Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 01:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,268,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The left is by far the most dangerous if you look at the billions they have cost us over the past 5 years with their temper tantrum’s. Pure crazy. Been quiet now so long as we don’t have a Republican as president. Then is would start again of course and more billions in damage.
Truly amazing how folks defend the billions of $$$ in damages and the folks that cause it.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:26 PM

882 posts, read 336,841 times
For what it's worth, you can't just walk in off the street and start driving a PAT bus. You have to go through many weeks of training, and also get a CDL license.

Old 09-02-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPatriot View Post
For what it's worth, you can't just walk in off the street and start driving a PAT bus. You have to go through many weeks of training, and also get a CDL license.
Don’t recall anyone saying otherwise, and I don’t recall there being a shortage in the past.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:12 PM

14,354 posts, read 17,073,414 times
I mean, the dynamic across the economy right now with job openings is this:

1. Employers can't get enough qualified job applicants to satisfy demand.

2. As a result, they offer big wage increases, signing bonuses, and other things to get people to come work for them.

3. This mostly attracts people who already have jobs elsewhere, which in turn causes worker shortages elsewhere.

That said, this isn't really a "problem" unless you think that workers making higher wages is somehow a bad thing. It's literally the "free market" at work.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:15 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,030,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

2. As a result, they offer big wage increases, signing bonuses, and other things to get people to come work for them.

3. This mostly attracts people who already have jobs elsewhere, which in turn causes worker shortages elsewhere.

That said, this isn't really a "problem" unless you think that workers making higher wages is somehow a bad thing. It's literally the "free market" at work.
Shut down all the damn welfare scammers and see jobs being filled. The damn left is killing our country. You know it and I know it. They are living off the dopes that are working. When will it stop? The lazy need to do something instead of drinking their 40's every afternoon.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

Employers can’t even get entry level positions filled at big wage increases.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:45 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,030,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Employers can’t even get entry level positions filled at big wage increases.
There are unskilled labor jobs at $20 an hour in our area. Unskilled! It is nuts. Enjoy the inflation we are going to experience. Oh that $100 you thought was going to buy you a weeks of groceries? Better bring $200. You want to go out and eat? Forget it unless you are an attorney. Welcome to our new life. Might want to learn to be a very good cook. Thankfully I am one.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
There are unskilled labor jobs at $20 an hour in our area. Unskilled! It is nuts. Enjoy the inflation we are going to experience. Oh that $100 you thought was going to buy you a weeks of groceries? Better bring $200. You want to go out and eat? Forget it unless you are an attorney. Welcome to our new life. Might want to learn to be a very good cook. Thankfully I am one.
I said from the beginning I’m glad my financial position doesn’t depend on Sleepy Joes economy, as I saw it coming.

Skyrocketing inflation gotta be hurting a lot of folks, and we’re only 7 months in. If I was up to Sleepy Joe he’d be passing out freebies for the next 4 years. He obviously didn’t pay attention in history or economics class.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:47 AM

882 posts, read 336,841 times
Quote:
Shut down all the damn welfare scammers and see jobs being filled. The damn left is killing our country. You know it and I know it. They are living off the dopes that are working. When will it stop? The lazy need to do something instead of drinking their 40's every afternoon.
Lol, wow you’re really becoming unhinged aren’t you? Relax buddy….shut the computer off and take a walk in nature or something.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:42 AM

1,913 posts, read 745,312 times
This damage caused by Ida in the Notheast would be a big boost for the economy if it was caused by wind and insured. But most of this damage is flood related. I doubt most have flood insurance. The Feds will dump billions there though. The cost of building materials will be through the roof for years due to Ida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh