Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 PM

396 posts, read 733,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I don't understand why there would be uncertainty as to whether marriages performed during the appeal would be legal if an "estimated 18,000 same-sex couples married during the six months when such marriages were legal in California in 2008, and the California Supreme Court later ruled that those marriages would remain valid."
Because there was a specific ruling which allowed those marriages to remain in effect. They're not "automatically" grandfathered in. Same with any marriages performed as a result of these rulings - they "could" be declared null & void via a successful appeal by proponents of Prop8/the state.

It's unlikely, but possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 05:18 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,595,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Hmmm...might be best to suggest that he not look too deeply into those verses of Genesis. His head might explode.

Hum...I didn't know that GAYS were so mean spirited........

Old 08-12-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Plus there was Cane, Abel, and Seth, and not a chicka in sight. I guess they knocked up good ol' mom to procreate. That would be Eve/mom/babymomma.
People that hate the BIBLE don't read the BIBLE it's says that
Adam and Eve had both SONS and Little GIRLS....

Old 08-12-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Really? As a Christian, I read the Bible rather regularly, but I have never come across anything there that describes (or even mentions) any kind of marriage ceremony for Adam and Eve. Could you point me to that?
Read the first book in the BIBLE it will teel you......

Old 08-12-2010, 05:31 PM

396 posts, read 733,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
People that hate the BIBLE don't read the BIBLE it's says that
Adam and Eve had both SONS and Little GIRLS....
That doesn't improve your position any - it's still incestual. Which is rather ironic when you consider how often those against gay marriage throw out the, "what's next, brothers marrying their sisters?" thing. I mean, if it was good enough for Adam & Eve's kids... right?

And I'm still waiting for you to explain how God could have had the bible written in his head before Adam & Eve existed... because that really sort of negates the entire concept of free will and original sin.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:37 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
You know, if I'm reading this correctly, and if I'm understanding the legalities... it almost looks as if the Prop8 proponents don't actually have a prayer of having their appeal accepted.

The proponents of Prop8 are legally "defendant intervenors." They don't actually represent "the state" or "the people." The governor and the attorney general seem utterly disinclined to see Prop8 upheld. In order to appeal, if I'm understanding correctly, the "defendant intervenors" actually have to have the state on board with them.
The only reason why the Governator's name is on the lawsuit to begin with is the fact that it's his state's law that was being sued.

He never supported it to begin with, so it would make sense that he'd subtly sabotage it by putting imbeciles up to defend it.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Since I'm a female, that would be "sister," not "brother."

Ok, so God had the bible written down in his head. The bible is a series of stories about people's lives. The conversations they had. The relationships they had. The wars they fought. The people they killed. The choices they made.

Wait... that last one... "the choices they made."

I could have sworn that the whole thing about God and mankind and sin was that we have free will.

But... if what you're saying is true... and God had the bible all written out in his head before Adam & Eve even got married... then...well... not even THEY had free will. Because God had already written their story. Which kind of negates the whole idea of original sin then, doesn't it? Because then Eve didn't really decide to eat the apple, God had already decided she would eat the apple when he first wrote the bible in his head.

Please please please explain to me how this works?
LOL...well I Guess That You Can't Be A Homosexual , but maybe a Lesbian or worst of ALL A HETEROSEXUAL....

Everybody has FREE WILL BECAUSE GOD Is A Gentleman and doesn't demand that everybody bend to his WILL...Everybody just
has to be ready to accept the REWARDS and Punishment.....

The BIBLE makes a very interesting STATEMENT THAT GOD KNOWS
THE ENDING BEFORE THE BEGINNING....I guess that means that he
has ALL INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE IN HIS HEAD..WHICH DOESN'T take FREE WILL out of the HANDS OF MANKIND.....he
just knows what everyone is going to do ahead of TIME.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:46 PM

Default Let's Shake Hands

Well if you win next Wednesday let's shake hands and move on
To The SCOTUS and if those that think like me DON'T COME OUT
ON TOP....I'LL SHAKE YOUR HAND AGAIN AND MOVE ON TO SOME-
THING ELSE MORE IMPORTANT the augument that HOMOSEXUAL
SEX IS NORMAL....LOL..It's Coming DOWN THE PIKE NEXT.....

Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,293 times
Quote:
Read the first book in the BIBLE it will teel you......
I HAVE read Genesis, several times, in fact. Again I ask you where I can find a description of the wedding ceremony for Adam and Eve. Because there is no such description in Genesis.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:52 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,446,608 times
Quote:

LOL...well I Guess That You Can't Be A Homosexual , but maybe a Lesbian or worst of ALL A HETEROSEXUAL....

Everybody has FREE WILL BECAUSE GOD Is A Gentleman and doesn't demand that everybody bend to his WILL...Everybody just
has to be ready to accept the REWARDS and Punishment.....

The BIBLE makes a very interesting STATEMENT THAT GOD KNOWS
THE ENDING BEFORE THE BEGINNING....I guess that means that he
has ALL INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE IN HIS HEAD..WHICH DOESN'T take FREE WILL out of the HANDS OF MANKIND.....he
just knows what everyone is going to do ahead of TIME.
Guess it's time for a reposting of this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies