Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 07:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,586,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
lol not me.
But if you're so motivated, quit talking and get to shooting something
yeehaw!!!! Bang bang bang!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,735,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfamily View Post
I am with Texian Patriot, we have much more to be concerned about than what the founding Fathers did in 1776. Our freedoms have been eroded away by politicians and presidents who listen to us only to get elected, but when in office, proceed down the path of slowly enslaving this great people in America. We even have a President who has never even proved that he is an American citizen! The so called birth certificate produced by his supporters is a very poor "Print Shop" project! (Check a real Hawaiin Certificate of Live Birth from Hawaii, just go to that State's web sight and look up an example).
To those who don't think liberty is worth fighting for, I say, there were those before the first Revolution who felt the same way. They sided with the King of England while he slowly (sometimes not so slowly) took away the Colonists' liberties! There are a lot of people who refuse to see where this country is headed (off the precipice). Our leaders continually ignore our plight and seek to only feed us lies and false hope!
Yes, more people voted for Mr. Obama than for McCaine (personally I didn't like either one), but when our elected officials refuse to bring this Country back to its Constitutional base rather than the interpretation of the Constitution by Judges who were never appointed to legislate from the bench, it is high time to try to turn this back around. Maybe, there are not a lot of people who can stomach what is required to change things back to a Representative Republic, but if that is the case then we are doomed to be turned into cnother version of Communist Russia or Nazi Germany (folks, read your history; Hitler was elected to office by campaigning to the right, but when elected, he ran rough shod over the people, ignored their rights, took away their guns and enslaved all who disagreed with him. Unfortunately, that sounds alot like most of our politicians today!!).

Mr. Ed
Are you advocating the violent overthrow of the elected government??

Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,282,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
yeehaw!!!! Bang bang bang!
Don't forget to kiss your horse before you ride off into the sunset...

Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,735,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfamily View Post
We need to have enough members of the military, militia and law enforcement, who feel like us, that our liberties have been eroded, to mount an armed revolution against this tyranny. It will come to an armed conflict simply because, our politicians are no longer doing the will of the people, nor are they abiding by the constitution, as written by the founding fathers. It is my opinion that we would need at least 50 million, well armed persons to accomplish this. We would also need some very sharp military minds who are very good in strategy and tactics! Are there any such individuals out there who believe it is high time to take back our freedoms! Mr. Ed
So then you are advocating mutiny?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,214,209 times
"signed, Mr. Ed"

sorry, I cant help but laugh at that

Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,282,387 times
Memo to Karfar:

Do NOT kiss Mr. Ed.

If he puckers up, run!

Old 07-20-2009, 08:03 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,912,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
The Founding Fathers didn't take up arms over taxes, they took up arms because they were being taxed without representation in Parliment. Get your facts straight.
And it was only a 3% tax. Money the crown collected to be used on something other than the colonies.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:04 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,123,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
The took up arms because they were sick of tyranny. They took up arms because they believed in self government. Read the declaration of independence. To say they took up arms merely because they weren't represented in Parliment is completely false. You are nothing but a loyalist traitor anyway. You are the type of weal minded person that would submit to unconstitutional authority. If you wouldn't die in the name of liberty, what would you die for? I will not be a slave to the federal bureaucracy anymore. All of my work from now on is being done under the table. Come and Take it Uncle Sam. Patriots and lovers of what this nation was founded upon will come to my aid when the federal onslaught happens.

I just have a couple of questions.

Where was your call for rebellion when our "leaders" lied us into an unnecessary war that has killed thousands of brave people who would otherwise be home with their families enjoying THEIR liberty....not to mention the hundreds of thousands of civilians?

And where was your call for armed protection of our constitution when our "leaders" treated it like so much toilet paper while they consolodated more and more power and authority in the administrative branch while taking it away from the constitutionally ascribed branches to which it belonged?

Where was your concern for freedom and consitutional rights when our "leaders" made it possible for them to read your mail, eavesdrop on your conversations, spy on what books you read, search your property without a warrant?

Just exactly what was it that awoke your new found patriotism? The loss of liberty clearly didn't do it. Was it the loss of money? Or the change of leadership?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,586,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

Or the change of leadership?
I'm going with this one.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,544,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
All of my work from now on is being done under the table. Come and Take it Uncle Sam. Patriots and lovers of what this nation was founded upon will come to my aid when the federal onslaught happens.
Now I get it. "Patriots" will ignore the rules of law established by their elected representatives and do what they want regardless.

Why didn't I think of that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies