Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 06:37 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
The Port Authority stopped enforcing its mask mandate.
I wonder when it'll stop enforcing its ridiculous vaccination mandate? That would require Rich Fitzgerald to have some humility, so I wont hold my breath waiting for that to happen....

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...s/202204180104
From what people have written here, it wasn't enforced on PAT busses. It WAS still enforced for airplanes. They still enforce at doctors offices and facilities. I had Covid after Christmas, so I don't think much about masks anymore, though I'm sure it will continue to evolve and become a problem again. Hopefully not this year.

Looking back, all restrictions should have been repealed by the end of last year with the appearance of Omicron. I'm very glad I avoided Delta.

Old 04-19-2022, 07:31 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,854 times
hallelujah - this is great news for PAT bus riders like myself who had to put up with this nonsense even though i never bought into the whole scamdemic

so at the end of the day what happened these past two years?

in the US there have been over 330 million mRNA pfizer and 210 million mRNA moderna (modify RNA) doses administered

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-by-company/

over 77% of the US population has received at least one dose, most likely of pfizer or moderna which are mRNA shots that use lipid nanoparticles to get the mRNA code into the cell to manufacture the spike protein

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker

at the end of the day there are 250 MILLION AMERICANS who now have self-assembly and wireless capable NANOTECHNOLOGY in their body - after the social distancing and mask mandates are long forgotten, that's what really happened these past two years

congratulations from the control group! you have successfully completed the grand experiment of connecting humans directly to the internet!

Old 04-19-2022, 07:56 AM

not sure if this has been discussed here already but...

Allegheny County Executive Rich Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh Mayor Ed Gainey test positive for COVID-19

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...s/202204150097

"Mr. Gainey, 52, is fully vaccinated and boosted against the virus and “is only experiencing minor symptoms at this time,” the mayor’s office said in a release. He is isolating at home and will work from there for the time being, his office added.

Mr. Fitzgerald, 62, said he isn’t experiencing any symptoms and is “feeling fine.” He said he was notified of a possible exposure to COVID-19 on Thursday night and took a rapid test that came back positive. He said he’s been participating in a “vaccine trial” overseen by UPMC and the University of Pittsburgh and that he’s notified them of his positive test."

so let me get this straight - both men are fully vaccinated against the virus and they both got covid or tested positive or whatever

in the parable of the emperor's new clothes his subjects are expected to praise his beautiful outfit, and even though their own eyes told them he was naked they were too cowardly to speak up

"The central theme of Hans Christian Andersen's story of the Emperor's new clothes is that illusion depends at least in part on self-deception on the part of those being deceived. The Emperor and his courtiers pretend he is wearing clothes because they do not wish to appear foolish; in the end they look more so."

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4029473

the P-G's headline expects readers to not question the efficacy of the vaccine even though it obviously doesn't work at preventing infection

okay - got it

Old 04-19-2022, 09:10 AM

1,913 posts, read 740,186 times
How about the Chinese lockdown in Shanghai?? For Omicron! Haha.

I think it's their way of emptying out the supply chains in America even more than was already the case. It's gonna get real rocky soon.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:18 AM

987 posts, read 280,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
hallelujah - this is great news for PAT bus riders like myself who had to put up with this nonsense even though i never bought into the whole scamdemic

so at the end of the day what happened these past two years?

in the US there have been over 330 million mRNA pfizer and 210 million mRNA moderna (modify RNA) doses administered

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...us-by-company/

over 77% of the US population has received at least one dose, most likely of pfizer or moderna which are mRNA shots that use lipid nanoparticles to get the mRNA code into the cell to manufacture the spike protein

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker

at the end of the day there are 250 MILLION AMERICANS who now have self-assembly and wireless capable NANOTECHNOLOGY in their body - after the social distancing and mask mandates are long forgotten, that's what really happened these past two years

congratulations from the control group! you have successfully completed the grand experiment of connecting humans directly to the internet!

Holy Sh*t....I mean, I'm aware that there are batsh*t crazy people in the world today, but it's still shocking when you see one in real life.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:10 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Holy Sh*t....I mean, I'm aware that there are batsh*t crazy people in the world today, but it's still shocking when you see one in real life.
Are you surprised? This forum is pretty much useless at this point. You can get more info from the Karen's on Nextdoor.

Old 04-19-2022, 01:57 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Are you surprised? This forum is pretty much useless at this point. You can get more info from the Karen's on Nextdoor.
I gain information here, biased as it is from any perspective, but its useful nonetheless....and quick, compared to the poor reporting from Channel 11 or 4, which leaves you sometimes with "um, wait, what...?"

11 reported on a fire the other day and the street name, but no community name - as if we were supposed to KNOW where this street was....began w/ an "M", I think, and not in the City to my knowledge.

tl:dr I like that people express their views here. There is 98% of the time no "hmmm, i think you might be right" moments, but I gain from perusal of these boards....

and the older posters are f-ing hysterical at times!

where oh where are you, Hopes, in your jeep w/ the 'top down'! hey now....

Old 04-19-2022, 05:09 PM

Pittsburghers for Public Transit rips Port Authority for dropping mask requirement

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/tr...s/202204190111

"Pittsburghers for Public Transit called the decision “irresponsible,” saying it would put vulnerable riders who need transit the most at risk.

“Requiring masks for all riders and workers is critical to ensuring that public transit is safe and accessible,” the citizens group said in a news release. “Mask-wearing has been shown to be effective only when it is universally adopted.” "

these people want mask mandates forever for everyone until fauci himself gets on TV and say the pandemic is officially over which is never gonna happen

so if it's us against them, then they have to accept defeat for the time being and hope the biden DOJ's appeal against the ruling is successful

in the meantime i'll be happily riding the bus mask and vaccine free, and if you're concerned about me infecting you then get vaccinated and wear a mask and give me a strong, mean look of disapproval when you see me on the bus

Old 04-19-2022, 05:13 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
Pittsburghers for Public Transit rips Port Authority for dropping mask requirement

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/tr...s/202204190111

"Pittsburghers for Public Transit called the decision “irresponsible,” saying it would put vulnerable riders who need transit the most at risk.

“Requiring masks for all riders and workers is critical to ensuring that public transit is safe and accessible,” the citizens group said in a news release. “Mask-wearing has been shown to be effective only when it is universally adopted.” "

these people want mask mandates forever for everyone until fauci himself gets on TV and say the pandemic is officially over which is never gonna happen

so if it's us against them, then they have to accept defeat for the time being and hope the biden DOJ's appeal against the ruling is successful

in the meantime i'll be happily riding the bus mask and vaccine free, and if you're concerned about me infecting you then get vaccinated and wear a mask and give me a strong, mean look of disapproval when you see me on the bus
They have every right to keep wearing their masks and since masks work they don’t have anything to worry about, especially if they’re vaccinated. Sounds like they might not trust it though

Old 04-19-2022, 07:29 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Yep. A very vocal and loud minority trashed this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh