Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times

Advertisements

O K, we libruls will take credit for making it a requirement that persons hired for employment have some college education. Most employers look for the brightest people to hire, nothing wrong with that.

Neoconservatives would prefer the people they hire remain dumbed down, so they can step on their worker's necks to get to the top, after all, that's probably how Willard Romney and the Koch brothers got to the top {whoops, my bad, they were born with silver spoons in their mouths and daddy had $$$ to send them to COLLEGE, OMG -heaven forbid!}

One person, from the article in the OP's link owes $100K in college tuition fees, and that person is working to pay it back {wow, personal responsibility-conservatives absolutely HATE THAT!} conservatives would rather see people with student loans default and work flipping hamburgers!

Quote:
The firm’s greatest success story is Laura Burnett, who in less than a year went from being a file clerk to being the firm’s paralegal for the litigation group. The partners were so impressed with her filing wizardry that they figured she could handle it.

“They gave me a raise, too,” said Ms. Burnett, a 2011 graduate of the University of West Georgia.
Sure, we libs will take all the credit for requiring people to have a college education for a job. Thanks for bringing it up OP, we libruls really appreciate your support!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 06:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
And my reply was to another poster who said only the wealthy can afford college. My reply stands pat: Can't afford em? Don't have em. Dont like what I say? Don't read it and do you really think I care how much you make? And before you spout of certain claims, you better make damn sure you do.
You quoted ME freak. My comment was sarcasm but I guess that flew right over your little head.

Make damn sure I do ~ what?

I assure you ~ I can afford mine and he will be going to college, thank you very much. Your assumption that all libruls are on the dole indicates you could probably benefit from a good education yourself.

Never mind. I have that thing called a JOB (you might not understand) that requires me to leave the house.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It is pretty common here. They have so few openings that they can get degree's for $10 an hour.
Really? Common?
I try not to speak in absolutes and say no one does it as there might be a few scarce examples but common? Why would companies do something that is known for not working well because it causes higher turnover, which causes increased costs through training and therefore lowers inefficiency?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Strange, my memory must be going. I recall NAFTA being signed by President Bush the Elder. However, since it was a treaty, then Congress had to approve it, and by then Mr. Clinton was the president.
When NAFTA was approved by Congress and signed by Clinton, Democrats had an overwhelming majority in both the House and Senate. Democrats could have easily rejected it, but did not.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Nope. Not at all. I'm not wealthy, yet I've sent 2 of my 3 children to college and paid for it myself. No loans, grants, etc. All out of my own pocket and you want to know how? Wait for it...I planned for it. Wow, novel concept huh? I didn't ask one single tax payer in this country, to pay more money in taxes, to send my children to school. Not one. And before all you limp wristed liberals start: Nope. They went to private schools their entire lives; no public schools.

See, if people who have children PLAN, you know some foresight, and not just spread their legs and pull it out, we wouldn't have the problems and issues we have now. So, because you cannot plan or think, why penalize me and others? Why should I pay more money in taxes, so your children can go to college? You had them, you pay for them. Its a very simple, easy, concept liberals cannot wrap their heads around. They have them alright, and WE pay for them.
EXCELLENT post!

There is no reason whatsoever why anyone should have their earnings confiscated under threat of imprisonment for the purpose of redistributing the fruits of their labor to those who do not take responsibility for their own actions. All that is is a form of slavery, tax slavery.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I bet you even built your own roads to get your kids to their private schools too, didn't you.
And I bet he paid taxes to PAY for those roads to be built. Or is there some kind of special tax that only liberals and the poor pay to fund such?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, but I am willing to bet that he paid taxes that helped to pay for the roads he uses. The government has never built a road and has never paid for a road. The government has NO money of its own. They are simply a middleman that distributes funding that originates from taxpayers. So while he may not have built the road he drove his kids to school on, he did pay someone else to build them for him. The government is just an inefficient middleman that runs up the costs of building infrastructure.
Exactly.

Why do so many people have such a hard time understanding that very basic fact?

Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Wow, now the fact that a higher education level is required is problematic for some. Well then...

Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Some of us just don't feel the need to climb up on a cross to whine about it.
If that were true, liberals wouldn't continue to spew the ridiculous "you didn't build that" BS. It's blatantly obvious from our punitive tax code that some people pay FAR MORE than their fair share to fund public resources.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:17 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times
Quote:
I bet you even built your own roads to get your kids to their private schools too, didn't you.

You ever stop and think the guy might work for a company that builds roads??????

Anytime a statist wants to make a "point" they talk about roads. Like somehow the private sector is incapable of building and maintaining roads. lols. They'd do a better job than the government, that's for sure.

Thank God for the government. I wouldn't be able to travel anywhere without their help. lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies