Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 198 39.52%
No 254 50.70%
Unsure 49 9.78%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 03:31 PM

26,867 posts, read 22,725,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
There's no tangent, just the main point that Russia is a narcissistic/psychopathic world player. They'll exaggerate the significance of any slight done onto them, while at the same time practicing absolutely dirty diplomacy.
Talking about "psychopathy" - that's exactly what was coming from Ukraine from 2014 on, and Russians could see it ( while the West couldn't.)
This is just an example.

https://twitter.com/MyLordBebo/statu...93097065558016

This craziness was wide-spread in Ukraine, (even though the evidence of it is carefully cleansed from Youtube and other media,) but actions have consequences, even when the West is *not aware* by design of those actions.

Quote:
Let's just imagine for a second, in the Budapest Memorandum, if it was Russia handing in their nukes in exchange for security guarantees, and then later NATO conducts a "special military operation" to come liberate the Chechens and recognize it as an independent state. Oh how the sloppy drunk bear would cry foul about this!
Again - this is a good example of typical ( and delusional) way of thinking of Ukrainians of different ranks, governmental ranks including, that all countries are of the same weight, and Ukraine (a 30 year old state) and Russia (a 1,000 year old state) are in the same weight category.

No they are not, and Ukraine is not match to even *slimmed down* Russia. Nowhere close.

Quote:
Not even to mention HOW the Russians have been conducting their invasion...widespread robbing, raping, torturing, murdering. I'm totally with Listener, Russia must sink over this.
Please spare me your Ukr. propaganda. I know more of Ukrainian crimes than you care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 05:15 PM

25,705 posts, read 17,477,129 times
284,000 obituaries have been found in Russia by Russian propagandists. They are shocked. Evidently they had believed the stories they were being fed.

Ukraine now uses drones to ferry the wounded from battlefield to hospital. No longer are trained pilots necessary. Drones don't get tired. They just keep going, wherever they are needed.
Russia abandons its wounded.

Ukraine fires cluster munitions into Russian positions.

Inflation in Russia is ramping up. The ruble is still declining daily. It has declined some 30 to 40% against all major currencies in the last year, and is down 65% over the last 10 years. The bottom is not in sight. That ramps up the cost of everything in Russia and makes foreign travel - for those who are allowed out of Russia - prohibitively expensive.
Supplies that Russia receives through the back door from China now cost 50% more than they did last year. It will get worse. That means a $1M missile made last year and fired today will cost $1.4M next time they fire one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f25hWjlZrFA

Old 08-07-2023, 05:22 PM
nng

695 posts, read 293,300 times
I dunno not an expert or anything but I think we should have just given a lump sum of money to ukraine. Joe biden seems to want to go to any length to support ukraine meanwhile student loans didn't get canceled I know due to republicans but still. What if we go bankrupt from this? I wonder what you all think. I think ukraine has a right to determine its own destiny and be a sovereign country, but the amount of money we are pouring into ukraine we could of helped our own citizens.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:12 PM

2,388 posts, read 1,108,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I dunno not an expert or anything but I think we should have just given a lump sum of money to ukraine. Joe biden seems to want to go to any length to support ukraine meanwhile student loans didn't get canceled I know due to republicans but still. What if we go bankrupt from this? I wonder what you all think. I think ukraine has a right to determine its own destiny and be a sovereign country, but the amount of money we are pouring into ukraine we could of helped our own citizens.
$30 trillion dollar economy is not going to go bankrupt over the relatively small amount being spent...
and a lot of it is inventory....with a shelf life (use it or lose it).....

Old 08-07-2023, 07:21 PM

8,187 posts, read 3,746,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
$30 trillion dollar economy is not going to go bankrupt over the relatively small amount being spent...
and a lot of it is inventory....with a shelf life (use it or lose it).....
I thought it's a $32-33 trillion dollar economy

Old 08-07-2023, 07:27 PM

5,253 posts, read 3,837,452 times
Use it then lose it. Face it NATO is outgunned save yourself and end the war. US equipment and military know how is inferior to the Russians. Or you could listen to the guys who fought Flotsum and Jetsum to a standstill. Like Betrayus and his nonsense.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:33 PM

25,705 posts, read 17,477,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
That's the liberal's line. Just give us more money.
We conservatives don't buy it. Giving more money to San Francisco, Washington DC, Baltimore, or Chicago just isn't going to work. It never has.

There is no reason to cancel student loans. Individual students, yes, in some cases. But not a blanket cancellation.
The US budget is $6,000 billion. I leave it to you to figure out how much cash we have sent to Ukraine, but whatever it is, it won't make a dent in that budget.

There is a war going on. Been going on since 2014, in fact, when Russia decided they should have Crimea. The idea is to stop it where it is. After all, we have seen in history where aggressive countries simply gobbled up one country after another with no end until the aggressors were destroyed at great cost. I'm thinking Germany. Japan. And even Iraq, when they invaded Kuwait. Iraq was stopped cold.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:39 PM

4,963 posts, read 2,742,254 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to_mlKoqCkg

Old 08-07-2023, 07:41 PM

8,187 posts, read 3,746,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's the liberal's line. Just give us more money.
We conservatives don't buy it. Giving more money to San Francisco, Washington DC, Baltimore, or Chicago just isn't going to work. It never has.

There is no reason to cancel student loans. Individual students, yes, in some cases. But not a blanket cancellation.
The US budget is $6,000 billion. I leave it to you to figure out how much cash we have sent to Ukraine, but whatever it is, it won't make a dent in that budget.

There is a war going on. Been going on since 2014, in fact, when Russia decided they should have Crimea. The idea is to stop it where it is. After all, we have seen in history where aggressive countries simply gobbled up one country after another with no end until the aggressors were destroyed at great cost. I'm thinking Germany. Japan. And even Iraq, when they invaded Kuwait. Iraq was stopped cold.
Correct it's difficult to make a dent in a $1.5 trillion hole

Old 08-07-2023, 10:01 PM

8,972 posts, read 11,849,614 times
An explosive video from Warthog.

A grain depot in Istanbul was struck. Turkey suspects Russia was behind the attack.

Whether by nature or resistance groups, there have been a lot of fires in Russia.

Fighter jets and cargo aircraft practice taking off and landing on highways in Finland in preparation for war with Russia. I think Finland just wants to send Russia this message: we are not the same Finland you stole land from.

https://youtu.be/zThTPM6lfXA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies