Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM

32,119 posts, read 34,777,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
For all we know just like in the Dark Knight, the Bat could have had an escape jet of some sort just like the Batmobile did with the motorcyle.

Just like you said how this is a comic movie, it's not going to be 100% realistic....
Yeah, you can't say "It's a movie, he could have recovered from a broken back in 3 months" and then say "But it would have been impossible to survive that blast." I wouldn't be surprised if Lucius invented some nuclear-resistant escape jet...further adding to the ridiculousness of the film.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 12:02 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,323,279 times
However, regardless, I think it was an enteraining movie, no masterpice whatsoever, but a solid ending to the trilogy. Especially when you compare it to most comic book movies.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 PM

360 posts, read 983,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Joseph Gordon Levitt.
But isn't he Robin???

Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,537,537 times
I thought it was a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy. The plot was great and I never felt like it dragged on. It wasn't quite on the same level as TDK or BB, but what part 3 of any movie series is? Surprisingly, I actually liked Bane's character better than the Joker. I actually got chills and felt intimidated by him in a way I haven't by a movie character since maybe Darth Vadar. Unfortunately, I could only understand about 70% of what he was saying. That is my biggest complaint about the movie.

There were plot holes in all three movies, not just this one. Try to remember you're watching a comic book movie that, although grounded much more in reality than other comic book movies, still is....a comic book movie. That might require putting some logic on the back burner and not nitpicking everything or else you're going to suck the fun out of it.

SPOILER: And there was nothing ambiguous about the ending. Bruce Wayne didn't die. In Alfred's vision earlier in the film, the man he believed to be Bruce Wayne would turn around and it would be someone else. That did not happen at the end. Along with Fox finding out that Bruce fixed the auto-pilot patch, Nolan all but spelled it out. Wayne survives but retires as Batman.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:24 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,006,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I mean, if recovering from a broken back in 3 months is within the realm of possibility, why isn't a radioactive-proof ejection capsule?
He didnt have a broken back, he had a slipped vertabrae, I believe.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
I thought it was a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy. The plot was great and I never felt like it dragged on. No, it wasn't as good as TDK or BB, but what part 3 of any movie series is? Surprisingly, I actually liked Bane's character better than the Joker. He just seemed so much more intimidating. Unfortunately, I could only understand about 70% of what he was saying. That is my biggest complaint about the movie.

There were plot holes in all three movies, not just this one. Try to remember you're watching a comic book movie that, although grounded much more in reality than other comic book movies, still is....a comic book movie. That might require putting some logic on the back burner and not nitpicking everything or else you're going to suck the fun out of it.

And there was nothing ambiguous about the ending. Bruce Wayne didn't die. In Alfred's vision earlier in the film, the man he believed to be Bruce Wayne would turn around and it would be someone else. That did not happen at the end. Along with Fox finding out that Bruce fixed the auto-pilot patch, Nolan all but spelled it out. Wayne survives but retires as Batman.
Exactly. I think for the third installment of a movie it was solid, just that the two other ones were better. I usually don't have high hopes as Part III of movies are usually the worst. However, in regards to the plot holes, while they all had them, this one just seemed to have a lot more and they were a lot more noticeable.

Agree with what you said about the ending. Bruce Wayne is "dead" in that he will no longer lead the life he was living before, rather start anew along with Selina Kyle who is also "dead" because I am sure she erased all records. I really don't think the ending was meant to be ambigous. There are is much proving he is alive rather than dead.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,923,904 times
Batman/Bruce is still alive at the end because of the autopilot feature. Apparently, he figured it out....

Old 07-23-2012, 12:41 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,115,658 times
I loved it. I loved all of them!

Old 07-23-2012, 12:48 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,006,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Exactly. I think for the third installment of a movie it was solid, just that the two other ones were better. I usually don't have high hopes as Part III of movies are usually the worst. However, in regards to the plot holes, while they all had them, this one just seemed to have a lot more and they were a lot more noticeable.

Agree with what you said about the ending. Bruce Wayne is "dead" in that he will no longer lead the life he was living before, rather start anew along with Selina Kyle who is also "dead" because I am sure she erased all records. I really don't think the ending was meant to be ambigous. There are is much proving he is alive rather than dead.
I have discussed this with people both in person and online and you are the first to thing he was living so if it wasnt meant to be ambigious, it is anyway.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I have discussed this with people both in person and online and you are the first to thing he was living so if it wasnt meant to be ambigious, it is anyway.
Really, becuase almost everything I have come across and everyone I have spoken to believes he is alive and did not think the ending was meant to be ambigous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies