Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM

396 posts, read 732,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
O.K. Calm Down Please ?....The Bible Is GODS Instructions To
Mankind and was written down in the HEAD of GOD before MEN
Wrote It Down On Paper.....And Brother We Got To Learn How
To Agree TO DISAGREE Don't You THINK ? ? ?.....
Since I'm a female, that would be "sister," not "brother."

Ok, so God had the bible written down in his head. The bible is a series of stories about people's lives. The conversations they had. The relationships they had. The wars they fought. The people they killed. The choices they made.

Wait... that last one... "the choices they made."

I could have sworn that the whole thing about God and mankind and sin was that we have free will.

But... if what you're saying is true... and God had the bible all written out in his head before Adam & Eve even got married... then...well... not even THEY had free will. Because God had already written their story. Which kind of negates the whole idea of original sin then, doesn't it? Because then Eve didn't really decide to eat the apple, God had already decided she would eat the apple when he first wrote the bible in his head.

Please please please explain to me how this works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:00 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,361 times
Quote:
No The World Number One GAY CITY IS SAN FRANCISCO CALI...
Who gives a ****? Why are you insisting on picking a fight over which state is more gay friendly?

Bearing in mind, the story you cite happened in California, not Massachusetts, Californians banned gay marriage up until last week. Massachusetts has strict discrimination laws, and has always maintained its gay marriage, and most recently won the case against DOMA.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Would never happen in California, huh?

You apparently haven't heard of Clay Greene & Harold Scull and what happened to them, right there in Sonoma County California.

Elderly Gay Couple Lawsuit Settled with Sonoma County « Give A Damn
They wasn't in A HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE { OR} DOMESTIC
PARTNERSHIP Which Give Them The RIGHTS {TO LIVE 2GETHER}
and you know THAT CALI HAVE BOTH OF THE INSTITUTIONS.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 PM

I think someone is ignornant.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I think someone is ignornant.
Hey I'm Not MAD AT YOU....Ignorance Is Something That A
Person Can Overcome...Hey You Aren't Any Better Than
The PEOPLE WHO HAte On GAYS They Call Them A Whole
Lots Of Names......Also.........

Old 08-10-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
They wasn't in A HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE { OR} DOMESTIC
PARTNERSHIP Which Give Them The RIGHTS {TO LIVE 2GETHER}
and you know THAT CALI HAVE BOTH OF THE INSTITUTIONS.
They had all the legal protections the law afforded them at the time, including medical power of attorney. They were illegally kept apart, and one of the partners died without them ever being permitted to see each other again. Their assets were auctioned off without their consent. They were completely victimized by the county and the nursing homes.

Please cite the cases in Massachusetts in which a homosexual spouse was kept from the bedside of a spouse in the hospital.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
They had all the legal protections the law afforded them at the time, including medical power of attorney. They were illegally kept apart, and one of the partners died without them ever being permitted to see each other again. Their assets were auctioned off without their consent. They were completely victimized by the county and the nursing homes.

Please cite the cases in Massachusetts in which a homosexual spouse was kept from the bedside of a spouse in the hospital.
You can't keep GAY Marriage SPOUSES or DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP
SPOUSES apart In The STATE OF CALIFORNIA and YOU KNOW THAT....

DOMA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_Marriage_Act

Old 08-10-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
You can't keep GAY Marriage SPOUSES or DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP
SPOUSES apart In The STATE OF CALIFORNIA and YOU KNOW THAT....
And yet... they did. They weren't supposed to, but they did - which is why they're now paying the surviving spouse out the wazoo. Unfortunately, all the money in the world won't replace the time he SHOULD have been able to spend at the bedside of his dying partner, or the personal possessions - photographs, letters, mementos - that are forever lost.

Btw - still waiting for you to respond to my earlier inquiry about free will, original sin and God having written all those people's stories out before they even lived. Very interested in hearing how that works.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Hey I'm Not MAD AT YOU....Ignorance Is Something That A
Person Can Overcome...Hey You Aren't Any Better Than
The PEOPLE WHO HAte On GAYS They Call Them A Whole
Lots Of Names......Also.........
I'm really quite sure you haven't a single clue what you're talking about.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
From your link:

Quote:
On July 8, 2009, Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley filed a suit, Massachusetts v. United States Department of Health and Human Services, challenging the constitutionality of DOMA. The suit claims that Congress "overstepped its authority, undermined states' efforts to recognize marriages between same-sex couples, and codified an animus towards gay and lesbian people."[36] Judge Tauro heard arguments in Massachusetts on May 26, 2010.
On July 8, 2010, Judge Tauro issued his rulings in both Gill and Massachusetts, granting summary judgment for the plaintiffs in both cases. He found in Gill that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act violates the equal protection of the laws guaranteed by the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. In Massachusetts he held that the same section of DOMA violates the Tenth Amendment and falls outside Congress' authority under the Spending Clause of the Constitution.[3][4] Those decisions are automatically stayed for two weeks by federal court rules and are likely to be stayed further if the Department of Justice appeals, as it is expected to do.[37]
This is what the other poster was referring to, in relation to the state of Massachusetts striking down DOMA as being unconstitutional.

This is another case that will probably end up before SCOTUS, and result in a nationwide repeal of DOMA. But as it stands right now, in the state of Massachusetts, DOMA is no longer "legal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies