Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2022, 12:52 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
to say the south side, central Northside or lawrenceville are "suburban living at best" is really out of touch. One might even say you are living in a "fake world" to think that lol. They are all as dense as just about any mid sized city neighborhood gets.

calling morningside or Stanton heights suburban is perfectly acceptable
Three story buildings aren’t city living to me. I travel and know what city life is like. Downtown and parts of Oakland. The Strip is boarder line.

Old 09-04-2022, 08:25 PM
gg

These dems need stopped. I mean an old lady can't even sit on her from porch. How about we get back to law and order! Geez! We all don't have to live like we are in Homewood just to pretend we are "in this together" or whatever the left spews. Enough!

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/poli...DHZEB2S2MDF7A/

Old 09-05-2022, 01:49 PM

82 posts, read 30,211 times
5 black male juveniles just jumped and beat 1 white male juvenile downtown.
Is this a hate crime? Or maybe he said the ebil n word in that case he must of deserved it.
Big Ed is on it.

Old 09-05-2022, 01:58 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaljoker View Post
Is this a hate crime? Or maybe he said the ebil n word in that case he must of deserved it.
Big Ed is on it.
Don’t forget the community leaders.

Good thing they shut down Schuman so these losers can continue to walk the streets. Be a shame to see them arrested and tried as adults.

Old 09-05-2022, 01:58 PM
gg

Quote:
Big Ed is on it.
Just in time for Biden’s visit. Might as well see what he and his mob created. Perfect.

Old 09-05-2022, 01:59 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Just in time for Biden’s visit. Might as well see what he and his mob created. Perfect.
I can hear the enablers, low standards, etc…, folks now. Folks should just get over it.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-05-2022 at 02:07 PM..

Old 09-05-2022, 03:37 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I can hear the enablers, low standards, etc…, folks now. Folks should just get over it.
It isn't just enablers, it is a complete campaign run on hate and victimization. The Democratic Party ran a whole campaign on that and it created hate towards white men. It was sickening, but seems to be okay with a lot of that party. One heck of a lot of people left the Dems in PA. I know I did and I was a lifelong Democrat, but when the divided us up by race and gender, I knew I couldn't be part of that. No way. I am not alone at all in this switch and I fully blame the Democrats for dicing us up like we are mere pawns.

https://www.bradfordera.com/news/see...f91620a1a.html

Now there is a byproduct to this division that we haven't seen for a very long time. In the 80's and 90's blacks and whites just danced in the streets together. Now? A lot of blacks hate whites due to the grooming by the dems. That being said, you WILL see more violence towards white people in general. Well the statistics are showing just that. I knew it would happen and it might happen on a larger scale as the Dems continue to use this division tactic to stay in power. They are sickening and trying to get the college young vote, women, blacks on their side. They tried the Latinos, but they didn't go for it. They also tried to get the Asians, but they also didn't go for it. Riots, looting, burning every city for 4 1/2 years? What the heck, and they condone it!!!!! Then they have the gall to bring up that little group in DC and Rittenhouse, who they said shot black people and he didn't shoot any blacks at all!!!!! Yes this is real in the dems world! You can't make this stuff up, you really can't, but if it fits a narrative created by the dems, it is golden. Oh, I am not voting for a democrat for a very long time. I can't as my standard is higher than such things.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:14 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,061,381 times
Quote:
Big Ed is on it.
we dont know the situation. lets not come to immediate conclusions - things often are never as they might seem. maybe the white person was jumped because of another drug deal 'gone wrong'.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:17 AM

987 posts, read 281,008 times
Quote:
Big Ed is on it.

What evil n word?

Old 09-06-2022, 07:04 AM

468 posts, read 124,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
What evil n word?
Yea, that post is a little goofy on several respects -- no reference to any article and a poster whose sole contribution seems to be to make posts designed to provoke.

That said, now some thoughts:

1. I'm not entirely supportive of the modern position on this euphemism -- i.e., that even when covering a story that involves the word, it cannot be uttered, or even when studying it in academic setting.

2. Further, it is certainly (and hopefully goes without saying) not a word that we use around our household. That said, it is a word that is "out there" in the community, and I'd say that, by the time our child was 4, she had probably heard it at least 4 times (I'd say 2 times from Black teens walking by us and using it amongst themselves, 1 time from hip hop music blasting out of a car, and 1 "more interesting" time. More on this more interesting time. So, I'd say in March/April 2019, my wife and kid are walking on the mon wharf bike path, and I'm ahead of them about 500 yards on a run. So, there is large group of black teens hanging out down there. Not bothering anyone, but they are (mostly) blocking the path. So, a middle-aged white dude on a bike weaves his way through the crowd, not happy about it, and when he is safely past, and pretty much right next to my family, he shouts back over his shoulder, "stupid epithet." So, my kid was always pretty good about asking us about words that she didn't know, but thankfully, she didn't ask about this one.

Also thinking about a recent interview with the author who wrote the recently-published book, "Caste." So, I think this woman grew up in the south, and then she moved north. And she was commenting on how she heard that word a lot more in the north, and she gave the reason as being that, in the south, given the history, if that word is used, folks (both white and black) know that there is a good chance that violence will ensue.

So, yea, I'd also say, however, since time immemorial (late 1970s), it has been pretty much accepted that, if you use that word as directed to Black folks, you should certainly expect a beating and/or worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh