Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2022, 12:52 PM

468 posts, read 124,846 times

Advertisements

Frankly erie even had me fooled for many months. I thought certainly he was just sharing all these crime stories not because he gave a crap about crime or the victims but because he was just trying to echo Republican talking points about rising crime. But after month after month after month of the same tactic from Erie guy I realized no reasonable person could view all these gun crimes and conclude that we do not have too much gun supply. So finally his master plan became clear to me; it was really eye-opening

Old 09-25-2022, 01:50 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
What is a "leftist"? Life is full of contradictions right? You criticize the newer residents of Lawrenceville, with their influx, crime in Lawrenceville (I assume) drastically decreased, and they call the police for quality of life crimes (just like the former residents of Lawrenceville), but perhaps (some of) the new residents support judges who have lighter sentencing practices? This is certainly your thesis, although you offer little support of it, other than ad hoc references to signs in windows. It is a contradiction, but it cannot be gainsaid that crime has decreased. So, either Lawrenceville continued to decline, and crime continued to stay high, or we have this influx, and lower crime, and increased property values, and oh yea, some possible contradiction that is, essentially, meaningless.

I'll take the contradiction, rather decline and "purity" of thought.
Human beings use words to communicate. Anyone who's at all familiar with American society and the English language knows what the word "leftist" refers to. What do you want proof of? Are Mik Pappas and that non-binary or whatever person not now the magistrate judges for Lawrenceville, having unseated some perfectly good long-standing judges? I read the Lisa Middleman received strong support in the "East End" in her D.A. run. Was that fake news? Why did they vote for these people? Because those candidates promised to be soft on crime. Yet I don't believe for a second that the people who live in those neighborhoods really want a soft-on-crime approach. If my saying that really hurts your feeling this much, I don't know what to tell you.

People voting for policies that they don't really want is not meaningless. If you want abortion to remain legal, would you vote for someone who vows to make it illegal? No. Why? Because that would produce results that you don't want, obviously.

Last edited by fat lou; 09-25-2022 at 02:04 PM..

Old 09-25-2022, 01:59 PM

987 posts, read 281,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Human beings use words to communicate. Anyone who's at all familiar with American society and the English language knows what the word "leftist" refers to. What do you want proof of? Are Mik Pappas and that non-binary or whatever person not now the magistrate judges for Lawrenceville, having unseated some perfectly good long-standing judges? I read the Lisa Middleman received strong support in the "East End" in her D.A. run. Was that fake news? Why did they vote for these people? Because those candidates promised to be soft on crime. Yet I don't believe for a second that the people who live in those neighborhoods really want a soft-on-crime approach. If my saying that really hurts your feeling this much, I don't know what to tell you.

People voting for policies that they don't really want is not meaningless. If you want abortion to remain legal, would you vote for someone who vows to make it illegal? No. Why? Because that would make no f$%%ing sense, obviously.
Lol, you’re such an idiot.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:06 PM

20 posts, read 3,743 times
Incredible there is a thread with 2,000 responses on here regarding gun violence.

The OP has trouble conveying their message. Much like they do on the Steelers thread. Looks like they are 2,000 of the responses on here.

It sounds like this thread is a thinly veiled attempt to promote gun control. Why beat around the bush. Come out and say you want gun control.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:10 PM

468 posts, read 124,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post

People voting for policies that they don't really want is not meaningless. If you want abortion to remain legal, would you vote for someone who vows to make it illegal? No. Why? Because that would produce results that you don't want, obviously.
It just seems that you are focusing on the one aspect of these folks that may contribute to worsening crime, while ignoring the many aspects that have lowered crime. It seems as if you would prefer the status quo ante with more crime but no contradictions.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,260,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan1933 View Post
Incredible there is a thread with 2,000 responses on here regarding gun violence.

The OP has trouble conveying their message. Much like they do on the Steelers thread. Looks like they are 2,000 of the responses on here.

It sounds like this thread is a thinly veiled attempt to promote gun control. Why beat around the bush. Come out and say you want gun control.
Nah, criminal control is what’s needed. Wayyy too many violent criminals, and especially repeat violent criminals on the streets.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, criminal control is what’s needed. Wayyy too many violent criminals, and especially repeat violent criminals on the streets.
So you are saying police don’t do their jobs?

Old 09-25-2022, 02:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,260,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan1933 View Post
So you are saying police don’t do their jobs?
They’re not allowed to do their jobs without folks crying about them being big meanies. Many folks don’t even want them in their neighborhoods to do their jobs. They prefer defending and enabling criminals than having them put away. Though Big Ed says he’s hiring more police officers so perhaps the skyrocketing violent crime isn’t going well for these folks

Old 09-25-2022, 02:27 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,403,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Lol, you’re such an idiot.
Another thought provoking responce by you

Old 09-25-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They’re not allowed to do their jobs. Many folks don’t even want them in their neighborhoods to do their jobs. They prefer defending and enabling criminals than having them put away. Though Big Ed says he’s hiring more police officers so perhaps the skyrocketing violent crime isn’t going well for these folks
What are you talking about? Who isn’t allowing them to do their jobs? It sounds like you are blaming the police because you want more criminal control. And your endless posts on gun violence make it apparent you believe in gun control
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh