Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 06:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times

Advertisements

Vehicles struck, windows shattered after shots fired on Pittsburgh’s South Side

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/poli...siqhs3fzpem768

Old 09-26-2022, 07:54 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
if what you say is true then you have heard them state they are going to defund police, reimagine police funding, replace police first responders with social workers (are YOU prepared to answer the call for 'man with AK'?), eliminate bail, reduce sentences etc blah blah blah.

EACH of these items, as any COP or PROSECUTOR has told you, has caused this problem. There have been exactly zero wins here. Blue or left in control = crime up. Red or right in control = crime down. that one keeps proving itself over, and over, and over again. AT what point do we take it seriously?
No. Defunding the police and using trained professionals for the mentally ill does not = defund the police. The same can be said about teaching true history does not = that CRT made up BS. You (the right) takes bs and run with it. That whole woke, border crisis, voting, anti abortion MAGA crap is smoke and mirrors.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
if what you say is true then you have heard them state they are going to defund police, reimagine police funding, replace police first responders with social workers (are YOU prepared to answer the call for 'man with AK'?), eliminate bail, reduce sentences etc blah blah blah.

EACH of these items, as any COP or PROSECUTOR has told you, has caused this problem. There have been exactly zero wins here. Blue or left in control = crime up. Red or right in control = crime down. that one keeps proving itself over, and over, and over again. AT what point do we take it seriously?
Bingo

Old 09-26-2022, 08:01 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Interesting how you claim to never hear such things that are quite common. Perhaps you should leave the “city hood” you claim to live i n once in awhile…and considering you’ve said “F the police” many times, it’s interesting that you’re asking who says such a thing.

“The increase in crime should give people pause before they talk about defunding the police or reducing officers in Black neighborhoods, Homewood resident Zinna Scott said. Scott, president of the Zone Five Public Safety Council, said she believes the presence of police curbs violence.

But since talks of defunding the police and reducing officers in Black neighborhoods gained momentum last year, Scott said she has welcomed people to offer answers for an alternative”.

As Violent Crimes Increase In Some City Neighborhoods, Residents Debate Officer Visibility

https://www.wesa.fm/identity-communi...cer-visibility
I am a world traveler. I actually live in my metro. I am not disadvantaged in any way. I am not that stereotypical sheltered Pittsburgh resident. My children are adults now which means the world is finally mine. I am a city boy with rural roots. On Thursday I’ll be in Dallas and by Monday I’ll be waking up in Paris…. staying in the 10th…… I stance remains the same.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I am a world traveler. I actually live in my metro. I am not disadvantaged in any way. I am not that stereotypical sheltered Pittsburgh resident. My children are adults now which means the world is finally mine. I am a city boy with rural roots. On Thursday I’ll be in Dallas and by Monday I’ll be waking up in Paris…. staying in the 10th…… I stance remains the same.
Sure thing. Yet you know little of what goes on around you, as you often say you’ve never heard of such things that are quite common, as I’ve once again proven with the posted article.

Old 09-27-2022, 06:18 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
Quote:
I have attended campaigns and rallies. I have never heard a candidate state "I am going to take the soft on crime approach". Never have I ever heard this and I have been voting faithfully since 1993.
So what's the point of voting for a Lisa Middleman, or a Chesa Boudin? Why unseat a long-standing magistrate to instate Mik Pappas? What's the appeal of these candidates?

Old 09-27-2022, 06:21 AM

Quote:
No. Defunding the police and using trained professionals for the mentally ill does not = defund the police. The same can be said about teaching true history does not = that CRT made up BS. You (the right) takes bs and run with it. That whole woke, border crisis, voting, anti abortion MAGA crap is smoke and mirrors.
Why is obsessing over a group of people who have made up about 10-15% of a nation's population "true history?" What exactly is false about not obsessing over such people?

Old 09-27-2022, 06:25 AM

468 posts, read 123,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So what's the point of voting for a Lisa Middleman, or a Chesa Boudin? Why unseat a long-standing magistrate to instate Mik Pappas? What's the appeal of these candidates?
SHeesh, just a side note Lou, but didn't realize PA magistrates serve 6 year terms! Figured it was 2 or 4, and that even if they elected someone who was too soft, course correction would come. Are the terms staggered, or was everyone up at the same time? What types of crimes do the magistrates handle anyway?

Old 09-27-2022, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Yes to all of that. I also want to see it become illegal to keep a gun in a vehicle overnight. In the first 5 months of this year, the Nashville police had reports of 625 guns stolen from vehicles. That`s just one city and only 5 months and only the guns that were reported stolen. Vehicles don`t have 2nd amendment rights.

https://tennesseestar.com/2022/06/02...release%20said.
All right, cool. Remember that, and always vote for politicians and judges who take the strongest law-and-order stance possible. Dr. Oz seems to be taking a tough-on-crime approach. You are voting for Dr. Oz, right?

Old 09-27-2022, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
SHeesh, just a side note Lou, but didn't realize PA magistrates serve 6 year terms! Figured it was 2 or 4, and that even if they elected someone who was too soft, course correction would come. Are the terms staggered, or was everyone up at the same time? What types of crimes do the magistrates handle anyway?
So what is wrong with you, exactly? What's the official diagnosis? I'm just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh