Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see same-sex marriage become legal where you live?
It is already legal where I live 18 6.02%
Yes 184 61.54%
No 92 30.77%
Not sure 5 1.67%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:18 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,487,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth33nthe813 View Post
The Bible is the best selling book of all time by the way.By far. So the 1st woman was created from Adam's rib, so what? And the thing about blacks being cursed is complete bull. That was a false belief that many southern preachers held, back in the days of open racism. Blacks were created equal, along with all other races, at the Tower of Babel. God also created the world's languages at that point too. God doesn't hate homosexuals. In fact, he loves them just as much as straight people. He just hates their sin, and everyone else's sin for that matter. But God certainly does not hate gay people, and neither do I.
Look at your rants, it certainly looks like you hate gay people.....

Do you believe the world is 6,000 years old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,787,349 times
Quote:
The Bible is the best selling book of all time by the way.By far. So the 1st woman was created from Adam's rib, so what? And the thing about blacks being cursed is complete bull. That was a false belief that many southern preachers held, back in the days of open racism. Blacks were created equal, along with all other races, at the Tower of Babel. God also created the world's languages at that point too. God doesn't hate homosexuals. In fact, he loves them just as much as straight people. He just hates their sin, and everyone else's sin for that matter. But God certainly does not hate gay people, and neither do I.
Best selling piece of fiction! If you take it word for word [and I bet you do] then you'll probably be going downstairs, if you catch my drift. No one can live up to that book literally. So why bother?

Blacks were always equal? Then what the hell was slavery about? They weren't treated equally until the 1960's, you and everyone on the forum knows that, so quit the bull****e.

Before you start saying God did this, and God did that....PROVE TO ME THERE IS A GOD.

It's a sin to eat pork, it's sin to mix dairy and meat. Yeah, defintely going hell.

You don't hate gay people?....you aren't making a convnicing case to the contrary.

Btw, you should consider being Catholic. Go through life doing what you want, then have your "sins" absolved on your death bed, what a concept!

Old 08-10-2010, 02:22 PM

138 posts, read 215,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Look at your rants, it certainly looks like you hate gay people.....

Do you believe the world is 6,000 years old?
I don't hate gay people, I just disagree with homosexuality. And yes, I believe the world is roughly 6,000 years old.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I don't hate gay people, I just disagree with homosexuality. And yes, I believe the world is roughly 6,000 years old.
OMG, you people exist?

I thought you guys were just in fairytales, like unicorns or the Loch Ness Monster. Wow, I kinda want to meet you and just ask why?

But, homosexulity isn't something to agree or disagree with, it's not an opinion, it's here and it's *****, so get used to it. Well it's been around since humans WALKED OUT OF THE SAVANNAHS OF AFRICA, and EVOLVED TO CREATE THE FIRST CIVILIZATION AND SETTLEMENTS, at least 15,000 years ago.

You know there are cave paintings in France that are 30,000 years old? Human civilization is at least that old, if not older.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:26 PM

22,197 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
i don't hate gay people, i just disagree with homosexuality. And yes, i believe the world is roughly 6,000 years old.
lol.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
OMG, you people exist?

I thought you guys were just in fairytales, like unicorns or the Loch Ness Monster. Wow, I kinda want to meet you and just ask why?

But, homosexulity isn't something to agree or disagree with, it's not an opinion, it's here and it's *****, so get used to it. Well it's been around since humans WALKED OUT OF THE SAVANNAHS OF AFRICA, and EVOLVED TO CREATE THE FIRST CIVILIZATION AND SETTLEMENTS, at least 15,000 years ago.

You know there are cave paintings in France that are 30,000 years old? Human civilization is at least that old, if not older.
I would have to be shown definite proof of that to believe it. And I guarantee you they don't have that.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:30 PM

396 posts, read 733,054 times
Quote:
Your Bible is meaningless when it comes to a) passing legislation in this country or b) the behavior of anyone who does not follow your Bible.

As to why it is the best selling book? Probably because it's been published the longest. That does not make it the best, or even right, particularly when you consider some of the ways in which Christian leaders ensured that entire populations were forced to conform or die - the Crusades, the Inquisition, etc. And that doesn't even address the fact that the numbers, as it relates to the number of books published, covers all versions of the Bible...including the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) and why are there so many different versions of the Bible? Because even among those who consider it the "holy word of God," they can't seem to agree on what it says.

What's the second best selling book? The Qu'ran. Only one version of that, btw. And in publication about 900 years less than your Bible (in all versions).

Third best selling book? Quotations from Chairman Mao aka The Little Red Book.

So does the fact that those have sold so widely lend authority or credence to them?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:33 PM

396 posts, read 733,054 times
Quote:
I would have to be shown definite proof of that to believe it. And I guarantee you they don't have that.
Holy wow.

So it's all just a big conspiracy... carbon dating, dinosaur bones, fossils, geology, anthropology... one big conspiracy?

Ok then... um... yeah... moving right along...

Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Oh you're right....the CAVE PAINTINGS IN FRANCE dosn't really exist...

Give me a break, and open up a book...other than the Bible.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
Holy wow.

So it's all just a big conspiracy... carbon dating, dinosaur bones, fossils, geology, anthropology... one big conspiracy?

Ok then... um... yeah... moving right along...
All I asked for was proof. Is that too much to ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies