Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:14 PM

103 posts, read 367,003 times

Advertisements

It was an ok movie for a sequel to a sequel. Personally, I enjoyed it overall but yes, it had some flaws.

My biggest issues with the movie was that it took way too long to get to the story. I got that Batman was laying low for the past 8 years but did it really take an hour to show that? The editing could have been better but apparently editing is not one of Nolan's strengths as was evidenced in some of his previous movies.

I was also one of the people who had an issue with sound editing and the voice for Bane the Villian. At times it was hard to understand him. Evidently this was also an issue at the early screening in the Winter of 2011 with viewers.

Really IMO the Villian was intimidating enough, that he didn't really need a whole lot of unnecessary dialogue, especially since it took away from being able to completely follow the movie. Otherwise it is what it is, a sequel to a sequel, an ok and entertaining ending to a trilogy and nothing special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,022,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiladybarb View Post
It was an ok movie for a sequel to a sequel. Personally, I enjoyed it overall but yes, it had some flaws.

My biggest issues with the movie was that it took way too long to get to the story. I got that Batman was laying low for the past 8 years but did it really take an hour to show that? The editing could have been better but apparently editing is not one of Nolan's strengths as was evidenced in some of his previous movies.
The movie actually should have been longer. There was a lot more going on during the first hour than showing that he had been laying low for 8 years.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:22 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,197,001 times
Ok, I went to see it this past weekend with my two teenage kids and here are our exchanges during the movie:

- What did Bane say? I couldn't hear what he said.
- Why does Bane have that mask? Is it only to mask pain or does it make him super strong?
- Bane went through all that elaborate staging on the plane just to kidnap a scientist?
- Why do we care about Harry Denton?
- I didn't know Bruce Wayne liked Miranda THAT much.
- Kids, I fell asleep after Batman's back was broken, why did Bane put him inside this prison instead of just killing him?
- Why is there a TV inside this primitive hell-hole of a prison? Is there a Starbucks too?
- Why are the prisoners chanting?
- There was no mass rush for the exit in the football stadium?
- All 3000 cops went underground?
- The armored car's guns are pretty underwhelming.
- Batman needed Catwoman to blast a hole in the roadblock so he can use that time to scale the bridge and paint the batman symbol in flammable liquid?
- I think Batman's still alive.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:24 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,592,663 times
Quote:

My biggest issues with the movie was that it took way too long to get to the story. I got that Batman was laying low for the past 8 years but did it really take an hour to show that? .

That was part of the story? I don't get it when I hear or read comments like this. I guess most just want to see Batman going around punching people.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:56 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,572,715 times

Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Ok, I went to see it this past weekend with my two teenage kids and here are our exchanges during the movie:

- Why does Bane have that mask? Is it only to mask pain or does it make him super strong?
- Bane went through all that elaborate staging on the plane just to kidnap a scientist?
- Kids, I fell asleep after Batman's back was broken, why did Bane put him inside this prison instead of just killing him?
- Why is there a TV inside this primitive hell-hole of a prison? Is there a Starbucks too?
- Batman needed Catwoman to blast a hole in the roadblock so he can use that time to scale the bridge and paint the batman symbol in flammable liquid?

Exactly! So I see I am not the only one who had a hard time understanding what he was saying.lol..
After a while I just gave up on even trying to understand what he was saying. Like I said IMO it was just ok but I thought the first 2 movies by Nolan were way better.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,592,663 times
Quote:
Exactly! So I see I am not the only one who had a hard time understanding what he was saying.lol..
After a while I just gave up on even trying to understand what he was saying. Like I said IMO it was just ok but I thought the first 2 movies by Nolan were way better.

I guess I'm one who didn't have a problem with it.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,964,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I guess I'm one who didn't have a problem with it.
Not really. I didn't find it to be that big an issue.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,572,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

This is too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies