Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2022, 06:56 AM

468 posts, read 124,941 times

Advertisements

I dunno, seems all too human to me. Is this actually a clandestine gun control thread? Very cheeky of Erieguy, I'd say. Kudos my friend.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:02 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s the right who helps the bad guys acquire guns.
I'll ask you again, I don't think that you answered me the last time: so do you want to see police departments start to get very aggressive about getting guns off the streets? Do you want prosecutors to vow to prosecute anyone caught with a gun to the fullest extent of the law, and for anyone who's caught with a gun to do serious time?

Old 09-25-2022, 07:11 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
95% of serious crime problems are confined to our cities, and this includes Pittsburgh. It's not density. Dormont has the highest density in the region and there's not over the top crime there. It's the people who live in the city, and in cities in general.

It was tolerable while the old commuting system still existed, as suburban workers weren't outside much except to walk to their offices from their transportation.

Now, for the majority of time, no one except criminals has a reason to go into the city. The Left is killing their own beloved cities, first with lockdowns, now with crime.

What is their plan? Do they have one or Is it just stupidity? I've met people who are that stupid and they typically are female liberals or teenaged liberals. Come to think of it, I don't know a single adult male who voted for Biden, so unless someone has a better explanation, I have to go with stupidity as their reason for destroying that which they claim to value so highly.
If you argue with any serious leftist, you'll find that they'll contradict themselves, a lot. It's just a key feature of their philosophy, I guess.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
If you argue with any serious leftist, you'll find that they'll contradict themselves, a lot. It's just a key feature of their philosophy, I guess.
What is a "leftist"? Life is full of contradictions right? You criticize the newer residents of Lawrenceville, with their influx, crime in Lawrenceville (I assume) drastically decreased, and they call the police for quality of life crimes (just like the former residents of Lawrenceville), but perhaps (some of) the new residents support judges who have lighter sentencing practices? This is certainly your thesis, although you offer little support of it, other than ad hoc references to signs in windows. It is a contradiction, but it cannot be gainsaid that crime has decreased. So, either Lawrenceville continued to decline, and crime continued to stay high, or we have this influx, and lower crime, and increased property values, and oh yea, some possible contradiction that is, essentially, meaningless.

I'll take the contradiction, rather decline and "purity" of thought.

Last edited by Burghophilia; 09-25-2022 at 07:32 AM..

Old 09-25-2022, 07:33 AM

1,913 posts, read 744,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It`s the right who helps the bad guys acquire guns.
That's so funny I laughed out loud. Plus the idea that gang bangers are handed guns by some invisible right-wing force is an excellent demo of the kind of thinking liberal females are capable of.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:52 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I'll ask you again, I don't think that you answered me the last time: so do you want to see police departments start to get very aggressive about getting guns off the streets? Do you want prosecutors to vow to prosecute anyone caught with a gun to the fullest extent of the law, and for anyone who's caught with a gun to do serious time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
That's so funny I laughed out loud. Plus the idea that gang bangers are handed guns by some invisible right-wing force is an excellent demo of the kind of thinking liberal females are capable of.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Excellent work, Erie, keeping up the pretense. Love your gun control work. Now try not to run afoul of the NRA, those folks can be brutal to dissenters like you.

Old 09-25-2022, 11:32 AM

82 posts, read 30,297 times
The NRA does more for gun safety than any other organization.

They certainly don't teach black people to hold their guns sideways and fire into crowds of innocent people.

Old 09-25-2022, 11:39 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaljoker View Post
The NRA does more for gun safety than any other organization.

They certainly don't teach black people to hold their guns sideways and fire into crowds of innocent people.
But it’s easier to blame the meanie NRA and its members than to blame those causing the most problems.

Old 09-25-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
But it’s easier to blame the meanie NRA and its members than to blame those causing the most problems.
Well done. You still aren’t breaking cover, but your genius tactic of warning folks about the profligacy of the us gun supply continues!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh