Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2010, 08:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,711,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually the point is to turn the greatest military force into a social experiment for the sake of politics and political correctness.
This is how social conservatives delude themselves into thinking that discrimination is a good thing. They said the same thing when Jim Crow laws were struck down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There never was a ban on homosexuals.
Yes there was. Prior to DADT, homosexuals were not permitted to serve at all.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,316,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Do you take anything Meghan McCain says seriously? Do you remember her remark about old people over 40? She went from a leaning liberal whiner to college savvy overnight. Hmmm, nothing curious about that transformation, is there?

Let just ignore the poll taken by platoon leaders, 70% of whom said repeal of DADT would be disruptive and counter productive. How about the over 60% of field polled servicemen who didn't like it? Only 29% would share open showers with homosexuals. Half a million troops (24%) would leave service early. Only 6% would recommend military service if repeal passes. Only 5% say repeal would help morale.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the near future we'll be unable to defend our country let alone anyone else. Write it down on a calendar, DADT will either be repealed or the former will occur.

You are proof that if you say lies enough times (it's a victory for servicemen) then it becomes the truth.
And you are proof that ideology blinds you from reality.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Let just ignore the poll taken by platoon leaders, 70% of whom said repeal of DADT would be disruptive and counter productive. How about the over 60% of field polled servicemen who didn't like it? Only 29% would share open showers with homosexuals. Half a million troops (24%) would leave service early. Only 6% would recommend military service if repeal passes. Only 5% say repeal would help morale.
Lies.

Every other modern society allows gays and bisexuals to serve openly. If a heterosexual American man can't handle serving in the military with a handful of guys who are openly gay, then I think he's a wussy and a wimp, and he probably shouldn't be in the military at all.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,807,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Lies.

Every other modern society allows gays and bisexuals to serve openly. If a heterosexual American man can't handle serving in the military with a handful of guys who are openly gay, then I think he's a wussy and a wimp, and he probably shouldn't be in the military at all.
I'm so glad you aspire to be European, I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

Of course facts are lies, and lies are truths. In the end right will be wrong and wrong will be right. You are my proof of that.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad you aspire to be European, I wouldn't expect anything more from you.

Of course facts are lies, and lies are truths. In the end right will be wrong and wrong will be right. You are my proof of that.
So you think that America's military has been stronger than the militaries of other countries because gays have been required to stay in the closet?

Old 12-23-2010, 08:33 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,965,072 times
Quote:
So you think that America's military has been stronger than the militaries of other countries because gays have been required to stay in the closet?
Makes sense. If gays stay in the closet than the army can more efficiently, err, umm, well, they can umm, i dunno. Kick more ass somehow?

Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,807,583 times
Quote:
Has the US Military been stronger than any other up to this point in history? You mean you noticed that even though gays weren't allowed in or kept from being openly so that we managed to be the strongest military in the world? How presumptuous of us.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:03 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,965,072 times
Quote:
Has the US Military been stronger than any other up to this point in history? You mean you noticed that even though gays weren't allowed in or kept from being openly so that we managed to be the strongest military in the world? How presumptuous of us.
Of course, that could be kind of like saying, "Wow, did you see what the world's biggest strongest boxer did to those other guys with one hand tied behind his back? I wonder what he could do if untied?"

Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM

694 posts, read 746,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The US Senate followed the lead of the US House and just voted 65-31 to repeal the law banning homosexuals from serving in the military (US Code Title 10, Section 654). Shortly, gay Americans will be able to serve their country openly, honestly, and with integrity. This move by congress reinforces our core American values of equality and freedom. It will serve to strengthen our military by removing a law that makes lying and deceit the codified policy of the US Armed Forces and by allowing all capable Americans to lend their talents to the service and defense of our nation.

What a wonderful day for America. I applaud this move.

Here's the roll call:

All Senate Democrats voted for repeal except 1 - Manchin (D-WV) did not vote.

The 2 independent senators both voted for repeal.

7 Republican senators voted for repeal - Brown (R-MA), Burr (R-NC), Collins (R-ME), Ensign (R-NV), Kirk (R-IL), Murkowski (R-AK), Snowe (R-ME).

3 Republican senator did not vote - Bunning (R-KY), Gregg (R-NH), Hatch (R-UT).

The other 31 Republican senators voted against repeal.
I am for this IF the military - NOT Obama - doesn't mind. The military knows what works for itself and what doesn't. The miliary is not a democratic republic as is our nation.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-23-2010 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: Personal attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies