Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2022, 08:56 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Even with gentrification, my parents didn't get any money from their parents' houses. Like I said, without hitting the gentrification lottery, what would those houses have been worth? 30 grand? Half of a yearly middle-class salary?
Does it matter? They would have been cashed out and passed on by now. We are talking middle class black families. Not the working poor. Affluent blacks left the Hill District for Homewood. These middle and upper middle class homeowners were redlined. Lawrenceville was not as affluent as Homewood during that time.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:02 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Does it matter? They would have been cashed out and passed on by now. We are talking middle class black families. Not the working poor. Affluent blacks left the Hill District for Homewood. These middle and upper middle class homeowners were redlined. Lawrenceville was not as affluent as Homewood during that time.
Do you have any stats to back that up? City fireman was the most common occupation in my old neighborhood. Lawrenceville hit the skids because it's part of the Pittsburgh public school district, and because section 8 tenants were moved in. How much is a house in Homewood worth these days?

Old 08-20-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I don't really get this argument, either. How much would buying a house in Homewood, or Larimer, or Braddock in the 50s or 60s really have done for someone long-term? Not much, as far as I can tell. A lot of the houses in those areas aren't even there anymore.
Mercy. I give.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:07 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing about you and that BS you posted. What in the hell is wrong with you?
At least I laid out a logical argument.
Your biggest shtick is accusing everyone else of being racist while being blind to your own racism.

Then you go on to insult my son while making a blatantly racist argument that made no sense.
Quote:
I’ve never known a black child that would complain during playtime. Never. You made that sh!+ up.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Your biggest shtick is accusing everyone else of being racist while being blind to your own racism.

Then you go on to insult my son while making a blatantly racist argument that made no sense.
Yet you are irritated by a young lady? This young lady is the victim. Young black children are complaining of race on the playground? Ok. Most Black children are shielded from anything race related at that age. We do not apply that type of pressure to young growing minds. I can't imagine a black child complaining " they are not passing the ball to me because of my blackness" ....come on. The kid would simply take the ball. The competitiveness would outweigh any perception of racism.

I never post anything racist in nature.... Never ever. I have white friends.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:21 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:

Bingo

Old 08-20-2022, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yet you are irritated by a young lady? This young lady is the victim. Young black children are complaining of race on the playground? Ok. Most Black children are shielded from anything race related at that age. We do not apply that type of pressure to young growing minds. I can't imagine a black child complaining " they are not passing the ball to me because of my blackness" ....come on. The kid would simply take the ball. The competitiveness would outweigh any perception of racism.

I never post anything racist in nature.... Never ever. I have white friends.
She annoys me because shes doing her best to contribute to the creation of new victims of gun violence, because she is not informing the appropriate authorities about those she knows are illegally carrying guns, while she bemoans the alleged lack of support given to the victims in the aftermath of gun violence.

My kid had no reason to make up that story.

Oh come on.. if a conservative poster would say "I never post anything racist in nature... Never ever. I have black friends." I have a feeling you'd be on them like a pack of wolves on a 3 legged cat.

Old 08-20-2022, 12:17 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
She annoys me because shes doing her best to contribute to the creation of new victims of gun violence, because she is not informing the appropriate authorities about those she knows are illegally carrying guns, while she bemoans the alleged lack of support given to the victims in the aftermath of gun violence.

Oh come on.. if a conservative poster would say "I never post anything racist in nature... Never ever. I have black friends." I have a feeling you'd be on them like a pack of wolves on a 3 legged cat.
Bingo

That’s already happened when folks say they have black friends. I don’t believe you, you’re not real, etc… The assumptions and claims of racism never end.

Old 08-20-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:

“Oh come on.. if a conservative poster would say "I never post anything racist in nature... Never ever. I have black friends.”

I thought it was funny. I was being facetious.

Old 08-20-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
“Oh come on.. if a conservative poster would say "I never post anything racist in nature... Never ever. I have black friends.”

I thought it was funny. I was being facetious.
Gotcha. So racism against white people is funny, but not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh