Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 01:56 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times

Advertisements

Sounds like they’re not concerned with the virus or losing their job…and doesn’t sound like folks are lining up to be a bus driver, which isn’t surprising.

Old 03-31-2022, 03:01 PM

1,170 posts, read 537,275 times
same thing today - masked bus driver on the way to work and completely unmasked driver on the way home

so i asked him, some of you don't wear masks - so you're in compliance with the vaccine mandate but not with the mask mandate, what's up with that?

at first he said, i do my own thing

then i asked, is it because you guys are not happy about the fact that some of your colleagues are being fired and possibly condemned to poverty for not getting the shot - and he was like, yeah

Old 03-31-2022, 03:12 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,133,422 times
Nothing specific about this job but also makes u realize why customer service is so bad. Businesses have a hard time finding new folks so some of those working know they aren't going to get fired because the are basically irreplaceable right now.

Old 03-31-2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Nothing specific about this job but also makes u realize why customer service is so bad. Businesses have a hard time finding new folks so some of those working know they aren't going to get fired because the are basically irreplaceable right now.
he did not seem worried at all about being fired

you're exactly right - they're like listen, boss - i'm vaccinated, and i'm sick of wearing the stupid mask, so if you want to fire me for not wearing it which you can clearly see on your bus cameras, then go ahead - who's gonna drive these routes when we're gone?

i love it

Old 04-02-2022, 08:21 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,776,555 times
Um, Wait, people are seriously still thinking masks stop a virus two years into this? LOL

All serious studies show masks have no impact on spread of airborne respiratory viruses , period. in short, if they were to possibly stop viral transmission, the mask would have to suffocate the wearer, because a virus is so small it cannot be stopped without restricting air passage. and in fact, masks have had a very negative impact because of bacterial illnesses they've caused. During the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918, most of the people who died , actually died of bacterial pneumonia or tuberculosis, caused by mask wearing. that is well documented. It is probably similar to today, but of course everything is called covid instead of what it really was, because they get a lot of money to call everything that. It is massive fraud and corruption.

Look at the data from these two places: Sweden, and Africa. Weird that those two places would be grouped? Well, here is why. Both had low rates of mask wearing and lockdowns. yet they fared better than most places that did the mask wearing and lockdowns. Stockholm even ran their subway the whole time with no masks and they were better off than cities that closed them down or had mandates.

Old 04-02-2022, 09:47 PM

85 posts, read 83,638 times
It's amazing, you gotta admire the commitment this place has to the masks as they are going to allow that policy to single-handedly sink them due to their staunch advocacy of it. Pretty much every place has dispensed of that policy and pretend they never even enforced it yet this place is still pretty adamant about keeping it even when it's driving away their employees and dissuading others to apply because of the asinine stance they're keeping.

Old 04-02-2022, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
Um, Wait, people are seriously still thinking masks stop a virus two years into this? LOL

All serious studies show masks have no impact on spread of airborne respiratory viruses , period. in short, if they were to possibly stop viral transmission, the mask would have to suffocate the wearer, because a virus is so small it cannot be stopped without restricting air passage. and in fact, masks have had a very negative impact because of bacterial illnesses they've caused. During the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918, most of the people who died , actually died of bacterial pneumonia or tuberculosis, caused by mask wearing. that is well documented. It is probably similar to today, but of course everything is called covid instead of what it really was, because they get a lot of money to call everything that. It is massive fraud and corruption.

Look at the data from these two places: Sweden, and Africa. Weird that those two places would be grouped? Well, here is why. Both had low rates of mask wearing and lockdowns. yet they fared better than most places that did the mask wearing and lockdowns. Stockholm even ran their subway the whole time with no masks and they were better off than cities that closed them down or had mandates.
thank god this forum has a fair amount of people who have common sense and don't believe everything they see on TV

Old 04-03-2022, 06:23 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,839 times
You still have to wear masks at any medical facility. I was at Visionworks the other day and they required a mask to enter.

The paranoid germophobes still wear masks everywhere, including restaurants. They'll never give them up.

Old 04-03-2022, 08:34 AM

987 posts, read 280,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
All serious studies show masks have no impact on spread of airborne respiratory viruses , period.

Interesting. I'd love to see examples of all of these serious studies. Have any links you could share?

Old 04-03-2022, 10:47 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,776,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Interesting. I'd love to see examples of all of these serious studies. Have any links you could share?
You didn't bother to read one after months and months of sitting on your azz with almost nothing else to do during that time? the biggest one I remember is the Marine Corps study of thousands that was double blind and well monitored. it showed that the mask wearers had slightly more incidents of the illness than the unmasked. I think that one was published in New England journal or medicine in late 2020. but there were many large studies all showing roughly the same results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh