Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 04:54 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,603,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Very good movie & wasn't Val Kilmer great?! I've known 2 people who saw the Doors live onstage many times & knew Jim enough to have held brief conversations with him... they both said Val basically channeled Jim in that movie.

In fact, the movie seems to have been hard to hold a candle to... aside from interesting roles in a couple of bit parts, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure Val has been able to find any role since, which has lived up to his portrayal of Morrison?? Too bad because I've always liked him onscreen.
IMO this was a better performance than any of recently lauded biopic roles, like Jamie Foxx in Ray, Sean Penn in Milk etc.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:09 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,388,896 times
Apocalypto

Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,390,980 times
Here comes the Boom - very funny.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,117,381 times
Jack Reacher - MUCH better than I thought it would be.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM

20 posts, read 13,180 times
I have watched TV series Arrow. It was wonderful one. At the first time I did not like this, but in a few moments I changed my opinion. The script line for actions of the island is a zenith of the human ideas. Truly, I have not loved movies about Super Heroes, but this film is filled a lot of details. Indeed, some things separate good films and common films. This one is availability of related details.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part_of_you View Post
I have watched TV series Arrow. It was wonderful one. At the first time I did not like this, but in a few moments I changed my opinion. The script line for actions of the island is a zenith of the human ideas. Truly, I have not loved movies about Super Heroes, but this film is filled a lot of details. Indeed, some things separate good films and common films. This one is availability of related details.
Despite being on one of the "lesser" network channels, I have to say, this show is excellent. Great cast, great atmosphere and overall quality approaching some of the biggest movies out today.

I highly recommend it as well.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
"Pacific Rim"

See this movie.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
I just watched flight of the navigator - 1986

One thing I wonder about that movie is: David arrives 8 years in the future (1986) and then @ the end of the movie he gets taken back to 1978 -- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN 1986 ROLLS AROUND AGAIN?? (He will be there again and everyone will remember it (NASA,etc) because that spaceship dropped him there @ first) -- Its kinda strange!

EXCELLENT MOVIE,I LOVE IT!!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,386,282 times
Despicable Me 2

It was okay. I probably would have liked it more had I not watched Monsters U right before

Old 07-13-2013, 12:33 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,354,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Though, he was great in Tombstone and Heat, my favorite Val Kilmer movies are Spartan and At First Sight.
Yes, those were very good TL. I guess I'd say my faves so far have been Heat & The Saint, but I see on the imdb site he's done a few 2009 movies I haven't yet seen, which look promising... Double Identity & Hardwired... not the action type normally (although I have surprisingly liked a few Tom Cruise & Jason Statham action flicks), but the trailers look interesting. Think I'll look for them this weekend. I have a nasty knee injury from a too frantic workout class... blitheringly crazy, leotard-clad, cardio nutters... <Insert fist shaking emoticon> so plan on remaining Ace bandaged with ice packs & a heating pad, having some fine ale & watching a few movies tomorrow.

[qote=]I know I have a weird taste.[/quote]

No worries, mate, that's quite allowed. Yesterday, I watched the Johnny Thunders documentary, 'Born to Lose', followed by 'The Filth & the Fury' about the Sex Pistols, 'Hey, Is Dee Dee Home' about Dee Dee Ramone talking mainly about Johnny Thunders & 2 other punk documentaries. No one can stay with me for long... I drive them out of the house soon enough with my musical/film tastes.

Quote:
I am also a sucker for romantic dramas.
That's fine, too. I've tried, but can't get much into Julia Roberts/Meg Ryan style rom-coms. I do sometimes get in the mood for a handful of Japanese/Korean horror flicks (scare the bleedin' life out of ya, they will) or old Cary Grant/Clark Gable films. That's why I enjoy reading others choices or reviews... we all differ.

Have a brilliant weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies