russian media, escalated tensions in Eastern Ukraine, passed anti-Russian laws, held joint-NATO military exercises after heavily militarizing the country, lied to Ukrainians for months to keep them from leaving the country, then after the war he intentionally provoked, he nationalizes all media, bans all opposition political parties, and refuses to hold elections.

The reality is, Zelensky is an illegitimate and corrupt dictator who lied to gain power with the support of corrupt Ukrainian oligarchs, and now refuses to give it up. If the war lasts another thirty years, he will still be president.

Quote:
I hope Ukraine, aided by USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan and others fights long enough to drive the Russian economy into impoverished oblivion.
Hope all you want, it will not happen without taking the whole world down with it. Russia simply has far too many natural resources and the West is becoming increasingly irrelevant. Your only real hope is the collapse of the Russian state and the dissolution of the Russian Federation.

If Russia continues to exist after this war, you've lost.

Quote:
For enders, it's just some random CNN pole, who gives a flying frag?
I actually agree with you on this one. The uniparty will do what the uniparty wants to do.

PS: Can you tell me about this video? Someone linked it on 4chan, and someone called it dystopic, but I don't understand what is being said. Are they preparing children to be drafted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-6tIRpYUyk

Last edited by Redshadowz; 08-07-2023 at 10:45 AM..

Old 08-07-2023, 11:18 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,970 times
ISW Update 8/6/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...-august-6-2023

Quote:
Aug 6, 2023 - Press ISW

Ukrainian forces struck two key road bridges along critical Russian grounds lines of communication (GLOCs) connecting occupied Crimea and occupied Kherson Oblast on August 6, causing Russian forces to reroute road traffic from shorter eastern routes to longer western routes. Kherson Oblast occupation administration head Vadimir Saldo claimed that Ukrainian forces launched 12 missiles at a road bridge across the Henichesk Strait connecting Henichesk Raion to the Arabat Spit and that Russian air defenses intercepted nine of the missiles. Russian sources amplified images showing significant damage to the bridge and claimed that Ukrainian strikes partially collapsed a section of the bridge. Russian sources amplified footage showing Ukrainian forces striking the Chonhar road bridge along the M-18 (Dzhankoi-Melitopol) highway connecting occupied Crimea with occupied Kherson Oblast and subsequent minor damage to both sides of the bridge. Crimean occupation head Sergei Aksyonov claimed that Ukrainian forces launched two missiles at the bridge and that one missile made it through Russian air defenses and damaged the roadbed of the road bridge. Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces used Storm Shadow cruise missiles to conduct both strikes, although ISW has yet to observe confirmation of Russian forces intercepting Storm Shadow cruise missiles.

Old 08-07-2023, 11:24 AM

25,800 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you have no limit for USA money to Ukraine, no limit on time for US commitment, no limit on US weapons, not even nuclear that we can give to Ukraine, and you are willing to literally have Ukraine fight to the last Ukrainian.

Wow.

Are you willing to encourage Ukraine to push into Crimea if they can ever knowing it is a nuclear red line from Russia?
Hard to believe you cannot understand my position. I already answered those same questions, some of them several times.

Old 08-07-2023, 11:44 AM

7,711 posts, read 5,599,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

Wow.

What would Russia gain by releasing nuclear weapons? Retaliation would mean they gain nothing and lose everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies