Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 05:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,288,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I agree. The constant drug use and crimes associated with it are out of control as well. So many children are impacted by opioids. Very sad
Always love the deflection and strawman arguments, especially while the violence continues to skyrocket…and very true in regards to children affected by opioids. Need to put the dealers away too, which is a huge contributor of the skyrocketing violence. Put all these losers away that can’t behave themselves.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:19 PM

4,181 posts, read 2,973,950 times
I do no deflect. I do not generalize but this is something that whites struggle with.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I do no deflect. I do not generalize but this is something that whites struggle with.
You’re certainly deflecting as the talk was about folks killing each other, not drugs, and the stats don’t lie. You want to believe whites struggle with it because you’re so concerned with the color of folks skin. The violent crime has skyrocketed, and it’s sad how folks continue to kill each other, and especially when innocent folks get caught up in these losers behavior.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-15-2022 at 06:47 PM..

Old 09-15-2022, 06:51 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,072,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
The constant violence is a disgrace, especially when innocent folks are affected. It’s so easy to behave versus continuing to kill each other.

Bingo

this is why it was imprinted on my conscious LONG ago that drugs were a disservice to everything - your neighborhood, your neighbor, your government, etc. at the time, it was about cocaine, and there were so many people from suburbs that used it.

it all added to the worst of everything. they would never understand that, or became agitated when i tried to explain to mostly suburbanites (fellow college students, guys i knew from sports, etc.) that yes, they are partially responsible for it from their purchase/use of it.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
this is why it was imprinted on my conscious LONG ago that drugs were a disservice to everything - your neighborhood, your neighbor, your government, etc. at the time, it was about cocaine, and there were so many people from suburbs that used it.

it all added to the worst of everything. they would never understand that, or became agitated when i tried to explain to mostly suburbanites (fellow college students, guys i knew from sports, etc.) that yes, they are partially responsible for it from their purchase/use of it.
Except the constant violent crime isn’t occurring in the suburbs, unless you’re talking first ring suburbs.

The talk of drug use was simply deflection from the losers that continue to kill each other.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Except the constant violent crime isn’t occurring in the suburbs, unless you’re talking first ring suburbs.

The talk of drug use was simply deflection from the losers that continue to kill each other.
see, i disagree. what we are seeing now are the scabs from the hemohage (sp) of the drug wars of the 80s and 90s.

what that did was create a status quo. over time, of course, cities had sometimes successfully helped foster a different culture based on improved infrastructure, buildings and the like, and investment had followed.
but we are so used to illegal drugs that there is no longer even a stigma of use - its because they became 'normal'.

and from that, there will always seethe violence. my pointing out the suburbs was that there is no shortage of drugs anywhere. i remember the guy selling right out in the open in Mt. Lebanon - likely a pre-arranged thing, but i knew it, he knew i knew it (we made eye contact). these people are totally fine with it. the concept of what they are doing to harm others is lost on them - but it is usually contained within places like homewood or sheraden, so what do they care.

i am NOT saying there are no users in the city. i am talking about the "constant violence" and one of its root causes.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:45 PM

Quote:
see, i disagree. what we are seeing now are the scabs from the hemohage (sp) of the drug wars of the 80s and 90s.

what that did was create a status quo. over time, of course, cities had sometimes successfully helped foster a different culture based on improved infrastructure, buildings and the like, and investment had followed.
but we are so used to illegal drugs that there is no longer even a stigma of use - its because they became 'normal'.

and from that, there will always seethe violence. my pointing out the suburbs was that there is no shortage of drugs anywhere. i remember the guy selling right out in the open in Mt. Lebanon - likely a pre-arranged thing, but i knew it, he knew i knew it (we made eye contact). these people are totally fine with it. the concept of what they are doing to harm others is lost on them - but it is usually contained within places like homewood or sheraden, so what do they care.

i am NOT saying there are no users in the city. i am talking about the "constant violence" and one of its root causes.
The constant violence are the murders that continue to get worse with no end in sight. Where are the community leaders, the outreach folks, etc.., that talk the big game and say something needs done?

Not sure where you live, but there’s no drugs being sold in the open where I live.

Where’s the guy in Mt. Lebanon selling drugs these days, and please be specific?

Last edited by erieguy; 09-15-2022 at 08:54 PM..

Old 09-16-2022, 06:15 AM

468 posts, read 125,349 times
Quote:
The constant violence are the murders that continue to get worse with no end in sight.
This is one of my issues with this thread -- there is no way you can tell that "the murders that continue to get worse" from this thread, and in recent weeks, you've shared crime stories from as diverse locations as McKeesport, Duquesne, Braddock, and Coraopolis. It would actually be helpful to discuss whether certain areas of the city are getting comparatively more dangerous or more safe.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:18 AM

1,914 posts, read 747,713 times
Quote:

No one in the suburbs regards fentanyl use as "normal". Maybe on the west coast they see it that way because it's so in your face there.

Because of the crimes they commit to finance their habit, no one wants to be anywhere near addicts. Dealers are even worse. But it seems there will always be a percentage of people who become addicts and live the rest of their lives that way.

Old 09-16-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:

Where’s the guy in Mt. Lebanon selling drugs these days, and please be specific?

gee, i didnt take time to stop and talk.

white guy, average height, pudgy but strong, like someone who bulked up using chemicals. cherubic face, and maybe italian-american. early 30s by now.

dressed in red/white checked pants.

maybe you know him since you likely walk around bleary-eyed, probably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh