Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,375,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Oh yes you are a special little snowflake... No, directly he probably didn't pay enough in taxes to pay for the roads he drives on, but I am relatively sure that he made purchases at businesses which in turn had to pay taxes on the profits from that transaction and in turn also contributed.. Is there an exact measurement of what we actually contribute on a day to day basis? No, but we all make a contribution. None the less, the government still has never built or paid for anything. The government has no money of its own. The cost of education? No of coarse not. With the highly overpaid and undereducated professors in colleges today it would be impossible for each individual to pay for the expense of college, but like the road, it gets paid by all of our contributions, not by the government.
How are you sure of that?
Be careful how you throw the "undereducated" comments around without re-reading and correcting your own posts.
Do you know what professors make? Highly overpaid, laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 12:18 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,962,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How are you sure of that?
Be careful how you throw the "undereducated" comments around without re-reading and correcting your own posts.
Do you know what professors make? Highly overpaid, laughable.
Why should I? I have people like you that have nothing better to do with their lives than to follow me around and point my errors out for me...
Yes, I have a neighbor who is a professor and if they pay him more than $100 a year, he is overpaid...

Old 02-21-2013, 12:22 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,636,740 times
Quote:
Why should I? I have people like you that have nothing better to do with their lives than to follow me around and point my errors out for me...
Yes, I have a neighbor who is a professor and if they pay him more than $100 a year, he is overpaid...
Oh. Well then. A neighbor who is a professor. You definitely know what you are talking about then!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh. Well then. A neighbor who is a professor. You definitely know what you are talking about then!

Well then there is you... That makes two...

Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Well then there is you... That makes two...
Oh you know me? You've taken my classes? At the BA, MA or Ph.D. level? You've read my published articles? What about my book? Did you read that?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Oh you know me? You've taken my classes? At the BA, MA or Ph.D. level? You've read my published articles? What about my book? Did you read that?
No, I wouldn't waste my time or my money... I've read your posts.... If I were to decide to go back to college for some reason, I would want to go in order to learn something..

Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,375,321 times
Quote:
Anecdote =/= data.
How many years has he been teaching?
Is he a department head?
How many classes and at what level does he teach.

I make close to your anecdotal salary; so what?

I'm not following you around, you're posting in a thread that I'm participating in.
It's your choice to revel in and brag about your lack of education.
Have at it.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
No, I wouldn't waste my time or my money... I've read your posts... If I were to decide to go back to college for some reason, I would want to go in order to learn something..
Don't worry. I'm not at a school where there's anything close to open enrollment, so no chance of you running across me.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Don't worry. I'm not at a school where there's anything close to open enrollment, so no chance of you running across me.
Well I am at such a loss then.... Have a good night..

Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,684,905 times
I love this statment: "Going to college means they are making a real commitment to their futures. They’re not just looking for a paycheck". No stats on this but, IME, a paycheck is the number one reason for going to college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies