Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,504,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
a coup d'etat is impossible in this day and age.
Of course it is, but that isn't the inherit danger in this thread. This type of talk gets idiots like the OP all worked up. Enough so to walk into a building and start shooting, or planting a bomb in a local government building. Furthermore encouraging others to join him in his violent crusade against our government runs along the cusp of domestic terrorism. Shame on those who think this type of treasonous discussion is ok and shame on the webhost for allowing it to stay up. It shouldn't matter what party you are in, if an individual is talking about attacking AMERICA then you should have a problem with it.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:13 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,102,182 times
Wow, this is borderline dangerous.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:15 PM

9,059 posts, read 13,000,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Sorry, but discussing and encouraging others to take part in a violent take over of our government gets reported to the FBI by me.
Good thing nothing comes of it.

Quote:
I guess a thread started by a young Middle Eastern man asking others to join him in his jihad against the tyranny of the US government would also be protected under the First Amendment according to you huh?
Saying that you're going to blow up a building and me saying that I'd kill a federal official who tried to confiscate my weapons unconstitutionally are two separate things. The motive of the revolution is not to destroy the country, but to subdue the government.

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the First Amendment, it has to do with conspiring to commit a terrorist act against the United States of America. Not only that but discussing it openly, and encouraging others to adopt the same effed up mindset.
Meh, that's your interpretation. Although I am tin foil hattish enough to use proxies and public wi-fi to avoid detection, just incase people took paranoid folks like yourself seriously.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,645,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
seriously. When our currency fails? When the bureaucrats socialize healthcare? When the supreme court rules the DC gun ban constitutional? When the government defaults on social security and medicare benefits? How much longer will we take violations of state's rights, private property rights, privacy rights, and our nation's sovereignty?

The founding fathers were up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party? Is America too apathetic and/or spineless to make a stand? Will we submit to fascism and totalitarianism of the federal bureaucracy? Or will we rally as our founding fathers did in an effort for our God given liberty? Who will make a stand with me?

Settle down, uberpatriot.

America's going to survive the aftermath of the Bush disaster. And Obama is working hard to minimize the negative impact on most Americans, regardless of how much you hate him for it.

But no one is likely to forget the eight years of mismanagement and incompetence. As much as you'd like to lay the blame on Obama for Bush's folly, it won't stick.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,979,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoLz, doubtful anyone could get an armed revolution going and win against tanks. Even then, you'd be replacing the fat and stupid leaders the majority chose by election with violent dictators. Those would would then realize they can't abolish taxes like they desire and still pay for everything they need to make the country operate.
Never a reason for guns all we need to do is end the cooperation.

What would happen if 50% of the employers in this country refused to withhold employee payroll for a month? Washington would crap themselves to death.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,255,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Good thing nothing comes of it.

Saying that you're going to blow up a building and me saying that I'd kill a federal official who tried to confiscate my weapons unconstitutionally are two separate things. The motive of the revolution is not to destroy the country, but to subdue the government.

Meh, that's your interpretation. Although I am tin foil hattish enough to use proxies and public wi-fi to avoid detection, just incase people took paranoid folks like yourself seriously.
It's the FBI's job to out-paranoid you.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I propose peaceful secession, but when they turn their guns on me, I will certainly defend myself. We're gunna need tanks, planes, and automatic weapons to form a real militia. I reckon some liberty loving guys in the federal military will help us out. Surely our cause for independence has some sympathizers on the inside.
It will all depend on how far government will go. There will undoubtedly be more than enough defectors from the military to help out. Military officials are split when it comes to firing and detaining their own citizens. That will make all the difference in the world.

They will bring with them automatic rifles, explosives, tanks, planes, and most of all training they can transfer to the militias and revolutionaries.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:21 PM

47,070 posts, read 26,185,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Our founding fathers went to war over a stupid little 3% tax on, of all things, tea ...
Funny thing about that - the Tea Act actually lowered the tax on tea shipped to the colonies, considerably so. That wouldn't do, because lowered taxes would have undercut the people who made big money on smuggling tea.

The Boston Tea Party brouhaha was every bit as much about smugglers protecting their profit margin as it was a principled revolt against taxation. John Hancock, for one, made good money on - ehm - discreetly importing tea.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's the FBI's job to out-paranoid you.
Good luck to them. I've worked in data mining long enough to know a few "moles" here and there more sympathetic to freedom than their job.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,227,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Good luck to them. I've worked in data mining long enough to know a few "moles" here and there more sympathetic to freedom than their job.
So say you an anonymous moniker on an internet message board....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies