Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2012, 12:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,577,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Washington taking new steps to combat food stamp fraud | Fox News

850,000 people! Is this what we've become as a nation? A nation of fraudulent leeches???

I could tell you some stories, some doozies actually. Know you would believe me. Have some friends and a cousin who work for S.S. offices.
The things i hear, you head with stand up straight.
The things people pull, the fraud taking place. And yes even violence, when they are turned down for being a fraud. Police are then called.
Do you know one idiot turned up with a gun in the High Desert when he was turned down, and the security offices had to subdue the man, then the police were called. I kid you not.
It is quite sickening and sad. What this Nation has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 02:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,446,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Reading comprehension problem?

I didn't say the truly disabled are committing fraud. The vast majority of welfare recipients do not have cerebral palsy, the vast majority are able-bodied with IQ's over 70. Someone with an IQ of 70 but not able-bodied isn't what I was referring to.

Someone with an IQ of 70 with functioning arms and legs can work and if they would work, we wouldn't need to import all the third world in to do pick lettuce. Notice how the illegals are never unemployed, they're managing to find plenty of jobs.
This topic is about food stamp fraud. Why are the lefties in here turning this into a "you just must hate the poor and minorities"? It is ridiculous! I have nothing against the poor getting food stamps if they are truly needy and haven't irresponsible decisions like having a half dozen kids that they knew they couldn't support in the first place aka welfare queens. Many people have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. These types deserve some help. Again, this is about fraud and abuse by those who get food stamps not about not helping the poor and needy. Lefties are so full of hate for the right that they twist everything to fit their agenda to demonize them.

I don't know how many times we righties in here have said we want all fraud investigated not just the food stamp type but it falls on deaf ears with lefties. It doesn't fit their agenda to demonize the right.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,245,477 times
LOL, take a moment and get your story straight, look at the bold quotes below amd tell which one is total BS? Maybe both?

You ready to acknowledge that college students, albeit after jumping thru hoops, can receive Snap?

I'm guessing "MOST" doesn't included those listed in that article. " To meet eligibility requirements for food stamps, college students living in New York not only must be enrolled in school at least half-time and earn less than $1,107 each month, but must also either work a minimum of 20 hours a week, have a young child under their care, or be part of a government “work-study” program."

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Lol nice try but if you look at the OTDA website for New York, it states under their frequently asked questions that full time students are NOT ELIGIBLE. How about you look on a .gov website next chief?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Stop being intentionally deceptive and posting quotes from news articles. The info is easily accessible on the .gov website, why are you ignoring it? Straight from otda.ny.gov/programs/food-stamps FAQ section:

"Can Students get food stamps?"

Answer- "Most able bodied students ages 18 through 49 who are enrolled at least half-time in college or other institution of higher education are not eligible for food stamps."

It's right there, if you would actually look at something factual.

Last edited by buzzards27; 05-26-2012 at 03:46 PM..

Old 05-26-2012, 02:26 PM

11 posts, read 10,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This topic is about welfare fraud. Why are the lefties in here turning this into a "you just must hate the poor and minorities"? It is ridiculous! I have nothing against the poor getting food stamps if they are truly needy and haven't irresponsible decisions like having a half dozen kids that they knew they couldn't support in the first place aka welfare queens. Many people have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. These types deserve some help. Again, this is about fraud and abuse by those who get food stamps not about not helping the poor and needy. Lefties are so full of hate for the right that they twist everything to fit their agenda to demonize them.
Excuse me, you and the OP seem to have just as much hate for the left. Don't act like you have any love for the other pary. Every time the GOP has a budget, they always seem go after entitlements, but never seem to want to do anything about military spending. How much wasteful spending and fraud occurs in that department? So forgive us if we seem to be defensive against people who want to see the poor on the streets. Its funny, you say you care about all fraud, yet I dont see you starting a thread about military spending. Oh thats right, republicans never waste money, its just liberals.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:56 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,446,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workout55 View Post
Excuse me, you and the OP seem to have just as much hate for the left. Don't act like you have any love for the other pary. Every time the GOP has a budget, they always seem go after entitlements, but never seem to want to do anything about military spending. How much wasteful spending and fraud occurs in that department? So forgive us if we seem to be defensive against people who want to see the poor on the streets. Its funny, you say you care about all fraud, yet I dont see you starting a thread about military spending. Oh thats right, republicans never waste money, its just liberals.
The difference is that I don't twist what a lefty has said. Military spending is a necessary evil. Without security it won't matter if we have food stamps or not. I am not a fan of these useless wars however.

Again, see how you yourself did the twist just like I said lefties do? Now you are claiming that righties want the poor out on the street and that simply isn't true. So you fit the typical lefty. Both parties have wasted money but to hear lefties talks only the Republicans do that.

Both parties need to cut out the abuse in entitlement spending not cut it out altogether or make cuts that will hurt the truly needy like you are implying the Republicans want to do.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
The difference is that I don't twist what a lefty has said. Military spending is a necessary evil. Without security it won't matter if we have food stamps or not. I am not a fan of these useless wars however.

Again, see how you yourself did the twist just like I said lefties do? Now you are claiming that righties want the poor out on the street and that simply isn't true. So you fit the typical lefty. Both parties have wasted money but to hear lefties talks only the Republicans do that.

Both parties need to cut out the abuse in entitlement spending not cut it out altogether or make cuts that will hurt the truly needy like you are implying the Republicans want to do.
1. I'm shocked, I think you are the first republican to acknowledge the useless wars. That must have been tough for you.

2. I didn't twist anybody's words around, all I read on these threads is republicans wanting to end entitlements, but they won't touch military spending.

3. Republicans accuse democrats of wasteful spending all the time, this thread being one of them.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:25 PM

219 posts, read 929,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Washington taking new steps to combat food stamp fraud | Fox News

850,000 people! Is this what we've become as a nation? A nation of fraudulent leeches???
To the contrary! The U.S. has been a nation of "fraudulent leeches" since it's inception:

The way that conservatives complain about the widespread use of "foodstamps" one would think that such programs actually put a dent in the federal budget.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 85,128,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
To the contrary! The U.S. has been a nation of "fraudulent leeches" since it's inception:

The way that conservatives complain about the widespread use of "foodstamps" one would think that such programs actually put a dent in the federal budget.
Just goes to show you..in 100 years all we've accomplished is to move the dependency to a different source.

Old 05-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post

Good one. I never even thought about that.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:06 PM

20,001 posts, read 30,535,252 times
Quote:
This topic is about food stamp fraud. Why are the lefties in here turning this into a "you just must hate the poor and minorities"? It is ridiculous! I have nothing against the poor getting food stamps if they are truly needy and haven't irresponsible decisions like having a half dozen kids that they knew they couldn't support in the first place aka welfare queens. Many people have lost their jobs through no fault of their own. These types deserve some help. Again, this is about fraud and abuse by those who get food stamps not about not helping the poor and needy. Lefties are so full of hate for the right that they twist everything to fit their agenda to demonize them.

I don't know how many times we righties in here have said we want all fraud investigated not just the food stamp type but it falls on deaf ears with lefties. It doesn't fit their agenda to demonize the right.
if there wasnt so much fraud in the system, the folks that actually need it, would have it- thats my issue with entitlements-and no abuse oversight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies