Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 04:41 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,913,297 times

Advertisements

All to do about nothing .. funny how some of the biggest ******* organizations in the nation require .. um .. ID

Undercover Voter ID Investigation: You Will Never Guess Which Liberal Groups Are Demanding ID - YouTube

One of the hallmarks of the Left ... Paranoia

It's these types of things that show that the Liberal is on some pretty shaky ground when it comes to elections .. their power and influence is waning and it scares the hell out of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 04:50 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,949,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes it was I who said we should have a national standard..and the best way would be a national license/id

I dont understand why people hide from standards or havingg an ID

I WANT to be able to identify myself

I alrady have 2 FEDERAL (national) id...being retired military and a federal government civilian

I NEED my id (cac card) to access my email
WCH,
If that is what you prefer, fine. Not everybody wants to need an ID to check their email, however.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:03 PM

20,132 posts, read 16,222,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here is the entirety of the OP. (She had a lot of stuff in quotes, so I just copied the whole thing):

This thread IS about voting!
As the OP: the thread is about why someone wouldn't have a ID. I started it because of a comment I recieved about ID laws, which I support, on another thread.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:16 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,007,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As the OP: the thread is about why someone wouldn't have a ID. I started it because of a comment I recieved about ID laws, which I support, on another thread.
Thanks for clarifying.

My mom had no "offiicial" ID towards the end of her life. Her driver's license expired. My brother never got around to taking her to the PA DMV to get an ID card, and she only lived three months after we brought her out here to CO. I was always "planning" to do it, but somehow it never got done. This lack of ID did not impede her from banking (most of which was done online), going to the doctor, getting admitted to a nursing home, etc. She had not been in a liquor store for a long time before her death, and I don't think she would have gotten carded. The airline did let her on the plane to go back to CO with an expired license. (This was before 9/11.)

Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,545,214 times
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying.

My mom had no "offiicial" ID towards the end of her life. Her driver's license expired. My brother never got around to taking her to the PA DMV to get an ID card, and she only lived three months after we brought her out here to CO. I was always "planning" to do it, but somehow it never got done. This lack of ID did not impede her from banking (most of which was done online), going to the doctor, getting admitted to a nursing home, etc. She had not been in a liquor store for a long time before her death, and I don't think she would have gotten carded. The airline did let her on the plane to go back to CO with an expired license. (This was before 9/11.)
so you are saying YOU DIDNT CARE that your mother had an ID or not...you were planning..but never got to it....hmmmm

you would think that people would CARE that seniors have an id

Old 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,629,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
All to do about nothing .. funny how some of the biggest ******* organizations in the nation require .. um .. ID

Undercover Voter ID Investigation: You Will Never Guess Which Liberal Groups Are Demanding ID - YouTube

One of the hallmarks of the Left ... Paranoia

It's these types of things that show that the Liberal is on some pretty shaky ground when it comes to elections .. their power and influence is waning and it scares the hell out of them.
The video helps show that the discrimination issue for voter ID is a non-issue. To be fair, it was probably the building policy and not the agency policies that required an ID, but you need an ID for many, many, many, many things. I need an ID to go into certain court rooms in NJ. I have a constitutional right to access to the courts, but I still need an ID. This should be such a non-issue and an easy way to combat voter fraud.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you are saying YOU DIDNT CARE that your mother had an ID or not...you were planning..but never got to it....hmmmm

you would think that people would CARE that seniors have an id
Why? It didn't seem necessary, and as some have said, getting a senior who is not "all there" to the DMV can be quite challenging.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM

63,116 posts, read 29,311,495 times
Quote:
Why? It didn't seem necessary, and as some have said, getting a senior who is not "all there" to the DMV can be quite challenging.
If she's "not all there" then why would or why should this person vote?

Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,722,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

I know someone is going to cite cost so I'll go ahead and supply that because I don't see where any of them are prohibitive.
Americans shouldn't have to pay one single penny in order to vote. I'm fine with requiring IDs for voting, but there shouldn't be any cost whatsoever to get an ID card for voting.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If she's "not all there" then why would or why should this person vote?
Are we going to start doing some sort of IQ test for voting, too? How about a sobriety test? Anyway, the question was why didn't I get her an ID. Seriously, it was not at the top of my priority list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies