Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:52 PM

396 posts, read 732,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
LOL...well I Guess That You Can't Be A Homosexual , but maybe a Lesbian or worst of ALL A HETEROSEXUAL....

Everybody has FREE WILL BECAUSE GOD Is A Gentleman and doesn't demand that everybody bend to his WILL...Everybody just
has to be ready to accept the REWARDS and Punishment.....

The BIBLE makes a very interesting STATEMENT THAT GOD KNOWS
THE ENDING BEFORE THE BEGINNING....I guess that means that he
has ALL INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE IN HIS HEAD..WHICH DOESN'T take FREE WILL out of the HANDS OF MANKIND.....he
just knows what everyone is going to do ahead of TIME.
Holy wow... again.

You really don't realize how little sense that makes, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Holy wow... again.

You really don't realize how little sense that makes, do you?
WOW..you're cooking with GAS now GOD plainly tells MANKIND
That YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND { ME }..............LOL..FOMC...
FALLING >>OUT>>OF>>MY>>>CHAIR.....

Old 08-12-2010, 06:00 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
The only reason why the Governator's name is on the lawsuit to begin with is the fact that it's his state's law that was being sued.

He never supported it to begin with, so it would make sense that he'd subtly sabotage it by putting imbeciles up to defend it.
The State of California never ever never was in the Court. It {the great state of California} absolved Itself from having to defend the law. The excutive branch of a free republic can do that.

The defense were private citizens arguing ultimately on their own behalf.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
WOW..you're cooking with GAS now GOD plainly tells MANKIND
That YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND { ME }..............LOL..FOMC...
FALLING >>OUT>>OF>>MY>>>CHAIR.....
It's really a good thing God isn't relying on you for his marketing campaign.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
The defense were private citizens arguing ultimately on their own behalf.
Yup, which is what makes it very likely the 9th will refuse to hear the case, and possibly SCOTUS as well - which kind of bums me out. I'm still hopeful it'll go all the way, but without the state electing to defend itself, the Prop8 people don't seem to have a legal grounds for appeal.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,436,879 times
Quote:

Yup, which is what makes it very likely the 9th will refuse to hear the case, and possibly SCOTUS as well - which kind of bums me out. I'm still hopeful it'll go all the way, but without the state electing to defend itself, the Prop8 people don't seem to have a legal grounds for appeal.
My gut is telling me they're going to want to weigh in on this.
Quote:
http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/content/..._id=0000000472

Perry v. Schwarzenegger

Challenge to "Proposition 8"
10-16696 (Main appeal)
10-16751 (Intervenor appeal)

"Due to the level of interest in this case, this site has been created to notify the media and public of procedures and rules for admission to proceedings, as well as access to case information."
Just my gut, though, no legal precedent to back it up. I highly doubt they'll want to sit this one out, and will find some obscure, little-known precedent to give the appellants standing to be heard.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,574 times
Quote:
true true, well my native state will take the DOMA case straight to the SCOTUS. That will be a huge step in the right direction.

America is changing, that is an undeniable fact. The Right has a choice to make. It can resist the change and be lost to history and obscurity, or they can become like Ted Olson, and fight for the Constitution and our republicans ideals.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
They have already made that choice. These people who are being separated out eat breathe and worship control over all else. It is not up to anyone. We are witnessing a separation of wheat from chaff.

This is natures choice an opting for the survival of the species, and the laws being relatively natural instruments in the hands of rational citizens are aligned to natural selection.

Sorry haters. Time's up.....all over the world.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,942,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I HAVE read Genesis, several times, in fact. Again I ask you where I can find a description of the wedding ceremony for Adam and Eve. Because there is no such description in Genesis.

26 God said, 'Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild animals and all the creatures that creep along the ground.'
27 God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them, saying to them, 'Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that move on earth.'

closest thing i found on a wedding wasnt a traditional wedding ceremony that we see today but thats what it was

Old 08-12-2010, 11:37 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
he has ALL INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE IN HIS HEAD..WHICH DOESN'T take FREE WILL out of the HANDS OF MANKIND.....he
just knows what everyone is going to do ahead of TIME.
If the outcome of all decisions can be known ahead of time, everything is predestined - and that removes free will. If all our actions are are decided ahead of time, we are doomed to go through life as puppets, with our minds relegated to the role of thinking up rationalizations.

Of course, the absence of free will also removes responsibility. And the entire salvation thing goes by the wayside, as well. It's predetermined who'll be saved and who goes to Hell. And eternal torment for something we can't influence seems a little heavy-handed to me, truth be told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies