Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually they are not being fed. That is why we have the "free" breakfast/lunch and dinners in the schools..because the kids are not getting food and home and coming to school hungry.
Sounds like this SNAP program is only good for methheads, crooked businessmen and evil corporations.

Oops, left out crackheads.

It seems to me that the government should be able to come up with some cheap vitamin fortified gruel to feed the starving masses yearning to eat. We sent a man (actually several) to the moon.

Last edited by whogo; 06-17-2012 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Sounds like this SNAP program is only good for methheads, crooked businessmen and evil corporations.

Oops, left out crackheads.

It seems to me that the government should be able to come up with some cheap vitamin fortified gruel to feed the starving masses yearning to eat. We sent a man (actually several) to the moon.
Yes, feed them all Mississippi Chain Gang food. A bowl of rice water with maggots for protien. That'll teach them to be poor and without. The food stamp recipients committed no crime but are deserving of nothing because they are the scum of the earth, leaching off of productive society.
I think I get your drift now.

........Thick Sarcasim........

Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes, feed them all Mississippi Chain Gang food. A bowl of rice water with maggots for protien. That'll teach them to be poor and without. The food stamp recipients committed no crime but are deserving of nothing because they are the scum of the earth, leaching off of productive society.
I think I get your drift now.

........Thick Sarcasim........
This is about welfare recipients who cheat, not the honest and deserving ones.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Didn't read the article did you. The Snap fraud is mostly a white collar crime, but as long as you can blame the poor recipients instead of the "honest" hard working small business men, so much the better...
Food stamp fraud is White collar crime? What article are you referring to? Certainly not the article in the OP.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
I think most people just want a living wage, be able to spend time with their families, and not be in despair.
Apparently America is so divided between the major party competition, that doing something that actually works, gets lost in the get ahead, and step on your countrymen mentality.

Food aid would not be necessary if the system was not about getting ahead.
Someone is always left behind, when the goal it to get ahead.

The two party system of want and conquer needs to go away. It's time to get over it and return to freedom, and opportunity.
I think most people need to come to grips with reality:

The bottom line is people shouldn't have children, if they CANNOT afford them. The world is becoming too populated. If you cannot afford children: DON'T have them. If EVERYONE adheres to this and people on public assistance are forced into birth control, some of these problems, in time, will go away.

Unless we, as a society, start taking the hard, difficult, and necessary steps, we will continue to fail and people will continue to be screwed over.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Food stamp fraud is White collar crime? What article are you referring to? Certainly not the article in the OP.
Wait a minute..people with white collar jobs are making too much money to be on food stamps.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I think most people need to come to grips with reality:

The bottom line is people shouldn't have children, if they CANNOT afford them. The world is becoming too populated. If you cannot afford children: DON'T have them. If EVERYONE adheres to this and people on public assistance are forced into birth control, some of these problems, in time, will go away.

Unless we, as a society, start taking the hard, difficult, and necessary steps, we will continue to fail and people will continue to be screwed over.
It just won't happen. The minute anyone opens their mouth to address it you have the emotional screaming of "starving kids dying in the streets".

It just won't happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies