Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 03:11 PM

17,522 posts, read 24,831,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Whenever you fearless leader passes the word.

What the... ???

Isn't Rush supposed to be on the right?
He is

Old 07-21-2009, 03:12 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,042,957 times
It's illegal to incite violence or rebellion; it's called sedition.

sedition: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com

Old 07-21-2009, 03:16 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,028,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
oh man, I thought this thread was going to be about the civil war between those with at least a partial brain and the lemmings that are still ignorant enough to believe/support obama. I consider them an invasion of the worst kind and definitely a major threat to this wonderful country.

You see ... this is a big DIFFERENCE between CONSERVATIVES and LIBERALS.

LIBERALS absolutely HATED the Bush Years (an understatement of a lifetime), so we took back our country by WINNING AN ELECTION.

CONSERVATIVES don't like how things are going during Obama ... and they start talking REVOLUTION.

So WHICH GROUP followed the principles OF DEMOCRACY which our country was founded ???

And WHICH GROUP is simply just a bunch of SORE LOSERS ???

I know it's a tough question !!!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:22 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,258,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
<snip>And WHICH GROUP is simply just a bunch of SORE LOSERS ???

They're not just sore losers, this anti-Obama movement stems from deep rooted racism for the most part.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:27 PM

13,641 posts, read 21,502,505 times
[quote=bigskydude;9866367]Yup ... revolution can be a rather uncomfortable, messy business.

yes that's right so that is why despite believing it is patriotic to "restore liberty" you think real hard before doing so.Have you lost your vote,or your right to speak out your grievances,or have been jailed without being charged with no trial?Many things that people say as "loosing our freedom" may be true to a extent but any politician or law can be replaced or challenged so far.

Revolution means that you would give up your home and family and go trotting off to some unfamiliar place in order to shoot someone you never met before. All the while knowing that back home, some stranger could be shooting your family and burning up your home.

When this happens you may have a valid reason,but it doesn't happen yet.

You wouldn't be able to even drive your own car, for fear of being tracked down by the opposition. You might even change your name so that friends at home don't think you are the one being shown on the 10 oclock news at night.

Maybe,but does the Democratic or Republican party go around with a hit list of opposition voters?No.Do RNC or DNC loyalists send you death threats or beat you or terrorize you at the voting booth?No

You, as a revolutionary, would have to be responsible for blowing up all of those bridges that your fellow Americans poured their blood, sweat, and tears into to build over the years.

Economic woes being one reason discussed for revolution,what do you think a real revolution would do to America's economy?

You, as a revolutionary, will find yourself hiding in the darkest dank corners of the sewer ... in the worst of conditions .. never trusting anyone new that comes along. You'll be forced to question everyone all of the time because as the revolutionary ... you will never know just where the assassins are.

Hmmmm,so maybe better to resolve the differences peacefully then since you still have a right to?

You, as the revolutionary, will never be sure just how large your force or cause is. We're 20 million strong one minute, and then you'll question the number after seeing the news and fret that there are only 20.000 of you .... you'll never know.

I admire the founding fathers also and the spirit of liberty but be careful not to become over patriotic to where it skews your judgement.Who is your leader?What is your goal?How do you know if you win it will be what your agenda was?What if your own George Washington decides it is better that he remain in power after winning your revolution "for the sake of preserving the revolution"?Oh he may proclaim elections will be held once things are sorted out but what if he doesn't want to in the end?Your revolution just imploded like most do that is what happens then.

These things happened after the American revolution,it is because of rare character specially of Washington that he shunned being appointed "king" which often leaders of won revolutions decide to declare.You will have to do more than proclaim "take back liberty" as you perceive it before I'll just march off with you...

I do believe the 2nd amendment is a protection against tyranical government but it is a last gap protection,we are far from anything like that.When they proclaim the Bill of Rights null and void with no debate.When they terrorize you to vote or not.When they persecute the media and control it outright.When loyalist mobs or troops threaten and or arrest you for not agreeing with them (Iran as a example) then we'll talk revolution.

But so far you have the right to speak out,and protest.You have the right to challenge any laws that you may think is oppressive or unconstitutional.The pen is still mightier than the sword for now and the pen is the only proper thing to reach for still.
----

Last edited by lionking; 07-21-2009 at 03:47 PM..

Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM

9,059 posts, read 13,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
It's illegal to incite violence or rebellion; it's called sedition.

sedition: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article) from Answers.com
The problem with your analysis is that sedition isn't defined in the Constitution. If there exists a federal code somewhere defining the parameters of sedition, the government has to be very careful on how it enforces such a law. If it were to "bust" people on an internet board enumerating "what if" scenarios, they could be in hot water indeed.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:40 PM

13,641 posts, read 21,502,505 times
Quote:

LIBERALS absolutely HATED the Bush Years (an understatement of a lifetime), so we took back our country by WINNING AN ELECTION.

CONSERVATIVES don't like how things are going during Obama ... and they start talking REVOLUTION.

So WHICH GROUP followed the principles OF DEMOCRACY which our country was founded ???

Don't generalize conservatives or Republicans or any who don't agree with you.While the spirit of the American revolution and freedom can lead some to believe we are too far gone that drastic measures are the only solution most know better.

And also,don't put your faith in government,liberal progressives tend to do that,government can become a tyranny which in case if it did progress to the level of Iran or many other countries revolution would be called for.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,155,531 times
Quote:

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!! And then they call US unAmerican.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,043,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
seriously. When our currency fails? When the bureaucrats socialize healthcare? When the supreme court rules the DC gun ban constitutional? When the government defaults on social security and medicare benefits? How much longer will we take violations of state's rights, private property rights, privacy rights, and our nation's sovereignty?

The founding fathers were up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party? Is America too apathetic and/or spineless to make a stand? Will we submit to fascism and totalitarianism of the federal bureaucracy? Or will we rally as our founding fathers did in an effort for our God given liberty? Who will make a stand with me?
First, suggest you read US History- all of it this time.

Secondly, despite the rage and craziness from the Right over fears of the "Bolshevik" Left" (surprised I haven't heard that term yet- most here probably are unfamiliar with it), the real danger to our democracy is- and has been- from the Corporate Fascists in our midst- for they have the power.

As we spin down into our second Gilded Age, I suggest we look backward to the first one to see the answers to the question posed by the OP.

Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,042,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
The problem with your analysis is that sedition isn't defined in the Constitution. If there exists a federal code somewhere defining the parameters of sedition, the government has to be very careful on how it enforces such a law. If it were to "bust" people on an internet board enumerating "what if" scenarios, they could be in hot water indeed.
It isn't "my analysis;" it's the definition of an unlawful act. There is also an FBI site where such activities can be reported. And these people aren't "what iffing"...they're openly calling for armed rebellion. Reread the OP.

The Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 | Early America's Milestone Historic Documents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies