Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 12:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,198,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
So his idea of being humane is to cause 100s of thousands of casualties?
-2 more positive than - 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2022, 02:06 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,139,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You claim it's "unjust".
Putin sees it differently:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Russia/Putin saw it differently.
You must think that's best...I don't. Putin didn't either.
Of course Putin thinks otherwise. That is like saying water is wet. This thread would not exist if Putin did not think that way.

My assertion is that Putin has made horrific decisions that objectively cause harm to huge numbers of people and can be judged to be morally wrong. You seem to defend his actions and seem to have no interest in judging him to be accountable for the harm that he has caused.

Forestalling the predictable objections, no I am not an international law judge, and I doubt Putin will ever face charges of any type. I am making a statement of principle and providing justification for why I think international support of Ukraine is a good thing.

Your habit of excusing Putin's actions and coming up with lame justifications puts you on the other side of things, where you obviously support the Russian aggression and the misery that they have caused. While I find that reprehensible, you obviously see things differently.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:14 PM

25,797 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Many Russians have bought into the Ukraine war, seeing themselves as besieged people being forced to defend themselves against an aggressive America.

Listen at 1:25 as two ordinary looking women explain to the reporter why it is necessary that Russia defend itself against America. Zelensky is but a clown, they say. Ukraine has put NATO guns on the Russian border - a border filled with peace loving people.
The stability is gone, says the reporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9zEWNChGbw

Old 12-30-2022, 02:22 PM

5,308 posts, read 3,882,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Putin, unaccustomed to losing, is increasingly isolated as war falters
A new gulf is emerging between the president and much of the country’s elite

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a-ukraine-war/

Even the Pope, who at the beginning of the war appeared to take care to accommodate Kremlin views, this month compared the Russian war of choice on Ukraine to the Nazi genocide of the Jews. The article says Putin is missing his friends. It doesn't help when he keeps throwing them out of windows from up high when they disagree with him.

I hope this ends soon & very badly for Putin, if only to demonstrate what happens with war criminals who invade peaceful democracies.
Go read a little more about what your Pope has said.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:34 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,702,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Why do you make me hurt you?" is the excuse used by wifebeaters and terrorists.
Or that is what rescuers/guards/protectors say to the wife beaters, etc that they gave a beat down to for acting like that.

You all remind me of someone from long ago.
I remember the late '80s when I came upon my Sister being abused by a bad boyfriend.
I gave him a super punch to the liver, then yanked his arm back and lifted him off the floor in a hammerlock tearing out his shoulder, and held him until the police came.
In court...he claimed that "her Brother assaulted me". The judge admonished him for even complaining about that.

Old 12-30-2022, 02:41 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,770,972 times
I wanna see Ukraine declare victory on the 1st anniversary of Russia's INVASION...

Old 12-30-2022, 02:50 PM

15,681 posts, read 9,345,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Many Russians have bought into the Ukraine war, seeing themselves as besieged people being forced to defend themselves against an aggressive America.

Listen at 1:25 as two ordinary looking women explain to the reporter why it is necessary that Russia defend itself against America. Zelensky is but a clown, they say. Ukraine has put NATO guns on the Russian border - a border filled with peace loving people.
The stability is gone, says the reporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9zEWNChGbw
Yep, Russian propaganda is just as ridiculous as the Western propaganda that is posted here about how the sanctions are destroying the Russian economy. When at 3:10 in that video anyone can see that that is clearly not the case.

Remember the Western propaganda about how the Russian's were going to run out of missiles? Yet they keep launching 60 missiles a day at the Ukraine like they have no concern about running out.

Russians love to believe propaganda. Americans love to believe propaganda. Chinese love to believe propaganda. That is the problem. Everyone are just sheep.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:04 PM

25,797 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yep, Russian propaganda is just as ridiculous as the Western propaganda that is posted here about how the sanctions are destroying the Russian economy. When at 3:10 in that video anyone can see that that is clearly not the case....
Sanctions were never intended to destroy the retail economy. Looking in malls to see evidence is to miss the point.

It has destroyed the automobile economy and has grounded 400 airplanes, which are being used for parts. It is in the process of destroying the oil and gas economy, and in the end it will destroy the Russian economy. A country the size of Russia cannot run without automobiles, planes and trains. Russia cannot build their own, and so far, no manufacturer says they are coming back.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yep, Russian propaganda is just as ridiculous as the Western propaganda that is posted here about how the sanctions are destroying the Russian economy. When at 3:10 in that video anyone can see that that is clearly not the case.

Remember the Western propaganda about how the Russian's were going to run out of missiles? Yet they keep launching 60 missiles a day at the Ukraine like they have no concern about running out.

Russians love to believe propaganda. Americans love to believe propaganda. Chinese love to believe propaganda. That is the problem. Everyone are just sheep.
I basucally agree about propagandas.
Soviet propaganda was bad but at some point it lost its power. But, in my experience, it was way behind Western, Russian still is, they are juniors.

Old 12-30-2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Sanctions were never intended to destroy the retail economy. Looking in malls to see evidence is to miss the point.

It has destroyed the automobile economy and has grounded 400 airplanes, which are being used for parts. It is in the process of destroying the oil and gas economy, and in the end it will destroy the Russian economy. A country the size of Russia cannot run without automobiles, planes and trains. Russia cannot build their own, and so far, no manufacturer says they are coming back.
West lost a lot its manufacturing ability to China, Russians going the same way to China...Actually, that is what they wanted, don't invent wheels, sell oil get what you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies