Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 01:20 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,662,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
In other words, attempt to get rid of all the democrats and put republicans in their place.
Where'd you get that from? I've posted similar things on other threads and I said something about getting rid of this blue state red state crap and getting back to being a UNION.. Give it a rest .........This is a prime example of the real problem.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:21 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,882,755 times
I never thought I'd see the day. Tea Parties across the nation. The vast majority of Americans are still apathetic, but the movement towards revolution is growing. The whole AIG bonus payouts is a bunch of political grandstanding. The real money was slipped out the back door to AIG's counterparties. Some 70 billion gone to the surviving Ibanks and even European banks. Wake up people.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:56 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,419,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I never thought I'd see the day. Tea Parties across the nation. The vast majority of Americans are still apathetic, but the movement towards revolution is growing. The whole AIG bonus payouts is a bunch of political grandstanding. The real money was slipped out the back door to AIG's counterparties. Some 70 billion gone to the surviving Ibanks and even European banks. Wake up people.
Good to see,peaceful protest.It works,we are no where near any need for more than peaceful protest,our system is not that broken,the congress critters will take notice when bombarded with people voicing their opinion.

Nobody,even those I tend to agree with political wise have shown me yet that their idea of starting some new revolution by means other than the ballot box and spreading the word peacefully to "take back" freedom would end in actually bettering America instead of creating a different potential tyranny and further destruction of the nation.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:43 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,419,230 times
going back to the Churchill quote I posted.

~If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly;

How many of those who are saying we are going to hell in a handbasket voted Republican again this time because "a bad Republican is still better than any Democrat" or any Democrat is better than a Republican?

For what I see both parties have been doing policy against principle in the recent years specially.Want to fix what you think needs fixing?You still can without thoughts of taking up drastic measures.Vote alternative,band together and protest.

I do believe in the 2nd amendment as a measure of protection against tyranny,but that is a last gap measure,for extreme extreme case,which we are no where near.Just because things are not going your way politically doesn't mean you are justified A revolution in the terms some are describing would economically ruin America beyond any economic setbacks we currently face and potentially create a true or other tyrant of a dictator depending beyond any we may be upset with now,no thanks.

Last edited by lionking; 03-21-2009 at 07:52 AM..

Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 AM

439 posts, read 617,766 times
Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,562,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post

We all know it happened under Republican watch. We are trying to fix things, thats why we elected Obama. A majority of us voters are awake

Old 03-21-2009, 10:03 AM

439 posts, read 617,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We all know it happened under Republican watch. We are trying to fix things, thats why we elected Obama. A majority of us voters are awake

Obama is trying to fix things? That is news to me.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:11 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,572,644 times
All 'hype' aside, pretty much regardless of which country one lives in, the 'Time for an Armed Revolution' is the day that one finds his life so degraded, his prospects so discouraging, his surroundings so depressing, and his situation so intolerable, that the thought of being shot dead in the street, or spending the rest of his life in prison, is less odious than the thought of enduring one more day in his present circumstances. (In actual fact, such a revolutionary would need a large pool of similarly-thinking cohorts to have any chance at succeeding).

SO FAR, for most of us in the USA, life hasn't QUITE degenerated to that level, and any 'Armed Revolution' will probably have to be postponed for a few years. The 'human mind' is ENDLESSLY adaptable, and life can get a WHOLE LOT rougher than it is today, before reaching the 'armed revolution' stage....

Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,533,280 times
if i wanted to lose my firearms, assuming i had any, i would go on CDF and post and advocate armed insurrection against the united states of america. for sure such individuals and those that jump on the band wagon, have just won an opportunity to be monitored by our internal security.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:56 AM

634 posts, read 1,560,295 times
Wink I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
advocating treason and violance against the USA on CDF is to me most disturbing and inappropriate.
I think the OP needs to get a grip of himself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies